Meetings/Telecon2015.05.14

Event details

Agenda

Action items from previous meeting

Minutes

Chair

Martin Sarabura

Scribe

David Honey

Attendees

David Honey, Harish, Jim Amsden, Martin Sarabura, Nick Crossley

Regrets

Ian Green Martin Pain

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:05] David Honey (IBM): David volunteered to be scribe.

[07:06] Jim Amsden (IBM): Multi-Part Document and Conformance Authentication Dialogs Preview Guidance - Committee Note or move to Dialogs information section Normalize Preview and Dialog Discovery Attachments Overview Compatibility

[07:08] David Honey (IBM): List of attendees: David Honey (IBM), Harish (SoftwareAG), Jim Amsden (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM)

[07:09] David Honey (IBM): Minutes from Apr 30th: No objections, accepted.

[07:09] David Honey (IBM): Next call 28th May.

[07:10] David Honey (IBM): Action item: Nick to raise issue about icon size. Now posted on issues tracker.

[07:10] Jim Amsden (IBM): As well as sections marked as non-normative, all authoring guidelines, diagrams, examples, and notes in this specification are non-normative. Everything else in this specification is normative. - is sufficient to indicate Examples are informative?

[07:13] David Honey (IBM): Clearer to embed examples near to the sections they relate to.

[07:14] David Honey (IBM): Nick: Should we ask Chet - Is this acceptable to OASIS?

[07:16] David Honey (IBM): Jim to contact Chet for guidance, and look at existing OASIS specs to see how they handle examples.

[07:17] David Honey (IBM): Proposal is to restrict the section Jim pasted to only include diagrams and examples.

[07:17] David Honey (IBM): Martin will talk to Chet about this.

[07:21] David Honey (IBM): Issue 4: Nick ok with changed wording. No objections.

[07:22] David Honey (IBM): Issue 7 on authentication. Agreed that this should be included.

[07:26] David Honey (IBM): Issue 13: Some discussion in W3C Data shapes working group about scope. One view is that UI related issues like default values is out of scope.

[07:27] David Honey (IBM): One solution: Use ldp:ConstrainedBy for constraints, use some other predicate for the UI-related information that is needed.

[07:33] David Honey (IBM): Difficult to make decisions about resource shapes when the W3C Data shapes WG has yet to reach convergence.

[07:35] David Honey (IBM): GET of an artifact can include a OSLC resource shape predicate referencing an OSLC 2.0 resource shape.

[07:35] David Honey (IBM): If it includes a ldp:constrainedBy, don't currently know what it references.

[07:36] David Honey (IBM): Suggestion to include this in non-normative guidance.

[07:40] David Honey (IBM): Issue 12, Preview Guidance: Proposal is to remove the preview guidance and absorb useful content into the spec.

[07:40] David Honey (IBM): +1

[07:40] Jim Amsden (IBM): +1

[07:40] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[07:40] Nick Crossley (IBM): +1

[07:40] Harish (SoftwareAG): +1

[07:41] David Honey (IBM): Accepted.

[07:47] David Honey (IBM): Issue 10, Normalizing Preview and Dialog: Currently, some inconsistency in OSLC 2.0 resize, horizontal versus vertical.

[07:47] David Honey (IBM): Does the proposal address this?

[07:48] David Honey (IBM): Preview and dialog are currently two difference documents. If this is common, where should this be described?

[07:49] David Honey (IBM): Preview document could refer to the Dialog document for the details about the dialog descriptor.

[07:50] David Honey (IBM): Proposal: Attendees to consider this in preparation for discussion at the next meeting.

[07:53] David Honey (IBM): Can get preview directly from link header rather than getting the compact data. Saves a round-trip.

[07:56] David Honey (IBM): Issue 11, OSLC Overview document: Need to check what OASIS citation format and patent reference should be used. Needs to be adopted in Respec template.

[08:00] David Honey (IBM): Nick: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/VocabStableURINotes should be converted from a Wiki page to a guidance document.

[08:05] David Honey (IBM): Standard practice is to make vocabularies (e.g. predicates and classes) discoverable by returning metadata from a GET.

[08:05] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Will raise a new issue for this.

[08:08] David Honey (IBM): Meeting closed.

Meetings/Telecon2015.05.14 (last edited 2015-05-18 18:00:51 by sarabura)