NOTE: This wiki is provided by the OASIS standards consortium as a collaborative tool for the OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee. Members of the Subcommittee are permitted to post to these pages http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-busdocs/ SC Members Page]). As this is an official workspace of the TC, the OASIS IPR Policy and other OASIS rules apply to its use.
To learn more about the work of the Subcommittee, send a comment, or join this effort, visit the OASIS Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee homepage. Prospective members of the subcommittee must first join the OASIS DITA Technical Committee (TC Members Page).
Wiki pages are transient documents, so intermediate edits may not be saved. SC members should move all permanent work and stable artifacts to the SC's document repository, where the archival work product of the SC also can be viewed by the public.
Wiki home page for the OASIS Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee
Welcome! The URL for this page is: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/BusDocs
The formal name of the subcommittee is "The OASIS DITA Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee".
Required Disclaimer for all exploratory documents produced by DITA Subcommittees including the content of this wiki: "This document reflects exploratory work. It is not a reliable guide on the future direction of DITA. It should not be taken as guidance for using DITA or for developing DITA tools."
"This document reflects exploratory work. It is not a reliable guide on the future direction of DITA. It should not be taken as guidance for using DITA or for developing DITA tools."
The OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee is currently on hiatus and plans to resume meeting every two weeks in October, 2012. For information please contact: Michael Boses, email@example.com.
The OASIS DITA Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee has the following goals:
- To develop and recommend a enterprise business document meta-model with sufficient detail to:
- define the scope of documents addressed by this subcommittee, and
- allow these documents to be discussed in a non-ambiguous way.
- To develop and recommend an approach to harmonizing the enterprise business document meta-model with the DITA standard.
- To develop and recommend a standard approach for fully expanding DITA Map references into an editable process instance that may be validated against an approved DITA DTD or schema.
- Long term, to develop and recommend guidance for organizations that intend to adopt DITA for enterprise business documents.
Co-chairs: Ann Rockley, The Rockley Group; Michael Boses, Quark, Inc.
Deliverables: Proposed initial work products for the subcommittee include the following:
- Recommended approach for fully expanding DITA Map references into a valid editable process instance.
- Recommended baseline enterprise business document meta-model.
- Recommended harmonization of enterprise business document meta-model with DITA Standard.
- Long term, recommended guidance for implementing DITA for enterprise business documents.
For background concerning the goals of the DITA Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee, see Background about the DITA Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee.
For various web and member resources that discuss topics that are relevant to the structure of enterprise business documents and DITA, see Resources on Document Structure and Related Topics.
Developing standardized definitions of business document structures will require a library of examples. To contribute examples or to access examples that have been provided to date, see Enterprise Business Document Analysis.