Meetings/Telecon2017.04.06

Event details

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-ccm/event.php?event_id=43904

Agenda

  1. Roll Call
  2. Scribe nomination
  3. Review minutes of previous meeting at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-ccm/Meetings/Telecon2017.03.23

  4. Change Management draft spec review
  5. Configuration Management topics
    1. Discuss issue 36
  6. Any other business

Minutes

Attendees: David Honey (Persistent/IBM), Jim Amsden (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM)

Chat transcript from room: oslc-ccm 2017-04-06 GMT-08:00

[07:08] Nick Crossley (IBM): List of attendees: David Honey (Persistent/IBM), Jim Amsden (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM)

[07:08] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin will scribe

[07:08] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Review minutes

[07:08] Nick Crossley (IBM): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-ccm/Meetings/Telecon2017.03.23

[07:08] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Approved

[07:09] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Action items: Pending to get list of relationships, still pending

[07:09] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Review issue 36 - notes posted

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): CM: Last time reviewed comments, Jim was going to update spec

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim unable to finish

[07:11] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Other changes pending related to templates

[07:13] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Need to decide on how much we should restate core requirements

[07:13] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Or, just the delta from core?

[07:15] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Convenient to have everything in one place - core doesn't have equivalent list

[07:17] Martin Sarabura (PTC): CM structure partly to drive automated test tools

[07:18] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Sam Padgett wrote original spec and it hasn't been altered much

[07:18] Martin Sarabura (PTC): structurally, anyway

[07:19] Martin Sarabura (PTC): CM probably pretty similar to RM - mostly just vocabularies

[07:20] Martin Sarabura (PTC): If we could create a single boilerplate then we would publish just the deltas

[07:20] Martin Sarabura (PTC): No MUSTs in core, so every domain spec pretty much need to indicate what is required

[07:22] Martin Sarabura (PTC): What is repeated is a subset of core anyway - mostly the MUSTs

[07:23] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: don't really care if it is redundant or not - will take more work to check. Different if we're doing 7 or 8 specs however

[07:25] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Easier to decide what the domain wants if you start with a core list rather than a cm list

[07:25] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nice if table indicates what is a deviation from core

[07:27] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Query not in the list of domain specs to bring forward - should add it

[07:27] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin to raise issue

[07:28] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick already has some changes, will check in then Jim will make his changes

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Domain specs shapes partially done, will be checking in soon

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick notify team if there are bits we should bring back into the cm spec

[07:30] Martin Sarabura (PTC): based on what he is doing in domains

[07:31] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim has some changes to cm - he will check in asap

[07:32] Nick Crossley (IBM): Other action item for Nick DONE - raise request for IBM's RTC Change Management implementation to be compliant with OSLC Actions 2.0: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/112801

[07:33] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Mainly need to add discoverability of actions

[07:33] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Are discoverable using a completely different api

[07:34] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Very difficult to figure that out if you don't know the syntax

[07:35] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Almost ready for public review - just Nick's stuff blocking now

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim changes checked in

[07:37] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Config management

[07:37] Nick Crossley (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCCM-36

[07:38] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Change sets intended to be minimal - didn't want to constrain too much

[07:39] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Not many examples to use as references for change sets

[07:39] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Don't have well defined change set lifecycle or even good model for how to represent multiple change sets and how applied to stream

[07:40] Martin Sarabura (PTC): What are the assumptions about multiple change sets, change set dependencies?

[07:41] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Spec is silent on these questions

[07:42] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Can a change set be delivered only to one stream, or can it be delivered to more than one?

[07:43] Martin Sarabura (PTC): What Nick needs from TC is overall sense for how detailed we want to get

[07:43] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Life cycle? Dependencies?

[07:44] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Eg., was derived from indicates dependence, do we want to back off even from thhat/

[07:45] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Can we leverage existing standards? eg., Delta V, MOF, or WVCM

[07:46] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Delta-V and WVCM biased towards file-based (we want resource-based)

[07:46] Nick Crossley (IBM): WVCM - web version control management or something

[07:46] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Delta V focus on distributed development also

[07:46] Jim Amsden (IBM): http://www.webdav.org/deltav/protocol/rfc3253.html#PROPERTY_activity-version-set

[07:47] Nick Crossley (IBM): WVCM was a Java API proposal, back in the Java 4-5 days as I recall

[07:48] Jim Amsden (IBM): http://d3s.mff.cuni.cz/publications/download/HnetynkaPlasil-MOF.pdf

[07:49] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Action: TC to think about how prescriptive we want to get - or what level of detail we want to discuss - on the subject of change sets

[07:49] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick feels we need to give change sets more thought before we can resolve issue 36

[07:50] Jim Amsden (IBM): OMG MOF Versioning and Development Lifecycle Specifcation: http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?formal/07-05-01.pdf

[07:51] Martin Sarabura (PTC): One possible resolution is to undeprecate oslc:configmutable

[07:52] Martin Sarabura (PTC): oslc_config:mutable

[07:55] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: MOF versioning does not address ability to difference change sets

[07:55] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Removed red text from earlier changes

[07:56] Nick Crossley (IBM): No other business

[07:56] Nick Crossley (IBM): Meeting adjourned

Meetings/Telecon2017.04.06 (last edited 2017-06-01 14:40:01 by ndjc)