Meetings/Telecon2016.09.29

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of September 15 minutes

  4. Next meeting October 13, 2016

  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Nick is to check whether trspatch is deployed publicly
    • Martin to post issue for above if doesn't exist already

    • Jim to propose method for access context discovery - see minutes below for more details
    • Jim to define a more general approach than a fixed JSON-LD format
    • Martin to create issue and assign to Jim

    • Nick to update example in issue 68 to use non-identifying team names per best practices
    • Nick to update proposal to limit delegated redirects to 5 as per https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

    • Martin to make sure we get notifications if somebody emails the core comments list
  6. Topics
    • (If no substantive feedback received) Vote to accept the multi-part submission as a Committee Specification
    • Statements of use
    • TRS document review
  7. Other business

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:08] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): David volunteered as scribe

[07:08] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2016.09.15

[07:09] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Minutes accepted.

[07:10] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Action: Nick to check whether trs patch was deployed. Yes it is.

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin to post issue for above if doesn't exist already

[07:11] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Action: Martin to post issue if trs patch issue did not exist. Issue should be closed.

[07:11] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-74

[07:12] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Action: Jim to propose method for access control discovery.

[07:12] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Action: To define more general approach than JSON-LD.

[07:13] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Action: Jim to define more general approach than JSON-LD. Still outstanding.

[07:13] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Last action can be removed.

[07:14] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Action: Nick to update example in issue 68 to use non-identifying team names per best practices. Now completed.

[07:15] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Action: Nick to update proposal to limit delegated redirects to 5 as per https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html. Has been done, can be removed.


[07:15] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oslc-core-comment/

[07:15] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): No comments received on public draft.

[07:16] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#committeeSpec

[07:17] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Rules are we don't need to wait 7 days as no comments were received.

[07:18] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Concern that no comments were received.

[07:20] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Should we vote for committee specification? Do we have sufficient voting members?

[07:21] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-core/members/attendance.php

[07:25] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Process appears to be that we notify Chet of vote to conduct ballot. Then ballot is done electronically.

[07:25] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Martin will submit ballot request to Chet.

[07:26] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Vote on submitting ballot request.

[07:26] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): on majority vote on committee spec

[07:27] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): David seconded.

[07:27] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): +1

[07:27] Harish K (Software AG): +1

[07:27] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[07:27] Jad El-khoury (KTH): +1

[07:27] Nick Crossley (IBM): +1

[07:27] Jim Amsden (IBM): +1

[07:27] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Proposal carried.

[07:28] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Action Item: Martin to submit request for majority vote for committee spec to Chet.


[07:31] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Next topic: Statement of use

[07:32] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): TC decides whether a statement of use is valid.

[07:33] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests

[07:36] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Do we need to have at least one implementation of 3.0 spec capabilities?

[07:37] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim: Statement of use should demonstrate the spec can satisfy the business motivations and use cases.

[07:38] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim: Do we have implementations that show implementability of the spec?

[07:38] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim: Could use some existing 2.0 implementations for part.

[07:39] Nick Crossley (IBM): See https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#dStatementUse

[07:39] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim: We should have at least one implementation of some of the new 3.0 capabilities/features.

[07:40] Nick Crossley (IBM): See also Chet's comments in https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201508/msg00138.html

[07:41] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Do we have any implementations using link headers?

[07:42] Nick Crossley (IBM): re link headers: no implementations that I am aware of

[07:45] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Steve Speicher and Sam Padgett had an Eclipse Lyo implementation for an early 3.0 spec.

[07:45] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): But it hasn't been updated as the 3.0 spec evolved.

[07:46] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim: Has looked at code.

[07:47] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Nick: If this was updated, believes this would be a valid statement of use.

[07:49] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Martin: TC member should review 3.0 spec elements not in 2.0 and decide which should be tested to get a valid statement of use.


[07:56] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oslc-core-comment/201609/msg00000.html

[07:58] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Martin: TC members should review comment (received 7 mins after we voted) and determine whether they are substantive enough to delay the request for a ballot./

[08:00] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Meeting adjourned.

Meetings/Telecon2016.09.29 (last edited 2016-09-29 18:15:19 by sarabura)