Meetings/Telecon2015.04.30

Event details

Agenda

Action items from previous meeting

Minutes

Chair

Martin Sarabura (PTC)

Scribe

Martin Pain (IBM)

Attendees

Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM) David Honey (IBM) Harish (SoftwareAG) ian green (ibm) Jim Amsden (IBM) Martin Pain (IBM) Martin Sarabura (PTC) Nick Crossley (IBM) Deric Merino (PTC)

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

Martin Pain (IBM): Scribe: Martin Pain

Martin Pain (IBM): Present: Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM) David Honey (IBM) Harish (SoftwareAG) ian green (ibm) Jim Amsden (IBM) Martin Pain (IBM) Martin Sarabura (PTC) Nick Crossley (IBM)

Martin Pain (IBM): Approval of last meeting's minutes: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2015.04.16

Martin Pain (IBM): Chair noted that resolutions had been passed witouth quorum. No objections. Minutes approved.

Martin Pain (IBM): Agenda for this meeting: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2015.04.30

Martin Pain (IBM): Review action items from previous meeting

Martin Pain (IBM): All action issues addressed except "Nick to raise an issue regarding more flexibility on icon size in resource preview" (due to issues with the issues system) - will do that now

Martin Pain (IBM): Issues list: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/oslccore

Martin Pain (IBM): Next item: Other open questions from Jim's email

Martin Pain (IBM): https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oslc-core/201504/msg00032.html

Martin Pain (IBM): Jim's happy to accept editor role on all documents. Would be happy for others to step up for any documents if they would like to.

Martin Pain (IBM): Martin S invited members to look at the documents list and feed back, to keep this moving forward

Martin Pain (IBM): Question: How do we review potential changes? Attach a diff to the ticket before checking in, or check in to version control?

Martin Pain (IBM): Martin S suggests checking it in, as long as we make sure it's reviewed

Martin Pain (IBM): Martin P agrees happy to check in, if we have a reasonable degree of confidence in it, otherwise we could check in to a branch for review.

Martin Pain (IBM): Very high confidence changes (e.g. minor changes) check in straight onto trunk, without a ticket. If you're subscribed you should see the changes in email. Anything which needs more information will have an issue ticket raised and checked into a branch.

Martin Pain (IBM): Next item: On April 2 we discussed a new Delegated UI Guidance Note - probably should start even if not included in initial documents

Martin Pain (IBM): Will raise it as an issue ticket

Martin Pain (IBM): What's the lifecycle of notes? Can we update them over time as we learn?

Martin Pain (IBM): We believe it's the same

Martin Pain (IBM): We can include other information outside the standards process elsewhere, e.g. on the open-services.net wikis.

Martin Pain (IBM): Next item: Review issues list https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/oslccore

Martin Pain (IBM): OSLCCORE-6 How does POST to an LDPC that supports multiple creationTypes indicate which resource to create?

Martin Pain (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-6

Nick Crossley (IBM): I am having difficulty hearing several people in today's conversation - many are breaking up - though it does seem better right now

Martin Pain (IBM): Do we have examples/scenarios where we need multiple creationTypes for non-RDF sources? You can always have an LDPC for each type, which avoids the issue.

Martin Pain (IBM): Action item: To update the issue

Martin Pain (IBM): Martin P: creationType should point to an RDF class, constrainedBy to a resource shape. So knowing which creationType you want to create is not a problem. (But tying which constraint is for which type is)

Martin Pain (IBM): Arnaud: constrainedBy is not fully fleshed-out in LDP, so not surprised there are difficulties, but how we go about that is not answered in LDP today

Martin Pain (IBM): Are the creationtypes strict or loose? Does it just have to have one of them, or can it not have any from the list?

Martin Pain (IBM): Suggestion that is a domain-specific question, not something that can be addressed by core

Martin Pain (IBM): Suggestion that we might be able to do somethign in core that prevents duplicationbetween domains

Martin Pain (IBM): We ought to avoid heading off in some direction that is incompatible with W3C shapes

Martin Pain (IBM): We should be as vague as LDP was in their constrainedBy definition

Martin Pain (IBM): To summarise: In LDP, you can POSt to an LDPC to create a resource, and the server can constrain what you can create. And all creationType does is give a URL that further contraints the shape of what you're posting. So if you take that type off whether that create succeeds or not is defined by LDP.

Martin Pain (IBM): Might be a non-issue due to mixing up creationType and constrainedBy. Jim to put current position in ticket.

Martin Pain (IBM): Running out of time: Any other business?

Martin Pain (IBM): Meeting adjourned

Meetings/Telecon2015.04.30 (last edited 2015-05-01 16:30:01 by sarabura)