Meetings/Telecon2014.10.16

Event details

Agenda

Minutes

Chair
Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM)
Scribe
Martin Pain (IBM)
Attendees
Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM), Didier Simoneau (DS), Harish Krishnaswamy (Software AG), Martin Pain (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM), Samuel Padgett (IBM), Steve Speicher (IBM), Jim Conallen (IBM), Gauthier Fanmuy (DS), Deric Merino (PTC)
Regrets
Ian Green (IBM)
Resolutions
  • Minutes of 2 October approved unanimously
  • Next TC call will be on 30 October 2014, chaired by Steve Speicher
Actions
  • Steve to send an email on oslc:archived

Original Chat transcript from room: oslc

2014-10-16 GMT-08:00

[07:07] Martin Pain (IBM): Nothing on mailing list since last meeting. Intention for this meeting is to check on progress, and make sure there are no blocks.

Roll call

[07:07] Martin Pain (IBM): Roll call: Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM) Didier Simoneau (DS) Harish (Software AG) Martin Pain (IBM) Martin Sarabura (PTC) Nick Crossley (IBM) Samuel Padgett (IBM) Steve Speicher (IBM)

[07:08] Martin Pain (IBM): jim conallen (IBM) joined

[07:08] Martin Pain (IBM): Gauthier Fanmuy (DS) joined

Approval of minutes of 2 October 2014

[07:09] Steve Speicher (IBM): looks good to me

[07:09] Martin Pain (IBM): Any objections? None heard. Minutes approved.

Next meeting

[07:09] Martin Pain (IBM): Arnaud unavailable 30th October.

[07:10] Martin Pain (IBM): Suggestion: decide a day or two before. SS offered to chair

[07:11] Martin Pain (IBM): Assume we will have the call with Steve Speicher chairing, unless decided otherwise at a later date

Membership updates

[07:11] Martin Pain (IBM): John Arwe has left the group having changed role.

[07:11] Martin Pain (IBM): Dider Simoneau and Gauthier Fanmuy joined the group for Dassault Systems

[07:13] Martin Pain (IBM): Gauthier Fanmuy in charge of portfolio of tools in System Engineering.

[07:13] Martin Pain (IBM): Already using OSLC

[07:15] Steve Speicher (IBM): Welcome Didier and Gauthier, let me know if you need anything

oslc:archived property

[07:22] Martin Pain (IBM): No recent activity on mailing list - one of the people expected to comment (Bill) is not present at this meeting

[07:22] Martin Pain (IBM): Steve suggested he give more information, such as how to move something between archived & not archived

[07:23] Martin Pain (IBM): Arnaud: One of the questions is should we keep adding boolean properties, or have a single "state" property to which we can add other states.

[07:23] Martin Pain (IBM): Archive may be fully or partially orthogonal to other states

[07:24] Martin Pain (IBM): You are likely to also want to keep access to the previous state before it was archived.

[07:25] Martin Pain (IBM): Consensus seems to be that it is different to other states. Steve Speicher to put it in an email

[07:27] Martin Pain (IBM): Martin: One of the other questions was whether they are expected to be included in selection dialogs & query capabilities

[07:27] Martin Pain (IBM): We don't currently have guidance on what happens in the selection dialog, we might want to create some and included this

[07:28] Martin Pain (IBM): Suggestion that we leave it more vague: say that providers MAY exclude them, but leave it at that

[07:28] Martin Pain (IBM): and wait for more implementation experience

[07:29] Martin Pain (IBM): Arnaud: Is "archived" the right term?

[07:30] Martin Pain (IBM): Steve did some research as to terms used on public services, and concluded to suggest "archived"

[07:31] Martin Pain (IBM): Next steps: Steve to send an email, and catch up on next call

[07:33] Steve Speicher (IBM): I might suggest to getting some current context for newcomers is to look at: recent email history, recent meeting minutes and some of the docs/plans/roadmaps on main wiki page

Status updates

[07:37] Martin Pain (IBM): Update on: OSLC Actions 2.0

[07:37] Martin Pain (IBM): Final review of most recent changes to be performed by Martin today, then ready for that to go into open-services.net's "finalization" state (waiting for implementation reports) and to be submitted to this TC

[07:38] Martin Pain (IBM): Update on: OSLC Automation 2.1

[07:38] Martin Pain (IBM): Waiting on reviews from people who were not involved in the changes introduced in 2.1.

[07:39] Martin Pain (IBM): Which will be followed by discussion of any changes suggested from those reviews, then gong into finalization and being re-submitted to the OASIS OSLC Automation TC to be the bases of the v3 work.

[07:39] Martin Pain (IBM): Update on: Resource preview

[07:39] Martin Pain (IBM): Bringing current working draft into line with Core v3 conventions

[07:39] Martin Pain (IBM): & template

[07:39] Martin Pain (IBM): Update on: Delegated UI

[07:39] Martin Pain (IBM): The same state as Resource Previews, but not so firm in general

[07:39] Martin Pain (IBM): no updates since last call

[07:42] Martin Pain (IBM): Unsure on scope - need to decide on it firmly at some point

[07:43] Martin Pain (IBM): Update on: Configuration context header

[07:43] Martin Pain (IBM): Looking into alternatives. A couple of weeks away from writing up RFC.

[07:44] Martin Pain (IBM): That is, was checking if there were any existing alternative headers that could be used. Found none.

[07:44] Martin Pain (IBM): Update on: Linking guidance

[07:44] Martin Pain (IBM): What do we want to do with this?

[07:47] Martin Pain (IBM): Linking will always be important, but it's hard to reconcile different requirements. Continue with the sub-committee, but not worth others looking at it until they've produced something more.

[07:47] jim conallen (ibm): I think we need to keep working on linking in sub-committee. but for now nothing to report

[07:48] Martin Pain (IBM): Update on: Attachments

[07:47] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/specs/attachments-v3.html

[07:49] Martin Pain (IBM): Attachments: Work in progress

[07:49] Martin Pain (IBM): Update on: Overview & spec template/structure

[07:49] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/specs/oslc-core-overview-v3.html

[07:50] Martin Pain (IBM): Work on "ReSpec" tooling

[07:50] Martin Pain (IBM): Any other documents not covered?

[07:51] Martin Pain (IBM): List of documents kept on "working documents" on wiki

[07:52] Martin Pain (IBM): Any other business?

Meeting Adjourned

[07:52] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): thanks for scribing Martin

Meetings/Telecon2014.10.16 (last edited 2014-10-16 15:41:21 by alehors)