Agenda for 25 May, 2010 meeting of the DITA for the Web Subcommittee
See the main SC wiki page - http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/WebSubcommittee
Telecon Info: Audio: 866-457-2759, UK toll-free 0 808 101 3873 Australia toll-free 1 800 457 908 participant code 304588.
Join the e-Meeting.
- Click Join a meeting.
- Conference id: 2689401
Present on call:
- John Hunt
- Mark Lewis
- Lisa Dyer
- Steve Manning
- Chris Goolsby
- Mark Poston
- Tristan Bishop (guest speaker)
- Welcome and introductions
- Presentation: Tristan Bishop (Symantec) on Knowledge Integration
* Tristan's slide deck is viewable at slides
* Recording of Meeting is viewable at video recording
Update on action items from last call:
- John Hunt to dive into hNews and give us an update. John has an update on hNews:
- Lisa to look at the extent to which Google is incorporating microformats. If not, are there plans to do so?
- Steve will give up an update on how Wikipedia is using microformats. (Related to the Google question, is Wikipedia's microformats approach influencing Google search, or adoption in general?)
- Steve presented his update to the group, and an interesting idea to support community and round-tripping. Is the slide deck attached?
Other interesting links:
- Steve Manning will dig into RDF (how it is being along the lines of microformats)
- Mark proposes: Everyone should write up use cases for how they'd use microformats with a DITA implementation. Lisa suggests creating a wiki page here to capture use cases.
- Carried from last session: Scott to look at delta between HTML5 and HTML4 and then lead discussion on, "do we draw a line in the sand and support HTML 5 (and not HTML 4) going forward?"