NOTE: This wiki is provided by the OASIS standards consortium as a collaborative tool for members of the OASIS DITA Technical Committee, who are permitted to post to these pages. As this is an official workspace of the TC, the OASIS IPR Policy and other OASIS rules apply to its use. To learn more about the work of the TC, send a comment, or join this effort, visit the OASIS DITA TC homepage.
Wiki pages are transient documents, so intermediate edits may not be saved. TC members should move all permanent work and stable artifacts to the TC's document repository, where the archival work product of the TC also can be viewed by the public.
OASIS DITA TC Wiki
The DITA TC Wiki serves the OASIS DITA TC for collaborative design work and for management of comment responses and other tracking documents.
Note for minute-takers: Please use TXT as the format for DITA TC minutes. When you upload the TXT file to the Kavi repository, copy the contents of the minutes into the field for the e-mail that (by default) is automatically sent to TC members when a file is uploaded.
Agenda for 11 March 2014 (in progress)
DITA TC Wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FrontPage
8:00-8:05 PT Roll call
Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
- X (4 March, Nancy Harrison)
AMALGAMATED MINUTES (for ease of research):
Active subcommittee and liaison efforts:
- OASIS DITA Adoption TC
- OASIS DITA Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee
- OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee (11 March 2014?)
- OASIS DITA Technical Communication Subcommittee
- Report at the first TC meeting of a month, except January
- We'll be using a WebEX for items 2 and 3 on our agenda today:
- Meeting number: 196 357 248
- Meeting password: Provided during TC call
- First spec review: 2 - 16 March 2014
DITA 1.3 progress
- RelaxNG-to-DTD and RelaxNG-to-XSD transformations (Kimber)
- DITA 1.3 grammar files (Kimber)
- First spec review
- New item: OASIS DITA 1.3 Webinar
Should this be sponsored by Adoption TC or DITA TC? Joint venture of DITA TC & Adoption TC?
- What would be the desired audience and outcomes?
- Where would this fit in our timeline?
- New item: RFC terminology
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201403/msg00022.html (Eberlein, 4 March 2014)
- New item: Normative statements and file-naming conventions
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201402/msg00133.html (Eberlein, 17 February 2014)
- New item: Errors in learning and training DTD / spec modules
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201402/msg00228.html (Anderson, 26 February 2014)
- Continuing item: Proposed enhancement to the equation domain
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201402/msg00042.html (Kimber, 5 February 2014)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201402/msg00047.html (Kimber, 5 February 2014)
- [Eberlein, 4 March 2014] Waiting on proposal updates from Eliot Kimber
- New item: Triage Trello board for "Spec clarifications and improvements"
- DITA 1.3 proposal process: Lessons learned
- What worked well?
- What didn't work?
- How can we improve the process in the future?
8:50-8:55 PT Close
All features added to DITA 1.2, with a pointer to the original approved proposal, and a pointer to the meeting where each proposal was approved
Have we mined these pages for any outstanding work? If so, move them to the DITA 1.2 summary page -- Eberlein, 18 December 2010
DITA_1.2_Implementation_Notes--items not directly related to Spec
DITAProcessingSemantics (work in progress carried over from DITA 1.2)
DITA_2.0_Proposals (unofficial, unapproved)
SourceControlPolicy for Subversion (SVN) repository
SyntaxDiagram composition notes
OASIS Web and Wiki pages
DITA TC Wiki (this page)
DITA TC page at dita.xml.org Eberlein, 18 December 2010: This page is out-of-date.
DITA Adoption TC
The DITA Adoption TC and the DITA TC are separate OASIS TCs. They both focus on different aspects of DITA. Their work is complementary and is coordinated at a high level through overlapping membership.
The DITA Adoption TC is focused on educational and outreach activities to increase the awareness and usefulness of DITA. The Adoption TC includes an Editorial Board that maintains the DITA XML.org Focus Area.
The DITA TC is focused on developing the DITA specification as an OASIS Standard.
Kris Eberlein is the official liaison to the DITA Adoption TC.
DITA TC subcommittees
DITA Learning Content
DITA Machine Industry
DITA Semiconductor Information Design
DITA for Enterprise Business Documents
DITA for Technical Standards
DITA in Composite Environments
DITA for the Web
DITA Technical Communication
How to use this site
Members of the OASIS DITA TC can interactively contribute and share ideas:
Edit any page by pressing Edit at the top or the bottom of the page
Create a link to another page with joined capitalized words (like WikiSandBox) or with ["quoted words in brackets"]
Members and non-members may search for page titles or text within pages using the search box at the top of any page.
Examples of other (mostly) active OASIS Wikis:
This wiki is powered by MoinMoin.