NOTE: This wiki is provided by the OASIS standards consortium as a collaborative tool for members of the OASIS DITA Technical Committee, who are permitted to post to these pages. As this is an official workspace of the TC, the OASIS IPR Policy and other OASIS rules apply to its use. To learn more about the work of the TC, send a comment, or join this effort, visit the OASIS DITA TC homepage.
Wiki pages are transient documents, so intermediate edits may not be saved. TC members should move all permanent work and stable artifacts to the TC's document repository, where the archival work product of the TC also can be viewed by the public.
OASIS DITA TC Wiki
The DITA TC Wiki serves the OASIS DITA TC for collaborative design work and for management of comment responses and other tracking documents.
See Agenda backlog for a back log of items for discussion at DITA TC meetings. The DITA TC leadership uses items from this list, as well as posts from the TC mailing list and the dita-comment list to construct the weekly agenda. The agenda is usually completed in the hour prior to the TC meeting.
Agenda for 25 October 2016
Screen sharing (if needed)
- Password provided verbally during the call
11 AM ET open
- Regrets: Dawn Stevens, Dick Hamilton, Tom Magliery, Keith Schengli-Roberts, Don Day, Nancy Harrison, Stan Doherty
Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201610/msg00085.html (Nancy Harrison, 20 October 2016)
- New DITA TC members?
- 2 August 2016:
- Kris: Schedule meeting for small group working on "Upgrading" committee note (IN PROGRESS)
- 23 August 2016:
- Joe / Kris: Get TC instance of DITAweb updated with 1.3 DTDs; restore sync with SVN (IN PROGRESS)
- 30 August 2016:
- Kris: Begin organizing subject scheme education for TC (IN PROGRESS)
- 6 September 2016
- Kris: Revise subject scheme example topic pulled from errata 01
- 4 October 2016:
- Tom: Work on aggregated minutes for 2005-2011 (IN PROGRESS)
- 18 October 2016:
- Robert: Update grammar files to correct public identifiers in comments (COMPLETED)
- Eliot: Add public identifiers for machinery task body constraint and map classification domain to catalog files (DONE by Robert)
- Eliot: Restore DITA 1.x identifiers to catalog files (Moved to errata 02)
- 2 August 2016:
Continuing item: DITA 1.3 Errata 01
Link to new package: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=59210&wg_abbrev=dita
- Vote to approve errata 01:
I move that the TC approve DITA 1.3 Errata 01 contained in https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=59210&wg_abbrev=dita as an Approved Errata and make it available with the updated version of the DITA 1.3 OASIS Standard.
- Comments on TC list
- Comments on dita-comment list
- Work items:
- Minute taker: Upload minutes quickly
- Kris: Request the approved errata be published
Continued item: Subcommittee governance
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201610/msg00052.html (Thomas, 11 October 2016)
Continuing item: Git/GitHub repos for TC work
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201610/msg00038.html (Eberlein, 10 October 2016)
Continuing item: Listening sessions
- Portland, Oregon
- Research Triangle Park, NC
Continuing item: Work on committee notes
- Update to "Why Three Editions" (on hold to align with release of errata 01)
- "Upgrading to a new version of DITA"
- "DITA the standard versus DITA Open Toolkit"
- Investigate changes that we need to make to SVN for errata 02 and DITA 2.0
Compile materials about subcommittee history, see SubCommitteeHistory
- Write a FAQ for folks new to the DITA TC
12 noon ET close
These sections contain links to key DITA TC Wiki pages, subcommittees, OASIS announcements, and the versions of the DITA specification.
DITA TC administration
DITA TC subcommittees
DITA Learning & Training
DITA Technical Communication
DITA 1.3 errata 01
DITA Adoption TC
The DITA Adoption TC and the DITA TC are separate OASIS technical committees. They focus on different aspects of DITA, although their work is complementary and is coordinated at a high level through overlapping membership. The DITA Adoption TC is focused on educational and outreach activities to increase the awareness and usefulness of DITA. The DITA TC is focused on developing the DITA standard.