Meetings/Telecon2013.11.26

Event details

Agenda

Minutes

Chair
Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM)
Scribe
David Green (Tasktop Technologies Inc.)
Attendees
John Arwe (IBM), Robert Baillargeon (Sodius SAS), Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics Corporation), Nick Crossley (IBM), Raul Garcia Castro (Universidad Politecnica de Madrid), David Green (Tasktop Technologies Inc.), ian green (IBM), Lin Ju (IBM), Harish Krishnaswamy (Software AG, Inc.), Arnaud Le Hors (IBM), Steve Speicher (IBM)
Resolutions
  • Unanimously approve minutes of 12 November
Actions
  • Arnaud to update Doodle poll for 2014.
  • Steve to send in documents Thursday December 5th, so that TC has a chance to review before Tuesday meeting

Original Chat transcript from room: oslc

2013-11-26 GMT-08:00 (Timestamps below are US Pacific)

Chat transcript from room: oslc

2013-11-26 GMT-08:00

[07:00] Steve Speicher (IBM): Agenda: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2013.11.26#Agenda

[07:06] Harish (Software AG): Hello everyone.. Good morning

[07:06] Steve Speicher (IBM): Perhaps Arnaud can add to his scribe list some guidance on scribe duties/expectations

[07:07] Harish (Software AG): Has the audio call begun? I am still hearing the music..want to make sure I joined the right one.

[07:07] John Arwe (IBM): yes mtg has started

[07:07] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Meeting has started

[07:07] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): (just now)

[07:08] Steve Speicher (IBM): Harish the number is different this week, https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-core/event.php?event_id=36197

[07:08] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): David Green is scribe

[07:08] John Arwe (IBM): Harish, what # did you use?

[07:08] Harish (Software AG): Thanks Steve

[07:08] Harish (Software AG): I use the India Paid number

[07:08] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Wiki is now available

[07:08] Harish (Software AG): I'll join in a moment

[07:09] Steve Speicher (IBM): Wiki link is https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core

Introduction of new members

[07:10] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Robert Baillargeon, VP Engineering at Sodius

[07:10] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Ian Green, IBM, work group lead for OLSC account management group

[07:10] Robert Baillargeon (Sodius): Intro -> VP of Engineering - Sodius. Target interoperability in the Systems & Software engineering tools. Often target Automotive and Aerospace domain.

[07:11] ian green (ibm): Robert: "for requirements management workgroup"

Approval of minutes from meeting of November 12th

[07:12] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Email for minutes must be sent to ensure no changes made after posting on the wiki. Attendees are highlighted.

[07:13] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Meeting Minutes - no objections, meeting minutes from November 12th declared approved.

[07:14] Steve Speicher (IBM): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/FrontPage#Meetings

[07:15] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Discussion regarding meeting minutes and URI stability. Minutes are currently on front page. If/when moved, a breadcrumb will be left at the old URI.

Doodle poll on 2014 TC calls

[07:16] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Doodle poll regarding TC meeting schedule: trying to accommodate many timezones.

[07:16] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Consider voting if you haven't yet: http://www.doodle.com/f8anriir54i5fb4k

[07:17] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): suggestion of alternate day, Friday

[07:18] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Arnaud to add Friday to the poll

[07:19] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): another email will go out with a new poll including Friday

Review of seed documents

[07:19] John Arwe (IBM): basic probability equations ensure that once the group size gets past a certain point, very low odds of findting one time that everyone's fine with

[07:19] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): we don't have material to work on yet.

[07:20] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): link to OSLC core work group on agenda to "seed documents"

[07:20] John Arwe (IBM): http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Specification-3.0/#Specifications if following along at home

[07:21] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): we (as OSLC TC core wg) need to submit each document to OASIS. Someone needs to put them up and take charge of them.

[07:21] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): previously we had editors

[07:21] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): looking to assign people to specific documents

[07:21] Steve Speicher (IBM): FYI Process for "Contributions" to a TC https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#iprProcedures see section 2.17, last paragraph

[07:22] John Arwe (IBM): is there any requirement that the editor(s) must be == submitter(s)?

[07:22] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Steve talks about contributions process

[07:25] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): suggestion of tool "ReSpec"

[07:27] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): discussion about which tool to use, HTML is the target output

[07:27] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): same ReSpec as used by w3c

[07:28] Steve Speicher (IBM): http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Specification-3.0/

[07:29] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): some seed documents are not specification

[07:29] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): suggestion to start with those

[07:30] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): clarification: 3 documents are not specification, but suggest that we start with those

[07:31] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): natural next ones would be UI preview and delegated UI...

[07:32] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): suggestion to create a plan for each document to get it across the line

[07:33] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Steve Speicher has volunteered to submit the first 3 documents

[07:33] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): no objections

[07:34] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Arnaud: timeline?

[07:35] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Steve: Could be as soon as before the next meeting, or later. Could be different levels of work done here, 3 levels

[07:36] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Arnaud: suggests ready for next call for feedback and before deadline

[07:36] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): intent is to have submissions ready for vote in next meeting

[07:37] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): what does vote mean?

[07:38] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): means we take ownership of these documents, that we'll take care of them from then on

[07:38] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): two stage process

[07:39] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): this is part of formal acceptance process

[07:41] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Steve to send in documents Thursday December 5th, so that TC has a chance to review before Tuesday meeting

[07:41] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): documents should largely be the same as their current form, changes editorial in nature

[07:41] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): so no surprises expected

[07:45] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Nick Crossley volunteering to help work on vocabulary

[07:47] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Steve: talks about vocabulary ...other one is done in w3c

[07:47] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Nick: w3c only has one term

[07:47] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): ...some details about vocabulary missing from these notes...

[07:48] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Steve: widely used and stable

[07:50] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Arnaud: any other candidates?

[07:50] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): UI Previews, UI Dialogs, Common Vocabulary

[07:51] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): these are candidates for second round

[07:52] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): question: are we going to get them all into the TC first?

[07:52] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick Crossley volunteered to work on Vocabulary Annotation Vocabulary - will reference existing W3C Term-centric Semantic Web Vocabulary Annotations, but not attempt to redefine that

[07:52] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Steve: waterfall is not the plan, would like to get them all into the TC so that we can work on them

[07:52] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): thanks Nick

[07:53] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Arnaud: concludes main part of agenda

Any other business

[07:53] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): if you're going to miss the call, please inform Arnaud since he is tracking attendance

[07:54] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): official term: leave of absence. Voting status highly depends on attendance.

[07:56] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Any other business?

[07:57] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Steve: mentions domain TCs - configuration management, let us know if you want to be a co-submitter

[07:58] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): "software supply chain" in similar state

[07:58] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Also consider joining member section if you're not already part of it

[08:00] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): Arnaud: adjourning meeting

Meetings/Telecon2013.11.26 (last edited 2013-11-27 15:21:40 by alehors)