NOTE: This wiki is provided by the OASIS standards consortium as a collaborative tool for members of the OASIS DITA Technical Committee, who are permitted to post to these pages. As this is an official workspace of the TC, the OASIS IPR Policy and other OASIS rules apply to its use. To learn more about the work of the TC, send a comment, or join this effort, visit the OASIS DITA TC homepage.
Wiki pages are transient documents, so intermediate edits may not be saved. TC members should move all permanent work and stable artifacts to the TC's document repository, where the archival work product of the TC also can be viewed by the public.
OASIS DITA TC Wiki
The OASIS DITA TC uses this Wiki for agendas for the weekly call, collaborative design work, and project tracking.
See Agenda backlog for a back log of items for discussion at DITA TC meetings. The DITA TC leadership uses items from this list, as well as posts from the TC mailing list and the dita-comment list to construct the weekly agenda. The agenda is usually completed in the hour prior to the TC meeting.
21 March 2017
Screen sharing (if needed)
https://apps.na.collabserv.com/meetings/join?id=2891-8792 (Note: Join as a guest)
- Password: metadita
11 AM ET open
- Regrets: Carsten Brennecke
Approve minutes from business meeting on 14 March 2017:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201703/msg00020.html (Nancy Harrison, posted 14 March 2017)
- New TC members: None
- 23 August 2016:
- Kris: Get TC instance of DITAweb updated with 1.3 DTDs; restore sync with SVN (IN PROGRESS)
- 6 September 2016
- Kris: Revise subject scheme example topic pulled from errata 01
- 4 October 2016:
- Tom: Work on aggregated minutes for 2005-2011 (IN PROGRESS)
- 25 October 2016
- Deb: Develop FAQ for folks new to DITA TC (IN PROGRESS)
- 21 February 2017
- Kris: find someone from the iiRDS working group to come to TC meeting and do presentation. (COMPLETED -- Scheduled for 18 April 2017)
- Kris: Organize meeting with Robert, Kris, Dick, and Dawn about workflow/admin practices for DITA 1.3 errata 02. (COMPLETED -- Scheduled for Thursday, 23 March at 3 PM ET)
- 28 February 2017
- Robert: update 2.0 proposal process to include info on removing something from a shell without removing it from the specification.
- Robert: update 2.0 proposal process to include info on referencing deprecated elements/attributes, in case of backwards compatibility issues.
- 07 March 2017:
- Robert: Update DITA 2.0 process to include link to instructions for stage 3 reviewers / reinforce idea that reviewers need to validate proposals
- Kris: Organize meeting with Dawn, Carlos, Robert, Nancy, and Chris to discuss high-level design for DITA 2.0 spec. (COMPLETED -- Scheduled for Wednesday, 22 March at 3 PM ET)
- 23 August 2016:
Continuing item: DITA 1.3 Errata 02
Continuing item: Overall fixes for bookmap for DITA 2.0
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201702/msg00033.html (Eric Sirois, 21 February 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201702/msg00035.html (Eric Sirois, 21 February 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201702/msg00038.html (Kimber, 21 February 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201702/msg00040.html (Nitchie, 21 February 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201702/msg00048.html (Swope, 21 February 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201702/msg00050.html (Eberlein, 21 February 2017)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201702/msg00051.html (Kimber, 21 February 2017)
Continuing item: Formal work on DITA 2.0
- Review of Stage one (in progress) cards on project page
- Separate learning and training
- Separate machinery task from technical content
- Redesign how grammar files are structured for delivery
- Mandate a processing order
Continuing item from the backlog: Discussion re TAB comments on CSPRD 01
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201508/msg00074.html (Eberlein, 8 August 2015)
Hyperlinks for all element and attribute mentions: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TAB-1276
- For discussion to give guidance to small group working on high-level design for DITA 2.o specification
Continuing item: Listening sessions
- Research Triangle Park, NC
- Austin, TX
Continuing item: Work on committee notes
- Update to "Why Three Editions" (on hold to align with release of errata 01)
- "Upgrading to a new version of DITA" (on hold indefinitely)
- "DITA and the DITA Open Toolkit"
- "Lightweight DITA: An introduction"
12 noon ET close
These sections contain links to key DITA TC Wiki pages, subcommittees, OASIS announcements, and the versions of the DITA specification.
DITA TC administration
DITA TC subcommittees
DITA Learning & Training
DITA Technical Communication
GitHub project: https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/projects/2
DITA 1.3 errata 02
DITA 1.3 errata 01
DITA Adoption TC
The DITA Adoption TC and the DITA TC are separate OASIS technical committees. They focus on different aspects of DITA, although their work is complementary and is coordinated at a high level through overlapping membership. The DITA Adoption TC is focused on educational and outreach activities to increase the awareness and usefulness of DITA. The DITA TC is focused on developing the DITA standard.