- Plugfest organizers (Bart, Michiel, etc.)
- ODF TC chairs on status of ODF 1.2
- Adopters of ODF
- New or updated ODF implementations
Style of Podcast
- Consistent style == identity of podcast
- Royalty free theme music, voice intro clearly identifies name and source of podcast
- Give date and introductions
- Short, 5-10 minutes interview.
- Cover what they are doing with ODF, but also discuss the significance of that work. Why ODF?
- Release at a regular interval, such as monthly
- Since interview subjects are in general globally dispersed, need either toll-free phone lines or Skype access
- There are some technical tricks to recording both sides of a conversation and splitting it into two clean channels without bleed through
- Since editing is time consuming, we should try to do the interviews in "one take". But this will not always be possible. For professional results, we need to edit out coughs, barking dogs, crying babies, phone disconnects, etc.
- After editing we'll need to ensure the edited audio is normalized for volume and compressed to an MP3 file for easy download. Could provide in other formats as well.
- We'll host an RSS and/or Atom feed (and XML file) on opendocument.xml.org which will need to be manually updated each time a new podcast is added. OASIS would give one of us rights to update that file.