NOTE: This wiki is provided by the OASIS standards consortium as a collaborative tool for members of the OASIS DITA Technical Committee, who are permitted to post to these pages. As this is an official workspace of the TC, the OASIS IPR Policy and other OASIS rules apply to its use. To learn more about the work of the TC, send a comment, or join this effort, visit the OASIS DITA TC homepage.
Wiki pages are transient documents, so intermediate edits may not be saved. TC members should move all permanent work and stable artifacts to the TC's document repository, where the archival work product of the TC also can be viewed by the public.
OASIS DITA TC Wiki
The DITA TC Wiki serves the OASIS DITA TC for collaborative design work and for management of comment responses and other tracking documents.
Note for minute-takers: Please use TXT as the format for DITA TC minutes. When you upload the TXT file to the Kavi repository, copy the contents of the minutes into the field for the e-mail that (by default) is automatically sent to TC members when a file is uploaded.
Agenda for 26 April 2016
DITA TC Wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FrontPage
11 AM ET Roll call
- Regrets: Dick Hamilton
Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00006.html (Nancy Harrison, for 12 April 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00007.html (Corrections by Carlos Evia, 12 April 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00013.html (PDF of Evia and Priestley article, 14 April 2016)
AMALGAMATED MINUTES (for ease of research):
Active subcommittee and liaison efforts:
- OASIS DITA Adoption Committee: 3 May 2016
- OASIS DITA Technical Communication Subcommittee
- OASIS Lightweight DITA Subcommittee: 7 June 2016
- Screen sharing (if needed)
- Password provided verbally during TC call
- 12 April 2016:
- Kris: Communicate with Syncrosoft about adding official 1.3 links to their rendering of the spec (COMPLETED)
- Kris: Send e-mail to Chet about closing Semiconductor SC (COMPLETED)
- Kris: Send PDF of Carlos Evia's article to DITA TC list (COMPLETED)
- Tom: Archive the CMS/DITA NA flyer in Kavi (COMPLETED)
- Tom and Kris: Update "Why three editions" to include info about linking to spec
- Kris: Convene initial call for the group working on the new committee note (UNDERWAY)
- Robert: Add item to DITA 1.2 errata list (COMPLETED)
- 12 April 2016:
- New members: None
Continuing item: Characters allowed in @keyscope
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201603/msg00040.html (Kimber, 29 March 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201603/msg00044.html (Tivy, 29 March 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201603/msg00045.html (Nitchie, 30 March 2016)
New item: Key scopes and topicsetref
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00008.html (Kimber, 13 April 2016)
- And many additional e-mails ...
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00015.html (Nitchie, 14 April 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00016.html (Anderson, 14 April 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00017.html (Kimber, 14 April 2016)
- "[Kimber] I'm convinced that the behavior of topicsetref with regard to keys is sufficiently established by the existing language for format="ditamap" references to topicrefs."
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00018.html (Day, 15 April 2016)
- Should DITA TC deprecate topicset and topicsetref for DITA 2.0?
- Consideration of imperative vs delayed processing
New item: Extra [and incorrect] entries in 1.3 catalog files
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00032.html (Anderson, 21 April 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00033.html (Anderson, 21 April 2016)
New item: Error in <table> topic of 1.3 spec
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00029.html (Eberlein, 21 April 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00030.html (Anderson, 21 April 2016)
New item: *Minor* Error in DITA 1.3 ditavelref Example Code
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00035.html (Schengli-Roberts, 26 April 2016)
Continuing item: DITA 1.3 errata
- Volunteer to be project manager? Brainstorm list of tasks a project manager would perform.
New item: How can we better share the workload of the DITA 1.3 errata?
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00034.html (Eberlein, 26 April 2016)
Continuing item: Work on committee notes
- Update to "Why Three Editions"
- "Upgrading to DITA 1.3"
Continuing item: Topics for discussion on dita.xml.org
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201603/msg00016.html (Eberlein, 23 March 2016)
Continuing item: How to move the DITA 1.3 spec up in Google rankings
- Message about links to DITA 1.3 spec:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201603/msg00038.html (Eberlein, 29 March 2016)
- Should we revise the "Why three editions" committee note to include this information? 12 April 2016: YES; Tom to coordinate
- Message about links to DITA 1.3 spec:
New item: OPML and DITA Maps
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00023.html (Day, 15 April 2016)
Continuing item: Tentative DITA TC agenda for 2016:
- Reflections on DITA 1.0-1.3
- Continued work on TAB comments:
- Normative and non-normative wording
- Hyperlinks for all element and attribute mentions
- Focus on conformance statement and new OASIS guidelines
- Lightweight DITA
- DITA 2.0 planning
- DITA 1.3 errata planning
- OASIS open repositories
- Committee notes
- Interoperability demo, perhaps at tcworld 2016
- Upgrade DITA-OT plug-ins to work with DITA-OT 2.2.2 or later
Continuing item: How should the spec handle statements about rendering expectations?
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201602/msg00006.html (Eberlein, 9 February 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201602/msg00008.html (Kimber, 9 February 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201602/msg00010.html (Day, 9 February 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201602/msg00022.html (Eberlein, 16 February 2016)
New e-mail: DocBook Conformance Statement and rendering expectations
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201602/msg00037.html (Hamilton, 16 February 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201602/msg00038.html (Anderson, 16 February 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201602/msg00039.html (Magliery, 16 February 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201602/msg00040.html (Anderson, 16 February 2016)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201602/msg00041.html (Kimber, 16 February 2016)
- On hold waiting for prototypes
Continuing item: TAB comments about normative and non-normative wording
See summary in https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201508/msg00074.html ; search for "Normative and non-normative wording"
- Seven TAB comments:
- Keyword Guidelines for OASIS Specifications and Standards
- TAB-approved document, 2014-02-21
Continuing item: Need for work on conformance statement for future versions of the spec
- Overview (Robert Anderson)
- TAB comments:
See summary in https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201508/msg00074.html ; search for Conformance
- [OASIS] Guidelines to Writing Conformance Clauses:
- Reviewed and revised on 25 April 2014; not yet approved
Continuing item: Time for a reflection on DITA 1.0-DITA 1.3
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201601/msg00036.html (Eberlein, 12 January 2016)
Continuing item: Discussion re TAB comments on CSPRD 01
- Eberlein: This is left on the agenda for my ease as I build the weekly agendas; will remove it after we have handled all the items.
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201508/msg00074.html (Eberlein, 8 August 2015)
Hyperlinks for all element and attribute mentions: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TAB-1276
On-going items: DITA 1.3
- Lessons learned:
- What worked well?
- What didn't work?
- How can we improve the process in the future?
- Lessons learned:
12 noon ET Close
OASIS Web and Wiki pages
DITA TC Wiki (this page)
DITA Adoption TC
The DITA Adoption TC and the DITA TC are separate OASIS technical committees. They focus on different aspects of DITA, although their work is complementary and is coordinated at a high level through overlapping membership. The DITA Adoption TC is focused on educational and outreach activities to increase the awareness and usefulness of DITA. The DITA TC is focused on developing the DITA specification as an OASIS Standard.
DITA TC subcommittees
DITA Learning & Training
DITA Semiconductor Information Design (inactive)
DITA Technical Communication
DITA Translation (inactive)