Meetings/Telecon2016.09.15

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of September 1 minutes

  4. Next meeting September 29, 2016

  5. Unresolved actions from previous meeting
    • Jim to send to Nick his notes re how he edits the files after running respec
    • Nick is to check whether trspatch is deployed publicly
    • Jim to propose method for access context discovery
    • Jim to define a more general approach than a fixed JSON-LD format
  6. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Nick to update example in issue 68 to use non-identifying team names per best practices
    • Nick to update proposal to limit delegated redirects to 5 as per https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

    • David to update proposal in issue 71 to describe cooperative producer+client.
  7. Topics
    • Notice of intent to submit committee specification public review draft next meeting

  8. Other business

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:14] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin volunteers to scribe

[07:14] List of attendees: David Honey (Persistent/IBM), Harish K (Software AG), Jad El-khoury (KTH), Jim Amsden (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC)

[07:14] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2016.09.01

[07:15] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Minutes accepted


[07:16] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim action item #1 done

[07:17] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick action item #2 not known - see if issue.

[07:17] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin to create issue if none exists

[07:17] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim action item #3 (method for access context discovery) - delegation of access context

[07:19] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Core issue 68 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-68

[07:20] Martin Sarabura (PTC): new property accdelegated

[07:21] Martin Sarabura (PTC): We had a vote on that which carried - Nick to update example so that Jim can have content to pull into the spec

[07:21] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2016.09.01 resolution passed

[07:22] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Waiting for Nick

[07:22] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Action item to be retained for next meeting

[07:24] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim action item #4 (to define a more general approach than a fixed JSON-LD format)

[07:24] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Brittle. Martin to create issue and assign to Jim

[07:24] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Will take some thought to avoid incompatibilities

[07:25] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Add Nick action items to comment on issue 68

[07:25] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Action item for Martin

[07:26] Martin Sarabura (PTC): David updated proposal for issue 71


[07:26] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Next topic: OSLC status.

[07:27] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Domain TC has been chartered - all encouraged to join

[07:27] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Not going to be a lot of work. Team to provide historical background that Jim does not have

[07:28] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Make incremental improvements to content


[07:28] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Public review on OSLC Core

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Notifications should be going to the committee - Martin to confirm this is the case

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): If we have no comments? What does that mean

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Possibility #1: We rock

[07:29] anonymous morphed into Harish K (Software AG)

[07:30] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Possibility #2: Insufficient motivation to comment

[07:30] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Possibility #3: Nobody read it

[07:31] Martin Sarabura (PTC): David: Can we get positive feedback?

[07:31] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Outreach required? OSLC community on LinkedIn

[07:32] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: No comments for whatever reason, we can vote to go to Committee Specification

[07:33] Martin Sarabura (PTC): 30 days for initial public review

[07:34] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Review ends September 28

[07:35] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Non-TC commentds: mailto:oslc-core-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin to check whether we are receiving these emails

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin/handling-the-comments-received-during-a-public-review

[07:37] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Where are the comments archived?

[07:38] Jim Amsden (IBM): https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oslc-core-comment/

[07:41] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim to subscribe to list

[07:41] Martin Sarabura (PTC): No comments received so far - neither from core comments nor from the tc mailing list

[07:42] Martin Sarabura (PTC): We can vote on Sep 29 if no comments received

[07:42] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Requires super-majority

[07:42] Harish K (Software AG): what does super-majority mean?

[07:43] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Majority of all voting members, not just the attendees

[07:43] Harish K (Software AG): Got it. Thanks.

[07:44] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Reason to delay? May wish to incorporate TRS into the multi-part specification.

[07:45] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin to add to minutes that we will be having vote if no negative feedback received

[07:46] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Haven't had time to work on TRS, suggest adjourn

[07:47] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Meeting adjourned

Meetings/Telecon2016.09.15 (last edited 2016-09-20 17:27:53 by sarabura)