Meetings/Telecon2016.10.20

Event details

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-ccm/event.php?event_id=41646

Agenda

  1. Roll Call
  2. Scribe nomination
  3. Review minutes of previous meeting at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-ccm/Meetings/Telecon2016.09.22

  4. Discuss and vote on updated Configuration Management issue 30
  5. Continue review, discussion, and voting on Change Management open issues 27, 28, 29, and 32. This includes discussion of the one open action item: Nick & Jim to review IBM change management link types in commonly installed process packages, and add terms and desirable support levels to issue 28.

  6. Any other business

Minutes

Chat transcript from room: oslc-ccm 2016-10-20 GMT-08:00

[07:04] Brian Steele (Persistent): Brian will be scribe

[07:05] List of attendees: Brian Steele (Persistent), David Honey (Persistent/IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM), anonymous

[07:05] Nick Crossley (IBM): Review minutes of previous meeting at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-ccm/Meetings/Telecon2016.09.22

[07:05] Brian Steele (Persistent): Minutes are approved

[07:06] Brian Steele (Persistent): First topic: configuration management issue 30

[07:06] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-30

[07:06] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-30

[07:07] Brian Steele (Persistent): Changes were made based on discussion on the previous meeting

[07:10] Brian Steele (Persistent): Nick made further updates to cover the case of a malicious client attempting to delete activity resources it didn't create/own

[07:14] Brian Steele (Persistent): Some discussion of whether we need to provide guidance for what to do if the client attempts to delete an activity that isn't completed. Consensus is to leave that open for the implementer to decide.

[07:19] Brian Steele (Persistent): Nick proposes to vote on issue 30 as currently worded

[07:20] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): +1

[07:20] Brian Steele (Persistent): Proposal is seconded

[07:20] Brian Steele (Persistent): +1

[07:20] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[07:20] Jim Amsden (IBM): +1

[07:20] Nick Crossley (IBM): +1

[07:20] Brian Steele (Persistent): Vote has carried

[07:21] Brian Steele (Persistent): David submitted issue 33, would like a brief discussion

[07:29] Brian Steele (Persistent): There are potential issues with distributed systems that require further consideration.

[07:30] Brian Steele (Persistent): There may also be issues with visibility (due to security or server availability)

[07:30] Brian Steele (Persistent): We need to think about issue 33 and discuss it in a future meeting

[07:32] Brian Steele (Persistent): It is possible to use OSLC query to solve this issue without any changes to the spec

[07:33] Brian Steele (Persistent): Next on the agenda are four change management issues

[07:34] Brian Steele (Persistent): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-27

[07:35] Brian Steele (Persistent): Request to update this issue to say exactly what the spec should say. Once that is done the spec will be updated and the issue closed

[07:36] Brian Steele (Persistent): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-28

[07:37] Brian Steele (Persistent): Jim and Nick need to update this issue with information about relationships used by IBM

[07:37] Brian Steele (Persistent): We should be able to continue discussion of this issue by the next meeting

[07:40] Brian Steele (Persistent): One suggestion is to have a high level related-to type of relationship and subclass it for all the specific relationships that are necessary.

[07:42] Brian Steele (Persistent): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-29

[07:59] Brian Steele (Persistent): Continue thinking about issue 29 to come up with concrete proposals

[08:00] Nick Crossley (IBM): Meeting adjourned

Meetings/Telecon2016.10.20 (last edited 2016-11-02 14:59:30 by ndjc)