Meetings/Telecon2015.07.09

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of 6/11 minutes

  4. Next call July 23
  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Nick to look up info on email voting
    • Jim to update v2 compatibility Wiki to reflect the discussion from 6/11 meeting
  6. OSLC v2 Interoperability and Compatibility * Discuss OSLC MS SC feedback

    • Discuss any additional comments and issues on the Wiki document as updated from last week
  7. Current roadmap
  8. Selected Issues from issues list - see these issues: OLSC 3.0 Core Issues * Unresolved issues for July 9 Meeting...

  9. Other business

Minutes

Chair

Martin Sarabura, Jim Amsden

Scribe

David Honey

Attendees

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

Scribe nomination

[07:04] David Honey (IBM): David agreed to be scribe.

Roll call

[07:17] List of attendees: Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics), David Honey (IBM), Harish (SoftwareAG), Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus), Jim Amsden (IBM), Jim Ruehlin (IBM), Martin Pain (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC)

[07:06] Jim Amsden (IBM): See https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-core/ballots.php

[07:06] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/V2Compatibility#preview

Approval of 6/11 minutes

[07:09] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2015.06.11

[07:10] David Honey (IBM): Minutes from previous meeting 11th June approved.

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Sorry to interrupt, Jim

Email voting

[07:13] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Current list of voting members needs updating. TC needs minimum of 5 voting members. We should review this next meeting.

OSLC v2 Interoperability and Compatibility

[07:20] David Honey (IBM): Supported media types, proposal is that where V2 had a MUST for application/rdf+xml, in V3 this should be a SHOULD.

[07:20] David Honey (IBM): Better compatibility with W3C LDP (Linked Data Platform).

[07:22] David Honey (IBM): Discovery: V3 is more dynamic/incremental than V2 and based on LDPCs and link headers. V2 uses service provider catalog.

[07:23] David Honey (IBM): V3 currently does not include service provider catalog. Implication is it should be included in V3 for compatibility.

[07:26] David Honey (IBM): Martin Pain has proposal for LDPCS.

[07:26] David Honey (IBM): General agreement V3 should include both V2 service proivider catalog and new LDPC discovery.

[07:28] David Honey (IBM): Preview: small differences, not seen as a big issue.

[07:28] David Honey (IBM): Query service: It is OK for V3 spec to have normative references to V2 spec so can include support for query if needed.

[07:30] David Honey (IBM): Resource paging: Some differences. Should support W3C LDP paging when spec reaches consensus/stability.

[07:31] David Honey (IBM): Preference is to have references to V2 normative sections rather than duplicate in V3 spec.

[07:32] David Honey (IBM): Resource constraints: Minor change to use ldp:constrainedBy to have the same value as oslc:instanceShape.

[07:32] David Honey (IBM): Tracked Resource Set: No issues.

[07:33] David Honey (IBM): Actions, Automation: Refer to V2.0 sections.

[07:34] David Honey (IBM): Summary of biggest issues: Discovery, references from 3.0 to V2.0 normative sections.

[07:35] Martin Sarabura (PTC): http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/specs/compat.html

[07:36] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Proposes to move compatibility document into main spec.

[07:41] David Honey (IBM): Proposal is to accept the proposed changes form compatibility document.

[07:39] David Honey (IBM): +1

[07:39] Harish (SoftwareAG): +1

[07:39] Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus): +1

[07:40] Martin Pain (IBM)1: +1 (non-voting member)

[07:40] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[07:40] Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics): 0 (non voting)

[07:40] Jim Amsden (IBM): +1

[07:42] David Honey (IBM): Jim will proceed with the proposed edits.

[07:42] Jim Ruehlin (IBM): +1 (non-voting member) (1) Yes (2) +1 (non-voting member) This is a single choice vote.

[07:42] Jim Ruehlin (IBM): please ignore vote that I initiated.

[07:43] David Honey (IBM): Anyone working on a 3.0 implementation?

[07:43] David Honey (IBM): Lyo reference implementation is based on 3.0

[07:45] David Honey (IBM): FYI, there is an implementation of LDP on Bluemix.

[07:46] David Honey (IBM): Bill: Mentor Graphics will be implementing on 3.0, but timescales currently unknown.

[07:48] Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus): Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus) voted for: +1 (non-voting member)

[07:48] David Honey (IBM): Roadmap and dates needs reviewing, impact of compatibility changes. Jim proposed meeting with Martin S to review dates.

[07:51] David Honey (IBM): Is timescale acceptable? If it needs to be sooner, we need more resourcing/editors to accelerate.

OSLCCORE-9, Bootstrapping discovery

[07:57] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-9

[07:57] Martin Pain (IBM)1: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oslc-core/201503/msg00016.html

[07:58] Bill Chown (Mentor Graphics): I have to drop off at the hour. I will be attending more in future

[08:01] Harish (SoftwareAG): I have to drop off now as well. Will catch up with the minutes later.

[08:02] David Honey (IBM): Martin to write a specific proposal on https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-9 that can be reviewed next meeting.

[08:02] anonymous morphed into Harish (Software AG)

[08:09] David Honey (IBM): Providing link header on any REST response might place an undue burden on implementations having to change many different front service implementations.

[08:09] David Honey (IBM): Using a root "/" container is problematic - security, and there might be many different application context roots underneath it.

[08:12] David Honey (IBM): What if application's home page URI provided the URI of the service provider catalog.

[08:13] David Honey (IBM): Advantage is that users typically knows the URI of the application home page.

OSLCCORE-13, ialogs-v3.html final editing issues

[08:14] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-13?jql=project%20%3D%20OSLCCORE

[08:15] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-13

[08:21] David Honey (IBM): Propose we discuss https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-13 next meeting and take vote.

OSLCCORE-10, Normalizing Preview and Dialog

[08:23] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-10

[08:23] David Honey (IBM): Jim proposes dropping this due to compatibility concerns.

[08:25] David Honey (IBM): Vote on this in next meeting.

OSLCCORE-14, attachments-v3.html final editing issues

[08:31] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-14

[08:31] David Honey (IBM): Meeting adjourned.

Meetings/Telecon2015.07.09 (last edited 2015-07-27 12:40:44 by martinpain)