Meetings/Telecon2016.03.31

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of March 17th minutes

  4. Next meeting April 14, 2016
  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Jim to update Section 6.2 of vocabulary document to explain our thinking a little better
    • Jim and Nick: A few action items noted at time 10:44 in the transcript
  6. Topics
  7. Other business

How to prepare for this meeting

  1. Review all documents https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/FrontPage#Working_Documents

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2016.03.17

[07:10] Jad El-khoury (KTH): Approval of March 17th minutes: no objections. MInutes passed

[07:10] Jad El-khoury (KTH): Next meeting: April 14, 2016

[07:11] Jad El-khoury (KTH): Action1 from the previous meeting: Jim to update Section 6.2 of vocabulary document to explain our thinking a little better

[07:11] Jad El-khoury (KTH): Jim: I took care of. Nothing pending

[07:12] Jad El-khoury (KTH): Action2 from previous meeting: Jim and Nick: A few action items noted at time 10:44 in the transcript

[07:13] Martin Sarabura (PTC): [ ] Jim to send questions to Chet [ ] Nick will update ReSpec on his private branch to get the Config Spec to align with Chets OSLC templates. [ ] After some number of iterations, Nick will checkin his ReSpec and Config Management spec and will list the changes that have to be made so that specifications use the updated ReSpec properly [ ] Jim will apply those changes to the Cores [ ] Jim and Nick will work to come up with a procedure for publishing the documents for CSD, CSPRD, or any other published version.

[07:17] Jad El-khoury (KTH): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-61

[07:18] Jad El-khoury (KTH): Discussion from previous meeting on the language in 2nd last paragraph of Section 6.2 - issue https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-61

[07:19] Jad El-khoury (KTH): nick: alternative proposal is in line and is correct

[07:20] Jad El-khoury (KTH): Jim: suggests adopting the text in issue 6.2

[07:20] Jad El-khoury (KTH): Jim: there is no need to vote on this proposal,

[07:20] Jad El-khoury (KTH): Martin: yes

[07:24] Jad El-khoury (KTH): Discussion: changes to ReSpec ...

[07:28] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick has addressed first two recommendations from Chet

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): ReSpec may need to be told how to deal with a multi-part spec

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Namespaces: These are not xml namespaces. Jim to respond to Chet

[07:30] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Call it RDF namespaces - both those we declare and those we use

[07:31] Martin Sarabura (PTC): "RDF Namespace Usage" maybe. May need to update ReSpec to handle title

[07:31] Martin Sarabura (PTC): ID references: Nick already did this

[07:32] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Template for updating status done, citation format easy

[07:32] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Appendix title done

[07:32] Martin Sarabura (PTC): None of the changes checked in yet

[07:33] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick going through reordering of some of the sections.

[07:33] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Short term: Want to finish off work in progress, hopefully early next week will be able to check in changes

[07:34] Martin Sarabura (PTC): May have an additional resource to take over ReSpec development

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick thinking about closing off continuing development, what we have is a branch off the W3C ReSpec

[07:38] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Our version has extensions to the W3C code - tricky to navigate the code because of the heterogeneous nature of the code

[07:39] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Recommend we bring all code over to our code base and maintain it as our own going forward

[07:39] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Not clear we're getting value out of ReSpec in its current form

[07:40] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Main argument for keeping it is consistency

[07:41] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: We could use Word templates

[07:41] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Probably not a good solution; Word templates are not that useful

[07:43] Martin Sarabura (PTC): "Handlebars" in our current ReSpec is an old version - templating language

[07:43] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Perhaps use templating languages in Node or Express

[07:44] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Short term, need to check in Nick's changes and finish the other necessary changes (just a couple)

[07:45] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick to also publish a version of config mgmt using the new code

[07:45] Martin Sarabura (PTC): See whether that is sufficient

[07:45] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Titles need to be generated also - Not clear we can automate in near term

[07:47] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim may come up with a script to deal with file names

[07:47] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Editing experience in sublime text - not "modern"

[07:48] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick uses mix of Eclipse and Adobe Dreamweaver

[07:48] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Current method inhibits collaborative editing

[07:49] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Whatever Nick can't do next week Jim will do by hand - recommend focus on things that can't be done manually

[07:50] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick out of time, have to drop out

[07:51] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick has conflict with next week's config mgmt meeting - will have to cancel

[07:51] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim to update email noting what has been fixed and update the to-do list


[07:52] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-45

[07:53] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin to confirm that we had a vote to resolve the issue

[07:54] Martin Sarabura (PTC): David Honey: Use Agent or FOAF:person?

[07:55] Martin Sarabura (PTC): No problem - resolved, just not checked off in Jim's notes

[07:55] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: More substantive issue is the spreadsheet.

[07:56] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin to read through SS and comment on resolutions

[07:57] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Some of it not done because relies on the ReSpec changes - we should wait until we re-publish before asking TAB to comment further

[07:58] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Meeting adjourned.

Meetings/Telecon2016.03.31 (last edited 2016-04-04 14:19:32 by sarabura)