Meetings/Telecon2016.06.09

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of May 26 minutes

  4. Next meeting June 23, 2016

  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Martin to ask TC to review link guidance document

    • Martin to set up electronic vote to propose the current set of documents as Committee Specification Publication Review Draft

    • Jim to request list of external stakeholders from OSLC Steering Committee
    • Jim to put CSD and CSPRD into SVN
    • Martin to ask TC Administrator whether there is a specific form we need to fill out to request publication of the CSPRD
    • If vote successful,
      • Martin to notify TC Administrator
      • Martin to notify OSLC LinkedIn group

    • Martin to ask Core TC to be prepared to discuss acceptance of Tracked Resource Sets and Indexable Linked Data Provider documents as next work product for the TC to consider
  6. Topics
    • Link guidance document
    • Work on TRS document as next task?
  7. Other business

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:05] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2016.05.26

[07:05] David Honey (IBM): David volunteered as scribe

[07:05] Harish (Software AG): joining the audio call shortly

[07:06] Harish (Software AG): sorry for the delay.

[07:06] David Honey (IBM): Next meeting June 23rd.

[07:10] Jad El-khoury (KTH): http://open-services.net/mailman/listinfo

[07:10] Jim Amsden (IBM): community@open-services.net

[07:13] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Wesley Coelho's list also (OSLC Steering Committee)

[07:13] Jad El-khoury (KTH): lyo-dev@eclipse.org

[07:18] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/oslc-core/trunk/supporting-docs/link-guidance.html

[07:20] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Still needs to another review. Should contact Ian Green and invite further comments.

[07:22] David Honey (IBM): Anti-pattern: Duplication of triples into other resources. Client should take account of which graph (provenance) to use when there are multiple graphs describing the same property of a resource.

[07:26] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Link guidance should probably be a living document.

[07:46] David Honey (IBM): TRS and Indexable Link providers.

[07:46] David Honey (IBM): General agreement that the two documents need to be somewhat merged.

[07:47] David Honey (IBM): The Indexable Link Provider document contains some info that should be in the TRS doc.

[07:47] David Honey (IBM): General agreement that these should be part of OSLC core

[07:48] David Honey (IBM): Nick; We should also discuss other requirements not currently addressed by the spec.

[07:48] David Honey (IBM): For example: Should event resource ionclude rdf types for selective indexing?

[07:49] David Honey (IBM): Example 2: If there are 2 trs:Creation events for the same resource, is that an error? Should the event include an etag?

[07:50] David Honey (IBM): Are there are enough TRS implementations to use as discussion.

[07:50] David Honey (IBM): Yes, in IBM, many used in Jazz Foundation and CLM applications.

[07:51] David Honey (IBM): David: Current TRS approach is solely pull-based. We've had some requirements for a push-based notification, perhaps using MQTT.

[07:51] David Honey (IBM): TRS 3.0 should aim for compatibility with TRS 2.0 consumer.

[07:53] David Honey (IBM): Proposal: TRS and ILDP combined into a single document + guidance document.

[07:53] Jim Amsden (IBM): +1

[07:53] Nick Crossley (IBM): +1

[07:53] Jad El-khoury (KTH): +1

[07:53] Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus): +1

[07:53] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[07:53] David Honey (IBM): Proposed by Jim, seconded by Martin.

[07:53] David Honey (IBM): +1

[07:54] David Honey (IBM): Migrate Query 2.0 to OSLC core 3.0?

[07:54] Harish (Software AG): +1

[07:54] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Accepted

[07:58] Nick Crossley (IBM): Have to drop for another call. My vote on a proposal to adopt OSLC 2.0 query would be +0

[08:00] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Make small editorial changes to move query to OASIS to make it easier to consume.

[08:00] David Honey (IBM): Jim proposal: OSLC Core undertake work to migrate to OASIS core spec.

[08:01] David Honey (IBM): +1

[08:01] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin second

[08:01] Jim Amsden (IBM): +1

[08:01] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[08:01] Jad El-khoury (KTH): +1

[08:01] Harish (Software AG): +1

[08:01] Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus): +1

[08:01] Martin Sarabura (PTC): accepted

[08:02] David Honey (IBM): Agreed to keep meetings at 1 hour duration.

[08:02] David Honey (IBM): Meeting adjourned.

Meetings/Telecon2016.06.09 (last edited 2016-06-09 18:44:30 by sarabura)