On behalf of the OASIS DITA Adoption Technical Committee, I want to invite you to the Kirkland-area "DITA listening session"
In order to accommodate those who would like to attend virtually, a WebEx is available.
Physical attendance is encouraged, as this will also be a great opportunity for networking and meeting folks in the technical writing industry in the area.
If you are interested in attending virtually, contact mailto:email@example.com for the details.
Please RSVP to:
- Dawn Bunting
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- Members of the OASIS DITA Adoption Technical Committee (local and video remote).
- Area DITA writers, architects, managers, and tool smiths.
- Company reps at all stages of a DITA implementation.
- Although members of these Technical Committees interact with DITA prospects and DITA practitioners routinely at conferences and online, we suspect that our picture of how things are actually going for DITA companies is incomplete if we do not have venues for those DITA users and architects who have not had opportunity to attend conferences, local user groups (if they exist), or technical forums. These listening sessions are a form of outreach to DITA people where they live and work. They are an opportunity for the Committee to feedback from current, past and future DITA users.
The Technical Committee recently released DITA Version 1.3 and is now assessing what sorts of features and/or capabilities might be important for DITA 2.0. See http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/ The DITA Adoption Technical Committee focuses on identifying and removing obstacles to initial DITA adoption and long-term DITA investments. See https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita-adoption
- The format is informal within the following structure:
- 30 minutes meet n' greet
- 60 minutes attendee roundtable -- how is DITA doing at your company?
30 minutes Q&A - OASIS TC members asking attendees
30 minutes Q&A - local attendees asking OASIS TC members
- (Optional) Dinner and refreshments at a local watering hole
Please RSVP by Friday, January 20th to:
- Dawn Bunting