Meetings/Telecon2016.12.08

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of October 27 minutes

  4. Next meeting December 22, 2016

  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Martin to reply to Tim Meyer's comments
    • Jim to close issue 78
  6. Topics
  7. Other business

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

2016-12-08 GMT-08:00

[07:05] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): David volunteered as scribe.

[07:05] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): List of attendees: David Honey (Persistent/IBM), Harish K (Software AG), Jad El-khoury (KTH), Jim Amsden (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM)

[07:05] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2016.11.10

[07:06] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2016.10.27

[07:07] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Minutes of previous meeting approved (2016.10.27)

[07:08] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-82

[07:09] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Issue 82 not closed.

[07:11] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin to post an issue recommending we publish a guidance doc explaining approaches to representations of groups, hierarchies, and ordering - not done

[07:11] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Action item for Martin: Martin to post an issue recommending we publish a guidance doc explaining approaches to representations of groups, hierarchies, and ordering

[07:11] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-80

[07:11] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Not done yet.

[07:12] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-81 is still open.

[07:12] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-26

[07:14] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Issue 26 is resolved.

[07:16] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-25

[07:16] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim has to update specs to reflect decisions taken on issue 25.

[07:17] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Nick has to do similar on configuration management spec.

[07:18] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim to close https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-78

[07:29] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-81

[07:30] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim: Do we want to add langString to list of allowed data types?

[07:30] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim will update spec.

[07:31] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Recommendation: Need to make some small changes and then republish.

[07:32] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): What about vote for committee spec?

[07:32] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): If we republish, then need at least 15 days for public review comments.

[07:33] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim will document list of proposed changes.

[07:34] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Next meeting is 22nd Dec.

[07:35] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): David out that week. Others able to attend, so should have quorum.

[07:39] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-83

[07:41] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): oslc:allowedValues - spec says Reference. Agreed spec should allow Either (Inline or Reference).

[07:43] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Spec is at https://www.w3.org/Submission/shapes/

[07:43] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Linked to from http://open-services.net/specifications/resource-shapes-2.0/

[07:45] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim will update spec.

[07:46] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim will review other shapes where Reference is used to see if ought to be Either.

[07:46] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-84

[07:48] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Nick updated the descriptions at https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-ccm/branches/ext_error/specs/config-mgt/config-resources.html#longoperations

[07:48] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim fine with proposed changes.

[07:48] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Is this a substantive change?

[07:50] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Optional properties, upwards compatible.

[07:52] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#committeeSpec

[07:53] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): If Non-Material Changes have been made to the draft since its last public review then the TC must provide an acceptable summary that is clear and comprehensible of the changes made since the last public review and a statement that the changes are all Non-Material to TC Administration.

[07:53] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim will produce that summary for next meeting.

[07:55] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): From section 3.2 of that document: The TC may conduct any number of review cycles (e.g. approval to send a Committee Specification Draft to public review, collecting comments, making edits to the Committee Specification Draft, etc.). The initial public review of a public review draft must take place for a minimum of 30 days, and any subsequent reviews must be held for a minimum of 15 days.

[07:57] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim has to make those changes and get new committee spec draft to Chet for that 15 day period to start.

[07:59] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Vote on issue 84: Add the common property oslc:error as a likely reference to an instance of oslc:Error. Add dcterms:references as a common property. Add the following properties to the shape for oslc:Error : dcterms:created dcterms:references dcterms:identifier

[07:59] Nick Crossley (IBM): I propose the above

[08:00] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Martin: Seconded

[08:00] Nick Crossley (IBM): +1

[08:00] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): +1

[08:00] Jim Amsden (IBM)9: +1

[08:00] Harish K (Software AG): +1

[08:00] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[08:00] Jad El-khoury (KTH): +1

[08:01] Martin Sarabura (PTC): passed

[08:01] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Meeting adjourned

Meetings/Telecon2016.12.08 (last edited 2016-12-08 16:34:07 by sarabura)