Meetings/Telecon2015.02.05

Event details

Agenda

Minutes

chat transcript

Chair

Steve Speicher (IBM)

Scribe

Sam Padgett (IBM)

Attendees

Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics), Harish K (Software AG), ian green (IBM), Martin Pain (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM), Samuel Padgett (IBM), Steve Speicher (IBM), Arthur Ryman (IBM), Deric Merino (PTC)

Regrets

Arnaud

Resolutions

Actions

Roll Call

[07:06] Steve Speicher (IBM): Attendees: Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics) Harish K (Software AG)) ian green Martin Pain (IBM) Martin Sarabura (PTC) Nick Crossley (IBM) Samuel Padgett (IBM) Steve Speicher (IBM) Deric Merino (PTC)

Approval of Minutes of 22 January 2015

[07:07] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Approval of Minutes of 22 January 2015

[07:08] Samuel Padgett (IBM): No objections. Minutes are approved

Next call: 19 February 2015

[07:08] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Next call: 19 February 2015

Chairmanship - Proposed: Elect Martin Sarabura as co-chair

[07:09] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Chairmanship - Proposed: Elect Martin Sarabura as co-chair

[07:10] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Martin is an architect on the Integrity product at PTC and several integrations

[07:11] Steve Speicher (IBM): +1

[07:11] ian green: +1

[07:11] Martin Pain (IBM): +1

[07:11] Harish K (Software AG)): +1

[07:11] Samuel Padgett (IBM): +1

[07:11] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Voting on Martin for co-chair

[07:11] Deric Merino (PTC): +1

[07:12] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Resolution passes! Welcome Martin as co-chair!

[07:12] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Thanks

Discovery

Review approach to delegated dialog discovery

[07:13] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Next topic: Discovery

[07:13] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: I have created a draft for discovery. It's still a work in progress

[07:14] Samuel Padgett (IBM): https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/specs/discovery.html

[07:14] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: In the past, you would discover capabilities like dialogs in a service provider document

[07:15] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: Looking at how we've taken the approach in 3.0, we believe that the model we've introduced in resource preview fits the needs for delegated dialogs

[07:15] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: The example is there is a Link header that says this is the associated Dialog resource. The Dialog resource would have content that describes the dialog itself like in 2.0

[07:16] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: How can you optimize fetching the information? We can use the Prefer header as in resource preview

[07:16] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: Proposing we use the same model for delegated dialogs

[07:18] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Ian: Can you explain the affinity between a domain resource and a dialog?

[07:18] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: There is an affinity if the resource is a container

[07:19] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: We could use the same approach for delegated editors in addition to creation and selection dialogs

[07:20] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Ian: How can an observer influence what can be picked in a delegated dialog?

[07:21] Deric Merino (PTC): (leaving the chat but remaining on the phone)

[07:23] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Sam: One way to do this is to have multiple selection dialogs, each with a different filter. Another approach might be using postMessage to send messages between the observer and the dialog

[07:23] Steve Speicher (IBM): ACTION: Ian to add scenario to https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/DelegatedUIUseCases

Martin's comments on discovery

[07:25] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Martin's comments on discovery:

[07:25] Samuel Padgett (IBM): https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-core/email/archives/201501/msg00067.html

[07:25] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: Martin has asked if you can discover the root-most container from any server URL

[07:25] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: I've outlined a way to do this using HTTP OPTIONS

[07:26] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: Given an OSLC URL, maybe you can use HTTP OPTIONS to find related resources

[07:27] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Martin: I think the OPTIONS suggestion is good

[07:29] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Martin S: Could this list get very long? Is there any way to trim or filter the links in the response?

[07:30] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: These are things we're working through. What do you put in the headers and what do you put in the entity content? We might need guidance along these lines

Delegated Dialog - windowName

[07:30] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Delegated Dialog - Proposed: Remove windowName, only in legacy browsers no longer supported and if needed, use 2.0 spec

[07:31] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Current draft: http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/specs/dialogs-v3.html

[07:33] Steve Speicher (IBM): Proposed: Remove windowName, only in legacy browsers no longer supported and if needed, use 2.0 spec

[07:33] Steve Speicher (IBM): +1

[07:34] Samuel Padgett (IBM): +1

[07:34] ian green: +1

[07:34] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[07:34] Martin Pain (IBM): +1

[07:34] Steve Speicher (IBM): Harish: +1

[07:35] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Proposal approved

Status update on drafts

[07:35] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Next topic: Status update on drafts

[07:35] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: Overview comments have been incorporated. No other changes planned until public review

[07:36] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: Discovery 3.0 - Near ready for review. Still a few changes needed. Dialog discovery has been moved into the dialogs spec. Need to incorporate Martin's comments

[07:36] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: I expect to have it ready for review by the next meeting

[07:37] Steve Speicher (IBM): Table with full list of work products and status: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/FrontPage#Working_Documents

[07:38] Steve Speicher (IBM): Sam: getting close for public review, some intro rework

[07:38] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Sam: Resource preview updated to have numbered conformance clauses

[07:38] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Sam: Some updates needed to the introduction

[07:38] Steve Speicher (IBM): Topic: Attachments

[07:39] Steve Speicher (IBM): Sam: covered all comments from Ian, Ian may want to review latest draft to confirm, Steve updated intro

[07:39] Steve Speicher (IBM): Ian: will catch up on the latest draft with his comments handled

[07:41] Steve Speicher (IBM): Steve: need to add diagrams but make sure using consistent tooling

[07:41] Steve Speicher (IBM): ACTION: Steve to determine which tool is recommended

[07:41] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Topic: Common Vocabulary

[07:42] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: This is a new draft that brings in some of the shape and vocabulary documents from 2.0 updated for 3.0

[07:42] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: I still have some conformance clauses to add and some guidance around vocabulary

[07:42] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: I need to incorporate new 3.0 terms like archived

[07:42] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: I should have it ready for review in the next few weeks

[07:43] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: Need to decide if the Link guidance will be folded into the common vocabulary document

[07:43] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Topic: Link Guidance

[07:43] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: Jim, Ian, Sam, and I met to talk about approaches to link guidance

[07:44] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: We've started to capture these thoughts on the wiki to get the right scenarios and current thinking

[07:44] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: It's too soon to get feedback, but we're working on it

[07:45] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Arthur Ryman has joined

[07:46] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Actions 3.0

[07:46] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: Martin, do you have a timeframe on the document?

[07:46] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Martin: Not yet. I'm addresses the last few comments from the mailing list now

Other Topics

[07:48] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Other Topics?

[07:49] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Arthur: How are we publishing vocabularies?

[07:49] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: We are publishing at open-services.net for both OASIS TC vocabularies as well as older vocabularies.

[07:50] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Steve: Still working out the exact details, but they will be at open-services.net

[07:53] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Any other business?

[07:54] Steve Speicher (IBM): Attendees: Arthur Ryman (IBM), Deric Merino (PTC)

Meeting Adjourned

[07:54] Samuel Padgett (IBM): Meeting adjourned

Meetings/Telecon2015.02.05 (last edited 2015-02-06 15:56:47 by sspeiche)