Use Case Categories
DRAFT CONDITION (last updated 2010/10/11 by Matt Rutkowski)
Developed the above some more for inclusion in Use Case document:
Infrastructure Trust Establishment
- This category includes use cases that feature establishment of trust between cloud providers their partners and customers and includes consideration of topics as Certificate Services (e.g. x.509), Signature Validation, Transaction Validation, Non-repudiation, etc.
General Identity Management (IM)
- This category includes use cases that feature general identity management in cloud deployments.
Infrastructure Identity Management (IIM)
- This category includes use cases that feature Virtualization, Separation of Identities across different IT infrastructural layers (e.g. Server Platform, Operating System (OS), Middleware, Virtual Machine (VM), Application, etc).
Federated Identity Management (FIM)
- This subcategory includes use cases that feature Identity Management across cloud deployments and enterprise.
- This category includes use cases that describe user and service authentication methods applicable to cloud deployments.
Single Sign-On (SSO)
- This category includes use cases that feature Single Sign-On (SSO) patterns across cloud deployment models.
- This category features use cases that feature granting of Access Rights to cloud resources to users or services following establishment of identity. Use cases in this section may include authorization concepts such as Security Policy Enforcement, Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and representations and conveyance of authorization such as Assertions to cloud services.
Account and Attribute Management
- This category includes use cases that feature account establishment including Security Policy Attributes along with their Management or Administration. Use cases may include descriptions of established provisioning techniques, as well as developing examples of Just-In-Time (JIT) Account Provisioning.
- This subcategory of Account and Attribute Management highlights use cases that feature provisioning of identity and accounts within cloud deployments.
- This category includes use cases that feature Security Token Formats and Token Services including Token Transformation and Token Proofing.
Audit & Compliance
- This category includes use cases that feature Identity continuity within cloud infrastructure and across cloud deployment models for the purpose of non-repudiation of identity associated with an action permitted against security policy.