NOTE: This wiki is provided by the OASIS standards consortium as a collaborative tool for the OASIS DocBook eLearning Subcommittee. Members of the Subcommittee are permitted to post to these pages (SC Members Page). As this is an official workspace of the TC, the OASIS IPR Policy and other OASIS rules apply to its use.
To learn more about the work of the Subcommittee, send a comment, or join this effort, visit the OASIS DocBook eLearning Subcommittee homepage. Prospective members of the subcommittee must first join the OASIS DocBook Technical Committee (TC Members Page).
Wiki pages are transient documents, so intermediate edits may not be saved. SC members should move all permanent work and stable artifacts to the SC's document repository, where the archival work product of the SC also can be viewed by the public.
Wiki home page for the OASIS DocBook eLearning Subcommittee
Welcome! The URL for this page is: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/docbook/eLearningSC
The formal name of the subcommittee is "The OASIS DocBook eLearning Subcommittee".
The OASIS DocBook eLearning Sub-committee formed in October 2009, with the following purpose:
The OASIS DocBook SubCommittee for eLearning is chartered to develop and maintain official variants of DocBook in support of the eLearning industry. Specifically, the subcommittee will focus on schema and stylesheet customizations to support:
Develop and design a DocBook-based method for creating reusable learning objects, and the learning content types needed to support them. Some specifics of the design for learning content include:
- learning types, including assessments and exercises
- a content assembly for structuring, sequencing and managing the learning types as reusable learning objects
- linking and relationships between learning objects
Establish guidelines that promote best practices for applying DocBook markup to learning content
Review modular DocBook proposals and provide feedback to TC
Mark up Writing Matters sample course (from http://www.curriki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Coll_tmicontent/WritingMatters?bc=) using DocBook v5.1 and identify gaps
- Identify additional specific domains within the eLearning industry that may need specific modules.
- develop RFEs from identified needs
develop DocBook v5.0 schema enhancements from RFEs
submit schema enhancements for approval to DocBook TC
If you are interested in participating, please join OASIS and send your contact info and meeting time preferences to: email@example.com
Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members (and prospective members) of the subcommittee.
The DocBook SC for eLearning uses irc://freenode/dblearn for additional conference features, such as exchanging URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects of the teleconference, so please join us there if at all possible.
Topic: OASIS DocBook eLearning SC
- Date: Every 2 weeks on Friday, from Friday, June 29, 2012 to no end date Time: 8:00 am, Mountain Daylight Time (Denver, GMT-06:00) Meeting Number: 744 773 653 Meeting Password: DBLearn123
- To start or join the online meeting
- Teleconference information
- Provide your phone number when you join the meeting to receive a call back. Alternatively, you can call: Call-in toll-free number (Verizon): 1-8669177712 (US) Call-in number (Verizon): 1-2107952663 (US)
Show global numbers: https://wbbc.verizonbusiness.com/wbbcClick2Join/servlet/WBBCClick2Join?TollNumCC=1&TollNum=2107952663&TollFreeNumCC=1&TollFreeNum=8669177712&ParticipantCode=75215950&customHeader=mymeetings&dialInNumbers=true Attendee access code: 752 159 50
- For assistance
- On the left navigation bar, click "Support". To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link:
To check whether you have the appropriate players installed for UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files, go to https://schneider-electric.webex.com/schneider-electric/systemdiagnosis.php
http://e-meetings.mci.com We've got to start meeting like this(TM)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. You should inform all meeting attendees prior to recording if you intend to record the meeting. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.
Mark up "Writing Matters" course from http://www.curriki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Coll_tmicontent/WritingMatters?bc= and identify gaps where additional DocBook markup is needed.
Supporting Documents on OASIS.org
The OASIS DocBook eLearning SC public page for supporting documents, including links to sample content, the draft specifications, and the latest RNCs.