Meetings/Telecon2014.03.03

Event details

Agenda

Minutes

Chair
Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM)
Scribe
Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics)
Attendees
Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM), Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics), David Green (Tasktop Technologies), Harish K (Software AG), John Arwe (IBM), Lin Ju (IBM), Martin Pain (IBM), Nick Crossley (IBM), Sam Padgett (IBM), Steve Speicher (IBM), Ian Green (IBM), Erich Meier (Method Park), Jim Conallen (IBM)
Regrets
N.A.
Resolutions
  • Minutes of 6 Feb approved unanimously
Actions

Original Chat transcript from room: oslc

Chat transcript from room: oslc

2014-03-06 GMT-08:00 (Timestamps below are US Pacific)

Roll Call

[07:07] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM) Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics) David Green (Tasktop Technologies) Harish K (Software AG) John Arwe (IBM) Lin Ju (IBM)1 Martin Pain (IBM) Nick Crossley (IBM)1 Sam Padgett (IBM) Steve Speicher (IBM)

Approval of minutes of last meeting (February 6)

[07:08] Steve Speicher (IBM): I have no prob with minutes

[07:09] Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics): Minutes of 6 Feb approved unanimously

Next call

[07:10] Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics): Next call will be as scheduled in two weeks, 20th March 2014

[07:14] ian green: ian joined - apologies for lateness

Linked Data Platform (LDP) update

[07:16] Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics): Arnaud described that the Linked Data Platform (LDP) draft again at Last Call review, due to significant changes: separation of paging three containers.

Spec authoring

[07:23] Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics): Steve has been working on OASIS template and styling to prepare for draft specifications, and working with OASIS staff on the process.

Use Cases & Requirements for Development and evolution of vocabularies

[07:25] Steve Speicher (IBM): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/VocabUseCases

[07:32] ian green: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/LinkingGuidanceRequirements

[07:32] John Arwe (IBM): Erich Meier (Method Park) joined

[07:34] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): Do I need a version number? If so, where and what exactly does it tell a client? TODO: Propose to eliminate this^ as there is not motivating use case for it

[07:43] Steve Speicher (IBM): Adding use case: As specifications evolve, new versions are made, need to have the existing terms work compatibly with current and newly terms

[07:44] Steve Speicher (IBM): Move to Discovery: Clients want to know when the service has upgraded and what version, maybe not about vocabulary.

[07:46] anonymous morphed into jim conallen (IBM)

[07:47] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): jim conallen (IBM) joined

[07:48] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): Are RDFS assertions like domain/range things to encourage or discourage? TODO: Consider removing this as just follows best-practices (or common usage) of these terms.

[07:53] jim conallen (IBM): shapes provide context to something, combined with vocabulary definition are often both required to understand a thing. vocabulary definition alone is often never enough.

[07:54] Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics): discussion: here a use case may be addressed by a guidance or best practice document, and not a firm vocabulary specification and constraints.

[07:56] Harish K (Software AG)3 morphed into Harish K (Software AG)

[07:57] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): Are vocabulary documents part of what OSLC would call domain specifications, or are they separate. If they are separate, what is the relationship and lifecycle of each? What approvals are required to update a vocabulary, e.g. to add a new term? TODO: This doesn't add anything, seems to be covered by other real use cases -- PROPOSAL: remove

[07:59] jim conallen (IBM): i think vocabs are separate (eg. dcterms, foaf) - it is the domain/context where things these things need to be resolved

[08:01] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): steves: we'll leave it

[08:01] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): It should be feasible/reasonable to implement and deploy a vocabulary; Subsumes the non-inferencing requirement? TODO: Isn't this true with anything we build? -- vocabs, dialogs, containers, paging, query? I'd suggest being more explicit, like non-inferencing. Other cases? most I can think of are covered by #Linking

[08:06] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): In addition to http-level security (eg) property-level read access control. backlog TODO: Perhaps we should create a UCR for security/access-control related topics, thoughts?

[08:06] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): steve will update the document based on feedback

[08:06] Martin Pain (IBM): (I've switched to another call)

[08:07] Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics): Further feedback on the vocabUseCases requested.

Use Cases & Requirements for Delegated UI

[08:08] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/DelegatedUIUseCases

[08:13] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): discussion on whether windowName should/could be dropped

[08:25] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): john: we should focus on what the use cases and requirements for this are

[08:29] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): sam, steve, and ian will figure out a template to make all docs consistent

[08:32] David Green (Tasktop Technologies): I'm going to have to drop early today.

Meeting adjourned

Meetings/Telecon2014.03.06 (last edited 2014-03-11 17:10:13 by alehors)