Meetings/Telecon2016.01.21

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of January 7 minutes

  4. Next meeting February 4 2016
  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Jim to confirm that he has written up a non-normative guide regarding modifying resources via other methods even if vocabulary disallows it
    • Jim and Martin: need to update the list of primary reviewers

    • Jim and Martin S to discuss schedule offline

    • Nick to write up alternative proposal in issue 43
    • All committee members encouraged to review any and all documents
  6. Topics
  7. Other business

How to prepare for this meeting

  1. Review the working documents list which was recently updated

  2. Review the issue list so we can prioritize them

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc [07:06] David Honey (IBM): David volunteered to be scribe

[07:07] David Honey (IBM): Minutes of last meeting accepted.

[07:07] David Honey (IBM): Next meeting Feb 4th

[07:08] David Honey (IBM): Martin reviewed Jim's non-normative text about modifiable properties.

[07:08] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-43

[07:09] David Honey (IBM): Nick has done some work on this, but more is needed.

[07:10] David Honey (IBM): Work on respec in progress. Keep on list as reminder for review next meeting.

[07:13] David Honey (IBM): Nick: Should fix https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-51 before public review.

[07:14] David Honey (IBM): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/CompletionTimeline

[07:16] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/FrontPage#Working_Documents

[07:17] David Honey (IBM): Proposed timeline for primary review: 2016-02-01.

[07:23] David Honey (IBM): Reviewers should edit https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/FrontPage#Working_Documents to indicate they have reviewed the document.

[07:23] David Honey (IBM): Martin will denote primary reviewers in bold.

[07:24] David Honey (IBM): Jad: How do reviewers provide feedback?

[07:25] David Honey (IBM): Possible channels: Email to oslc-core mailing list (preferred), or directly to Jim.

[07:27] David Honey (IBM): Martin will add info about review feedback on the working docs page.


[07:28] David Honey (IBM): Prioritization of issues.

[07:28] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-46

[07:29] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Added info. No change required to spec. So should be closed.


[07:29] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-43

[07:29] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Common properties, manual vs Respec.

[07:30] David Honey (IBM): Should not have much impact on the spec, just the means of producing the info.

[07:30] Martin Sarabura (PTC): lower priority


[07:30] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-45

[07:30] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Nick has 2 emails explaining usage.

[07:31] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Any edits required?

[07:33] David Honey (IBM): Nick: Might write a document covering OSLC Linked Data best practices, not part of the standard itself.

[07:33] David Honey (IBM): Nick: Need not hold up work on core standard.

[07:35] David Honey (IBM): Nick: Will review, and suggest changes to make issue closable.


[07:35] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-54

[07:36] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Respec issue, not required to be resolved for public review

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): deferred already


[07:36] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-56

[07:37] David Honey (IBM): Inverse labels

[07:37] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Leave it as part of vocabulary. Do we need a vote to keep it?

[07:38] David Honey (IBM): Jim: No impact on backwards compatibility.

[07:39] David Honey (IBM): Nick: Compatible extension already added to core 2.0. It's optional. Make it normative doesn't cause impact.

[07:40] David Honey (IBM): Jim: There are other non-normative items. For example, impact types on links.

[07:41] David Honey (IBM): Nick: Doesn't like the current definitions of impact terms. So those not ready to be made normative.

[07:42] David Honey (IBM): Nick: If we cannot agree new names on impact types, should be removed from spec.

[07:43] David Honey (IBM): Vote: Inclusion of oslc:inverseLable as part of normative spec.

[07:43] David Honey (IBM): inverseLabel

[07:43] Nick Crossley (IBM): +1

[07:43] David Honey (IBM): +1

[07:44] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[07:44] Jim Amsden (IBM)1: +1

[07:44] ian green (ibm): +1

[07:44] Martin Sarabura (PTC): passed

[07:44] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Can now close issue 56 as changes made.


[07:44] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-53

[07:45] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Conclusion, up to implementation to decide whether a service should be a LDPC, and what members it might have.

[07:46] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Thinks it can be closed with no change.


[07:46] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-55

[07:46] David Honey (IBM): oslc:describes on ResourceShape should be optional in ReSpec

[07:47] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Resolution depends on issue 43.


[07:48] David Honey (IBM): Issue 53 - needs further review/comment from Martin Pain.

[07:48] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Issue 53 - higher priority

[07:49] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Little burden on requiring service to be an LPDC. It might have no members. Just needs some properties.


[07:49] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-55

[07:56] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Does the direction of an RDF triple have meaning for dependency/impact analysis?

[07:57] David Honey (IBM): Nick: Historical usage in IBM tools. RDF properties typically use subject of the resource, not the reverse.

[07:58] David Honey (IBM): Nick: Symmetric case representing co-dependency.

[07:59] David Honey (IBM): Nick: Names of impact type - 2 were wrong.

[08:00] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Will re-read Nick's proposal.

[08:01] David Honey (IBM): Nick: Left meeting.


[08:01] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-50

[08:01] David Honey (IBM): Should we omit the "read-only" values in the discovery resource shapes?

[08:02] David Honey (IBM): JIm: Thinks issue can be closed.


[08:02] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-51

[08:02] David Honey (IBM): ReSpec shows oslc:representation is Either for Properties that do not specify a representation

[08:02] David Honey (IBM): Need to be done before public review. Nick to provide fix in Respec.


[08:12] David Honey (IBM): David: CCM issue on versioned types. Should this be mentioned in core?

[08:12] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Should use CCM vocab for versioned resources.

[08:22] David Honey (IBM): Ian: Is this an OSLC problem?

[08:27] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Suggest David write proposed text to include in OSLC Core, referencing CCM spec.

[08:27] David Honey (IBM): David: Will raise Core issue.

[08:27] David Honey (IBM): Meeting adjourned.

Meetings/Telecon2016.01.21 (last edited 2016-01-26 02:28:55 by sarabura)