Meetings/Telecon2017.01.19

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of January 5 minutes

  4. Next meeting February 2, 2017

  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Martin to review the SVN and if OK to submit request to Chet for a vote if it checks out
    • Nick to review changes related to oslc:Error
    • All TC members encouraged to review

  6. Topics
    • TBD
  7. Other business

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:03] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): David volunteered as scribe.

[07:04] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2017.01.05

[07:05] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Minutes of 5th Jan meeting approved.

[07:05] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Action items from previous meeting:

[07:06] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Nick to review oslc:Error changes. Jim received email from Nick indicating all ok.

[07:06] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim to create zip for TC review. Was done.

[07:10] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim to check in changes.

[07:11] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Once Chet has received changes, 15 day review period starts.

[07:13] Jim Amsden (IBM): TRS Issues - [ ] OSLCCORE-70 Define behaviour for two create events for the same tracked resource - [ ] OSLCCORE-71 Provide data in a TRS event for filtering - [ ] OSLCCORE-78 Find out if any public implementations of trspatch Can be resolved, there are many - [ ] OSLCCORE-68 Extend access context to support no

[07:14] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-70

[07:15] Jim Amsden (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-71

[07:15] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Issue 70 - not sure how this could happen. More thought required.

[07:19] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Issue 71 - provide a template to support filtering between cooperating TRS provider and TRS client.

[07:19] Jim Amsden (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-78

[07:19] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Issue 78 - can be closed. There are some implementations using TRS patch.

[07:22] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): DNG, RQM use TRS patch for oslc_config:Selections resource.

[07:23] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Would be useful to get comparison between LDP patch versus TRS patch.

[07:24] Jim Amsden (IBM): https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/ldpatch/ldpatch.html

[07:25] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Ian will add comment to issue 78.

[07:26] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Tracked Resource Set is not an LDPC, so LDP patch isn't that relevant.

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-68

[07:29] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Work in progress.

[07:30] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Ernest Mah: Concerns about efficiency, especially when large number of resources need to be fetched, such as initial index, or a re-index.

[07:31] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Applications could provide multiple TRSs to partition the data.

[07:35] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): TRS consumers currently have no mechanisms for dynamic discovery of TRSs.

[07:37] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jazz tools use rootservices, and this is largely a static XML document.

[07:38] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/oslc-core/trunk/specs/tracked-resource-set.html#discovery

[07:41] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Section does not describe how you discover the location of the data describing TRS.

[07:41] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): David will raise issue against this.

[07:44] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Created https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-85

[07:46] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim: Domains TC. There was an initial meeting, but seems to have gone quiet.

[07:52] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201609/msg00000.html

[07:53] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): David to email Gray Bachelor about domains TC and immediate goals/activities.

[07:53] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Ian will contact Gray re: RM domain.

[07:53] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim: Will contact Paul Tasillo to see if someone from RQM can participate.

[07:55] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Expect to receive e-Ballot email from Chet.

[07:56] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Meeting adjourned.

Meetings/Telecon2017.01.19 (last edited 2017-01-19 18:27:44 by sarabura)