Meetings/Telecon2014.10.02

Event details

Agenda

Minutes

Chair
Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM)
Scribe
Martin Sarabura (PTC)
Attendees

Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM), Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics), Deric Merino (PTC), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Sam Padgett (IBM), Steve Speicher (IBM), Lonnie VanZandt (Sodius) (Partial)

Regrets
John Arwe (IBM), Nick Crossley (IBM), Martin Pain (IBM)
Resolutions
  • Minutes of 18 September approved unanimously
  • Next TC call will be on 16 October 2014
Actions
  • None.

Original Chat transcript from room: oslc

2014-10-02 GMT-08:00

Roll Call

[07:09] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Attendance: Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM) Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics) Deric Merino Martin Sarabura (PTC) Sam Padgett (IBM) Steve Speicher (IBM)

Approval of Minutes 18 September

[07:10] Deric Merino morphed into Deric Merino (PTC)

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Approval of minutes of Sep 18: No major resolutinos

[07:10] Steve Speicher (IBM): +1, look fine to me

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Objections? None... Approved

Next meeting

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Next call Oct 16

W3C RDF Data Shapes WG launch

[07:11] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Highlight announcement - w3c rdf shapes working group

[07:11] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Standardize from oslc resource shapes

[07:11] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Last year workshop agreement to standardize to address gap in linked data - no standard to constrain validation

[07:12] Martin Sarabura (PTC): New WG to address this problem

[07:12] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Plenty of other technologies - typical when there is a gap

[07:13] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Charter is open at this point

[07:13] Martin Sarabura (PTC): WG will have to go through requirements and validation, choose best candidate, proceed

[07:14] Martin Sarabura (PTC): IBM submitted OSLC resource shapes as candidate

[07:14] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Arnaud will be chair of this wg

[07:14] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Anyone is invited to participate

OSLC Attachments

[07:15] Martin Sarabura (PTC): OSLC attachments spec transitioned to core

[07:16] Martin Sarabura (PTC): CCM group agreed to transition it over - draft available

[07:16] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/specs/attachments-v3.html

[07:17] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Sam: few small changes

[07:17] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Sam: Not a final spec, early draft. Hopefully namespace change will have little impact

[07:17] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Arnaud: Additional deliverable for core

Proposal to add oslc:archive to Core

[07:18] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Arnaud: Consider Steve's proposal to add "archive" state to core

[07:18] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Inconsistencies between tools how they manage the archived state

[07:19] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Useful for integration purposes

[07:19] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Some tools decide to expose only objects which are not archived

[07:19] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Looking for something easy to define/query against

[07:20] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Convert from non-archive to archive.

[07:20] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Add new term to core - boolean means archived

[07:20] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Missing or false means active

[07:22] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin: Why is archive not just another state?

[07:22] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Parallel to other states

[07:22] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Layered on top of other states

[07:23] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Perhaps better term is "status"

[07:23] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Bill: Active/archived are mutually exclusive conditions

[07:23] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Bill: Archived confused with "backed up"?

[07:24] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Bill: What is the goal?

[07:25] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Bill: I would call this "inactive" if that's what we mean

[07:26] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Active may be deceptive because it may be true but nobody is using it

[07:26] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Bill: Will think some more

[07:27] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Will elaborate - for instance read/write access vs read only

[07:28] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Bill: Active/inactive/active transitions can occur without archive action

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Arnaud: Active means lack of activity, archive implies an admin action

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Arnaud: Don't have to make decision quite yet - just came up

[07:30] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Bill: Will respond to thread

[07:30] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Sam: Two aspects: Does use case make sense? What do we want to call it?

[07:31] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Sam: Would delete it except some day you might want to look at it again

[07:33] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin: PTC does have a delete method but it's problematic

[07:33] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Sam: Obsolete better term?

[07:34] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Bill: Need to drop off call - will write up

[07:34] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Arnaud: Defer decision to next call

[07:35] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Arnaud: Don't have core spec in OASIS yet. What is the plan?

[07:35] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Have a draft

[07:35] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Arnaud: References to open-services.net that are not yet in the oasis spec

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Two parts: Spec on our list, other is the shapes workl

[07:36] anonymous morphed into Lonnie at Sodius

Status Update

[07:37] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Status update? Here's your chance...

[07:37] Lonnie at Sodius: On the phone. But here to troll the chat

[07:38] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Template for respec

[07:38] Steve Speicher (IBM): This isn't on the list: OSLC Core Overview 3.0 http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/specs/oslc-core-overview-v3.html

[07:38] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Still incomplete. Updated recently. Areas need to expand on

[07:39] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Arnaud: This is a start...

[07:39] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Sam: Looking at attachments as well as resource preview - no changes to content, just structure for resource preview

[07:40] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Steve: Talking to Sam about delegated dialogs and other items - nothing ready to queue up for consideration

Meeting adjourned

Meetings/Telecon2014.10.02 (last edited 2014-10-16 15:39:21 by alehors)