Meetings/Telecon2017.03.09

Event details

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-ccm/event.php?event_id=43902

Agenda

  1. Roll Call
  2. Scribe nomination
  3. Review minutes of previous meeting at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-ccm/Meetings/Telecon2017.02.23

  4. Change Management topics
  5. Configuration Management topics
    1. Review changes made for issue 35
    2. Discuss issue 36
  6. Any other business

Minutes

Attendees: Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics)2, David Honey (Persistent/IBM), Jim Amsden (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM)

Chat transcript from room: oslc-ccm 2017-03-09 GMT-08:00

[07:09] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: David volunteered as scribe

[07:09] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: List of attendees: Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics)2, David Honey (Persistent/IBM), Jim Amsden (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM)

[07:10] Nick Crossley (IBM): Review minutes of previous meeting @ https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-ccm/Meetings/Telecon2017.02.23

[07:10] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Minutes approved

[07:10] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Change management issues

[07:11] Jim Amsden (IBM): OSLCCCM-27 New type ChangeAuthorization needed for CM spec

[07:11] Jim Amsden (IBM): OSLCCCM-28 Need a decomposition reference

[07:11] Jim Amsden (IBM): OSLCCCM-29 References to before and after states of affected resources

[07:11] Jim Amsden (IBM): - [ ] OSLCCCM-32 Ability to associate a set of change requests to a parent change request

[07:11] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-27

[07:11] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-28

[07:11] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-29

[07:11] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-32

[07:12] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Issue 27: Martin, reviewed Jim's changes. So can be marked as resolved.

[07:12] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Issue 28: action item for Martin.

[07:15] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Related to action item to review IBM's usage of out-of-the-box link types.

[07:16] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Nick: Has data from dev teams, but information split across multiple responses and needs about 1 day of work to consolidate.

[07:18] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Potentially https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-32 and https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-28 are duplicates. Issue 32 does discuss issue of ordering.

[07:19] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Recommendation is to avoid use of rdf:List, but use properties in referenced spec, and sort on those properties.

[07:19] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: referenced resource (not spec)

[07:20] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Needs some non normative text to explain how a client can order data for presentation.

[07:23] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Martin will mark issue 28 and 32 as completed.

[07:24] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Issue 29: Dependent on changes made to config management - will review later in meeting.

[07:25] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Martin to include comments in resolution of 28 &32.

[07:25] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Martin: Normative part of spec is now ok for issue 28/32.

[07:26] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Also issue 27.

[07:26] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Martin will raise separate issue for any non-normative changes.

[07:31] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: RTC work item states are readonly and cannot be used to make a state/lifecycle trasition.

[07:32] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Jim and Nick to work on getting RTC work items more in sync with spec.

[07:33] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Action item: Nick and Jim to follow up on actions and RTC work item state transitions.

[07:34] Jim Amsden (IBM): http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Actions-2.0/

[07:34] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Spec is in finalization, so not quite finished.

[07:39] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Action item: Nick to send call to TC to do from-scratch review.

[07:39] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Moving to config management issues.

[07:40] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-35

[07:40] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-36

[07:40] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Issue 35: Resource shape for creating streams

[07:41] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Proposed text is now in draft spec.

[07:43] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Nick added requirement that if a CM provider requires a property on create streams, that property must be in the resource shape.

[07:44] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-ccm/trunk/specs/config-mgt/config-resources.html

[07:45] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Section 9.3, 3rd sentence: Any properties required on new streams or baselines not defined by this standard MUST be described in resource shapes referenced by oslc:resourceShape properties on the container.

[07:46] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick proposes we accept the changes in the proposal for issue 35

[07:47] Nick Crossley (IBM): plus the additional sentence pointed out by David

[07:47] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: David seconded

[07:47] Jim Amsden (IBM): +1

[07:47] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: +1

[07:47] Nick Crossley (IBM): +1

[07:47] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[07:47] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Proposal carried.

[07:48] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Change set relation to before and after states from change management.

[07:48] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: New section 11.

[07:49] Jim Amsden (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-29

[07:49] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Action item: Martin to view that section, and follow up by email or in next meeting.

[07:58] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Action item: Nick to write a note to discuss issues for further discussion and email TC members.

[08:00] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Note is for https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-36 and how you track change set lifecycle.

[08:00] David Honey (Persistent/IBM)1: Meeting adjourned

Meetings/Telecon2017.03.09 (last edited 2017-06-01 14:41:15 by ndjc)