Meetings/Telecon2017.01.12

Event details

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-ccm/event.php?event_id=43898

Agenda

  1. Roll Call
  2. Scribe nomination
  3. Review minutes of previous meeting at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-ccm/Meetings/Telecon2016.12.01

  4. Discuss plans for the year, meeting schedules, and other administrative topics
  5. Any other business

Minutes

Present: David Honey (Persistent/IBM), Jim Amsden (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM)

Edited chat transcript from room: oslc-ccm 2017-01-12 GMT-08:00

[07:08] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin will scribe

[07:08] Nick Crossley (IBM): Minutes of previous meeting at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-ccm/Meetings/Telecon2016.12.01

[07:09] Martin Sarabura (PTC): No comments, minutes accepted

[07:09] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Schedule for this year?

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Assuming we can get to committee specification, we can probably wrap up this tc

[07:11] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Domains TC focussed on domains whereas ccm and core are focussed on core issues

[07:11] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Recommend we move CM into domain and CCM into core

[07:12] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Skills are different

[07:13] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Domains tc activity level should be high

[07:13] Martin Sarabura (PTC): plm domain may be different group of people - or charter different tc

[07:14] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Minimize administrative overhead by bringing related discussions together

[07:14] Martin Sarabura (PTC): subject of ccm is much more complex than cm

[07:15] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Prostep committee talking about restarting alm/plm domain discussions

[07:15] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim and Nick to talk to Gray Bachelor re coordinating our dev activities

[07:17] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin: Important that we get Prostep folks involved in the domains tc

[07:18] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Next meeting in Darmstadt Jan 24

[07:19] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: ccm needs editorial work

[07:19] Martin Sarabura (PTC): tc needs to review once Nick is done

[07:20] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Can fetch versioned resource in context of configuration - spec is ambiguous whether components are versioned

[07:20] Martin Sarabura (PTC): configuration is like a version of a component but spec doesn't require you treat it that way

[07:21] Martin Sarabura (PTC): suggestion that we standardize the approach: view component in context of configuration

[07:21] Martin Sarabura (PTC): nowhere else in oslc do we discuss web uis other than preview/delegation

[07:23] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin: where does ui get involved?

[07:24] Martin Sarabura (PTC): content type = html is a view of the resources in that component in that configuration.

[07:24] Martin Sarabura (PTC): In rdf picture is clearer - you get component and its properties. Behavior already well defined.

[07:25] Martin Sarabura (PTC): David: Why is html media type any different?

[07:25] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Logically yes, which is why we shouldn't discuss this as any different from html

[07:26] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: IBM Tools do mostly implement this correctly - tools show the contents of the component

[07:27] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Broadening to cover html is probably an incorrect departure

[07:27] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Therefore just editorial work holding up progress towards public review on CM

[07:28] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Should be done end of January

[07:28] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Likely end of February before we request public review

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): (sorry CCM not CM in previous note)

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Need to review issues around CM

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: One issue is getting list of link types

[07:30] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick will allocate time to investigate by end of Jan

[07:30] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Issues 27, 28, 29

[07:31] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim probably not addressed, certainly not reviewed

[07:32] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Was going to do review of link types used by IBM tools to see whether other link types should be added

[07:32] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Needs to get done

[07:32] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Action item for next meeting

[07:33] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Still some time before we're ready to get CM into public review state

[07:34] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Did add change notice type, parent and authorizer, issue 27 looks good to go

[07:35] Jim Amsden (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-27

[07:35] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin to review and mark as resolved if done

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Still some things to do related to issue 32

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): 28 and 29 not yet resolved.

[07:37] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim to review these and send out email summarizing current status

[07:37] Martin Sarabura (PTC): This TC should continue to drive to committee spec before we fold any work into domains tc

[07:38] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Likely schedule for CM?

[07:39] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: One of the IBM dev teams was talking about similar to what 29 is requesting

[07:40] Martin Sarabura (PTC): retroactive creation of a baseline: Immediately before change set and immediately after

[07:41] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Not a cheap operation and for some tools it may be impossible

[07:42] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin: Where it is useful and possible, we should at least recommend a convention

[07:43] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Hopefully public review sometime middle of first quarter for both CM and CCM, hopefully committee spec some time in first half

[07:45] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Inherent delays in e-voting process, getting documents together

[07:46] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Rainer presenting OSLC overview to Prostep next meeting

[07:48] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Some discussions of product spec in open-services.net - agree to remove config mgmt out of it and focus on what the product definition is

[07:49] Martin Sarabura (PTC): That work has stalled in open-services.net - decided to move work into domains tc, and was mentioned as possible scope of future discussions

[07:49] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Gray has agree that he will look into ProStep and participate during OSLC overview meeting

[07:50] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Crystal project also involved - Jean-Luc Johnson regular participant

[07:51] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Recognition that we want to avoid overlap with config mgmt spec

[07:51] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Meeting adjourned

Meetings/Telecon2017.01.12 (last edited 2017-01-12 22:19:14 by ndjc)