Visible signature profile Hot Stuff
- Waiting for more remarks. Currently both sign and verify operation are dealt. - Should the visible signature profile add visual indications for the status of the signature verification? (i.e. V, X, ?). This may contradict existing product such as Adobe Reader.
- Combination with other profile, such as "Advanced Signature" Profile. It is very possible that the client would
- like a visible signature combined with an advanced signature. How technically it can be achieved? what is the order "profile activation"?
- The relationship with the "Signed Verification Report" profile was discussed. The verification report may return
- information that was incorporated using the visual signature profile.
- Should we add the signature reason to the code. This issue came up in the signed verification report profile as
- Should we add a document field identification to the code as well?
Related Work, Potential Liasions
Detlef: JC/MS: The two projects are complementary.
Detlef: MS: ETSI is focussing on formats, DSS-X not.
Marc Straat: This STF activity will be articulated into the following phases: Phase 1 Specify an ETSI profile for a basic variant of advanced electronic signatures in PDF using the existing features of PDF signatures. Detail requirements for full features to be specified in the next phase.
Detlef: MS/JC: ETSI-Terms of reference will be distributed within DSS-X.
Marc Straat: Phase 2 Specify profiles for advanced electronic signatures in PDF incorporating the features of CAdES and XAdES Identify any changes necessary to TS 101 733 and / or TS 101 903 and produce change request documents for detailing the specific changes recommended. Specify enhancements required to ISO 32000 to incorporate these features in ISO 32000-2. Detail requirements of PDF signature support for the next phase.
Phase 3 Specify enhancement to ISO 32000 for PDF conforming reader support of advanced electronic signatures including visible signatures and interfaces to signature support functions. Continue liaison on ISO 32000 support for advanced electronic signatures.
Examples of Various Solutions
* Official Signature in Austria