Call-in info: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-core/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3688 (access restricted to OASIS members)
Chat room: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oslc
Issue list: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/oslccore
- Scribe nomination
- Roll Call
Approval of July 9 minutes
- Next meeting August 6
- Actions from the previous meeting
- The current list of voting members will be published along with the agenda prior to each meeting
- Jim A and Martin S to meet next week to discuss project timeline
- Martin P to update Issue 9; final review and vote at next meeting
- Vote on adoption of issue 13 and dropping issue 10 at next meeting
- Road map for standards publication
- Conforming implementations we can reference?
Selected Issues from issues list
OSLCCORE-16, Discovery should include text about vocabulary discovery: Nick to provide some text consistent with what’s in the CCM spec.
OSLCCORE-5 OSLC 2.0/3.0 compatibility requirements
- Other business
- Jim Amsden
- Nick Crossley
- Martin Sarabura
- Harish Krishnaswamy
- David Honey (IBM)
- Harish Krishnaswamy (Sofware AG)
- Jim Amsden (IBM)
- Jim Ruehlin (IBM)
- Martin Pain (IBM)
- Martin Sarabura (PTC)
- Nick Crossley (IBM)
- Jim A to ask Chet whether a spec that depends on core can go to public review before core does
- Martin S and Jim A to review issues list to see what can be closed, next week and ongoing
Chat transcript from room: oslc
[07:05] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2015.07.09
[07:05] David Honey (IBM): Minutes accepted.
[07:08] David Honey (IBM): Timelines: Goal is to TC draft for public review in September. Public review is 60 days.
[07:08] David Honey (IBM): Goal is to be able to vote in December.
[07:18] Jim Amsden (IBM): December vote is for Committee Specification
[07:20] David Honey (IBM): Can a spec dependent on core go to public review before OSLC core does?
[07:20] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Will check with Chet on rules for OASIS.
[07:21] David Honey (IBM): Nick: Not found anything from initial info from Chet on email voting.
[07:22] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-9
[07:28] David Honey (IBM): If service providers are tracked resources that can be indexed in an indexing provider, does this help in discovery?
[07:31] David Honey (IBM): Steve Speicher removed some predicates in core vocab that were not used. Cannot do this in 3.0. If a predicate was valid in 2.0, it must be valid in 3.0.
[07:32] David Honey (IBM): One such property is oslc:usage.
[07:41] David Honey (IBM): Will need to merge core 2.0 and 3.0 properties into 3.0 spec.
[07:42] David Honey (IBM): Core has a file per resource shape.
[07:43] David Honey (IBM): CM has related shapes in one file.
[07:49] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-13?jql=project%20%3D%20OSLCCORE
[07:50] David Honey (IBM): All agreed Issue 13 should be closed.
[07:50] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-10?jql=project%20%3D%20OSLCCORE
[07:54] David Honey (IBM): For preview, GET with an Accept header with appropriate media type. This is different from a delegated dialog to select one or more resources, or create a resource.
[07:55] David Honey (IBM): Proposal: Core 3.0 should adopt 2.0's use of Accept header.
[07:56] David Honey (IBM): Ought to be a consistent way of handling dialog resize.
[07:58] David Honey (IBM): Should add support for resize width.
[07:59] David Honey (IBM): Preview will support height resize.
[08:00] David Honey (IBM): Related to https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-15?jql=project%20%3D%20OSLCCORE on icon size.
[08:02] David Honey (IBM): Use of Prefer header for icon size is ok. Not asking for different content - asking for a different size of icon.
[08:06] Martin Pain (IBM): Advertising the existence of a compact resource would be done through an Accept header (on the individual resource, not the container) not a Link header
[08:09] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Continue use JIRA, use email for collaboration on discussions on JIRA issues.
[08:17] David Honey (IBM): Action on Jim, Martin for next week: Review issues list and see if any can be closed.
[08:18] David Honey (IBM): Nick: Question about compatibility and getting feedback from steering committee. No disagreements about goals.
[08:19] Nick Crossley (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-25
[08:28] David Honey (IBM): Need some way to link domain tool specific resource shapes that extend/augment OSLC spec shapes.
[08:29] David Honey (IBM): to the shapes they extend.
[08:32] David Honey (IBM): Meeting adjourned. Martin cannot attend next meeting.