Agenda for 2 April, 2009 (March) Monthly meeting of the DITA learning and training content specialization SC
See the main SC wiki page - http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/LearningSubcommittee
Status updates (15 min)
Report on the eLearning Guild Annual Gathering 2009 - John Hunt and Reuben Tozman
Report on contact with Japan DITA Consortium - John Hunt
- SC member Allyn Radford initiated contact about DITA, and there is specific interest in the learning and training specification. John to report on status of follow-up contacts, and plans to coordinate with the DITA Adoption TC.
Developing L&T sample content - Troy Klukewich
Sowmya Kannan and Briana Wherry from DITA Adoption would like to be involved with creating a real world L&T sample.
The DITA Help Guide and how it pertains to our interest in having a similar, practical L&T guide - Troy Klukewich
- Related to this:
- Who will drive getting the FAQ to completion? (See links below to the draft FAQ)
- How does this relate to the Best Practices Guide activity Reuben started?
Demo and discussion (30 mins.) - Reuben Tozman
- Demo of using a DITA-produced SCORM in an LMS
- Discussion about what it would take for DITA adoption by an LMS
Sametime Unyte Web Conference
- Conference ID: 2689401
- Provide a name.
- Click Login.
Status of DITA 1.2
- Latest update on DITA TC activity re: DITA 1.2 approval process
- Has updated links to the latest Overview, Assumptions, Sample content.
What about FAQ status?
Best Practices Guides
- Who can lead development of one or more best practices guides?
DITA/SCORM best practices draft - Reuben Tozman
- What other best practices guides would be useful?
- Getting started tutorial
- Getting started with the DITA learning topic types
- Getting started with DITA learning maps
- Best practices for using the DITA learning topic types
- Best practices for using DITA learning maps
- (Reuben) Why DITA? Benefits of separating form from presentation is paramount. Need to be sold on this first.
- It would really help to see good examples of the end product.