Meetings/Telecon2016.01.07

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of December 10 minutes

    • Agreement on "common properties" to be noted?
  4. Next meeting January 21 2016
  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Jim A to write up scenarios in a non-normative section where LDPCs can help get around fields that are read-only in the spec, such as adding a new service provider
    • Ian and Martin P to be primary reviewers for delegated dialog spec
    • Jean-Luc and David H to be primary reviewers for resource preview spec
    • David H to be primary reviewer for core vocabulary spec
    • Martin P to be primary reviewer for discovery spec
    • Martin S to be primary reviewer for overview
    • All committee members encouraged to review any and all documents
  6. Topics
  7. Other business

How to prepare for this meeting

  1. Read the specs that are currently available for TC review.
  2. Read the above issues and comment if you wish

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:05] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick to scribe

[07:06] Nick Crossley (IBM): Looking for approval of minutes for Dec 10

[07:07] Nick Crossley (IBM): Is there any need to correct minutes re common properties?

[07:08] Nick Crossley (IBM): Minutes indicate an incomplete discussion, and there is an open issue to capture that discussion, so no correction needed

[07:08] Nick Crossley (IBM): Minutes accepted

[07:08] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2016.01.07

[07:08] Martin Sarabura (PTC): action items....?

[07:08] Nick Crossley (IBM): Martin: we have action items to review

[07:11] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: On marking properties as read-only, the constraint applies only to the client doing a PUT to modify a property directly, and that servers could change the value of 'read-only' properties at any time, and especially in response to a POST to an LDPC (relevant to discovery resources)

[07:11] Nick Crossley (IBM): Martin: everyone is responsible for reviewing the documents they signed up for.

[07:13] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: all Core documents are ready for review, with open issues as recorded in formal issues

[07:13] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: I encourage all TC members to review all documents


[07:14] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: It is important we assign at least one primary reviewer for each document, and that we do not go to public review without the review from that primary reviewer

[07:15] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick: volunteers to be the primary reviewer for Resource Shapes

[07:15] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim & Martin: need to update the list of primary reviewers

[07:15] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/FrontPage

[07:17] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick to be primary reviewer for Attachments

[07:17] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jean-Luc to be primary reviewer for link guidance

[07:19] Nick Crossley (IBM): Ian: is there a fixed form for the review?

[07:19] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: not really - email or wiki or ...

[07:20] Nick Crossley (IBM): Martin: In terms of roadmap, when do we need to complete these reviews?

[07:21] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: we should be driven by the domains, since Core on its own is not very useful.

[07:22] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: Change Management is ready for review

[07:22] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick: Config Mgmt is at risk of being a bit late

[07:23] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: So alignment with domains may be difficult - so we may need to set an independent schedule

[07:24] Nick Crossley (IBM): ACTION ITEM: Jim and Martin S to discuss schedule offline


[07:26] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: OSLC 3 reference implementation uses Node, and is easily (and dynamically) extended

[07:27] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: it will include server and CM client to show end-to-end operation

[07:29] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jean-Luc: why doesn't Jim's reference impl use Eclipse Lyo?

[07:30] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: Eclipse Lyo is a Java stack, and I wanted to open Core 3.0 up to other possible stacks. Using Node and Javascript seems more in line with current trends

[07:30] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: this does not prevent someone extending the open-source Lyo

[07:31] Nick Crossley (IBM): Ian: I thought the intention of Lyo was to be language agnostic?

[07:32] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: Yes, but there is a governance process. I am trying to eliminate as many barriers to contribution as possible


[07:34] Nick Crossley (IBM): Reviewing issue 46

[07:35] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: Not sure the spec needs any change - leave it to servers to determine whether or not they provide query over discovery resources (ServiceProviders and Services)

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-46


[07:37] Martin Sarabura (PTC): moving on to https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-43

[07:51] Nick Crossley (IBM): Lots of discussion between Nick, Jim, and Ian on the use of ResourceShape to describe common properties. Nick to write up alternative proposal in issue 43.


[07:55] Martin Sarabura (PTC): next: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-56

[07:58] ian green (ibm): http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Vocabulary-Annotation-Vocabulary/

[08:01] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick: noted there are two different Vocabulary Annotation Vocabularies - the OSLC one defines inverseLabel and one other

[08:01] Nick Crossley (IBM): Martin, Jim, Nick: Have to close meeting - ran out of time

Meetings/Telecon2016.01.07 (last edited 2016-01-10 20:46:07 by sarabura)