Meetings/Telecon2016.12.01

Event details

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-ccm/event.php?event_id=41649

Agenda

  1. Roll Call
  2. Scribe nomination
  3. Review minutes of previous meeting at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-ccm/Meetings/Telecon2016.11.03

  4. Discuss Configuration Management issue 34 and new Fault resource described at https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-ccm/branches/ext_error/specs/config-mgt/config-resources.html#longoperations

  5. Continue review, discussion, and voting on Change Management open issues 27, 28, 29, and 32. There has been no progress on the one open action item: Nick & Jim to review IBM change management link types in commonly installed process packages, and add terms and desirable support levels to issue 28.

  6. Any other business

Minutes

Chat transcript from room: oslc-ccm 2016-12-01 GMT-08:00

[07:06] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): David volunteered as scribe.

[07:07] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): List of attendees: David Honey (Persistent/IBM), Jim Amsden (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM)

[07:07] Nick Crossley (IBM): Review minutes of last meeting at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-ccm/Meetings/Telecon2016.11.03

[07:07] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Minutes approved.

[07:08] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-34

[07:10] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-ccm/branches/ext_error/specs/config-mgt/config-resources.html#longoperations

[07:10] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): How to return composite error details, especially for long running operations.

[07:11] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Two aspects need discussion:

[07:12] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): 1) About the data in an oslc_config:Fault

[07:12] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): 2) Relationship between oslc:Error and oslc_config:Fault

[07:19] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): In the branch spec, oslc_config:Activity's use of dcterms:reference should only refer to results, not errors.

[07:31] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): dcterms:created - when the error was detected. Useful for clients and for serviceability.

[07:33] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): dcterms:identifier - server can provide message ID to indicate class of error/warning. Needs clarification in spec.

[07:34] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): oslc:extendedError - intended for human consumption, such as rich hover.

[07:35] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Can we merge these extra properties into oslc:Error?

[07:39] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): dcterms:reference - should be zero-or-many.

[07:40] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Would adding these properties be a non-substantive change as far as OASIS is concerned?

[07:41] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim: We would need regenerate docs from shapes, but may need to do that anyway.

[07:43] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Would also need oslc:error predicate.

[07:43] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): But this is less important than updating shape for oslc:Error.

[07:46] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Nick to raise an issue on core.

[07:47] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Nick will update the branch to reflect comments on dcterms:identifier and dcterms:references, then reference that in core issue.

[07:50] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): dcterms:relation does not imply any directionality - for example, a peer to peer reference. dcterms:references has implied directionality, so better for this usage.

[07:54] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Change management - not had responses from dev teams on properties. Nick to follow up with dev teams.

[07:55] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Nick: Will follow up on RFC for header for oslc config context.

[07:57] Nick Crossley (IBM): No other business

[07:57] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Meeting adjourned.

Meetings/Telecon2016.12.01 (last edited 2016-12-15 14:10:25 by ndjc)