Meetings/Telecon2017.02.02

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of January 19 minutes

  4. Next meeting February 16, 2017

  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Jim to check in zip file and notify Martin, who will submit request to OASIS TAB for super-majority vote.
    • David to raise an issue: Document does not describe how you discover the location of the data describing TRS. (already done)

    • David and Ian to contact Gray Bachelor re Domains TC
    • Jim to contact Paul Tasillo to see if someone from RQM can participate
  6. Topics
    • TBD
  7. Other business

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:06] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin volunteers to be scribe

[07:06] List of attendees: Harish K (Software AG), Jad El-khoury (KTH), Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus), Jim Amsden (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM)

[07:06] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2017.01.19

[07:06] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Minutes accepted

[07:07] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin moves to approve the Chair requesting that TC Administration hold a Special Majority Vote to approve OSLC Core Specification v3 draft 2 contained in https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/oslc-core/trunk/pub/csprd02.zip as a Committee Specification, affirming that changes have been made since the last public review, that the changes made are documented in the same zip file, and that the TC judges these changes to be Non-Material in accordance with the definition in the OASIS TC Process (http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#dNonmaterialChange).

[07:09] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: We had already approved this, what is different?

[07:11] Martin Sarabura (PTC): This is a new resolution, supercedes the previous

[07:11] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Shouldn't publish resolution in wiki - needs to be in an email which is more permanent

[07:12] Martin Sarabura (PTC): "Non-Material Change" is any change to the content of a Work Product that does not add or remove any feature of the Work Product and that: (a) constitutes only error corrections, editorial changes, or formatting changes; or (b) is a pro forma change to content required by TC Administration.

[07:13] Martin Sarabura (PTC): work product = the multi-document spec

[07:14] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Properties that were not there before

[07:19] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin moves that the TC approve submitting OSLC Core Specification v3 draft 2 contained inhttps://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/oslc-core/trunk/pub/csprd02.zip for 15 days public review.

[07:20] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim seconds

[07:21] Jim Amsden (IBM): +1

[07:21] Nick Crossley (IBM): +1

[07:21] Harish K (Software AG): +1

[07:21] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[07:21] Jad El-khoury (KTH): +1

[07:21] Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus): +1

[07:21] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Accepted

[07:22] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Other action items: Contacting Gray re domains tc

[07:23] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Gray has been pinged

[07:23] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Maybe bandwith issues? Really need to proceed on this

[07:24] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim willing to help, but can't own it.

[07:24] Martin Sarabura (PTC): (Jim A)

[07:25] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jad: Interest in distributing the work generally

[07:26] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin to follow up on ProStep meeting - any volunteers from that?

[07:26] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Are you (Martin) interested in co-chairing?

[07:27] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin: Potentially... but it's not likely

[07:28] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Best for me to advise.

[07:28] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin to report back for next meeting on the situation in general

[07:28] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Action item to talk to Gray

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Final action item for Jim to contact Paul T re volunteers from RQM?

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Leave on the list

[07:30] Martin Sarabura (PTC): To main agenda: Progress on TRS spec

[07:31] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Correction, still following up on respec issues

[07:31] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Seems to work now, not sure what happened that caused Nick to see errors

[07:32] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Situation resolved

[07:32] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick deserves kudos for the work he has done

[07:33] Martin Sarabura (PTC): TRS - where are we now, new feature request

[07:34] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Current status: 3 documents originally, 2.0 spec, indexed link provider on open-services.net, was used to inform implementations, other guidance information that would be useful to include in spec

[07:34] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Now a single document, converted to respec, Jim has reviewed

[07:35] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Could use a more thorough review

[07:35] Martin Sarabura (PTC): 3 open issues

[07:35] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Define behavior of 2 create events in same change log (issue 70)

[07:35] Jim Amsden (IBM): - [ ] OSLCCORE-70 Define behaviour for two create events for the same tracked resource

[07:35] Jim Amsden (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-70

[07:35] Jim Amsden (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-71

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): 71 is related to new feature request

[07:36] Jim Amsden (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-78

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Covers some of the same requirement - will discuss with new feature

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): 78 is resolved?

[07:37] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Public implementations of TRS Patch - compatibility with LDP Patch

[07:37] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Found implementations so we'll have to retain TRS patch

[07:37] Jim Amsden (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-68

[07:37] Martin Sarabura (PTC): New feature 68

[07:37] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Extending access context to support notion of delegated context

[07:37] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Documented in the issue.

[07:38] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Changes update large # of resources

[07:39] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Next steps? TC review

[07:40] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Would like to see simple issues (68 & 70) dealt with as part of the review

[07:42] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Premature to propose OSLC extension though we may have an implementation after a few months

[07:43] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Ernest asking us to entertain the need, he could go try

[07:43] Martin Sarabura (PTC): With a straw man implementation we could consider extending the feature into TRS

[07:43] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Therefore it's more of a suggestion for implementation rather than a feature request

[07:44] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Tracked resource set defines base + change set

[07:45] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Does not actually have any data, list of references to things, not the things themselves

[07:45] Martin Sarabura (PTC): ILDP extends TRS with additional capabilities like LDPCs and LDPRs

[07:45] Martin Sarabura (PTC): + access context + TRS patch

[07:45] Martin Sarabura (PTC): TRS Patch includes a change log of properties change or created

[07:46] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Gets on those resources not needed, changes are inlined in the patch

[07:46] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Correction TRS patch obviates need for extra get - it's inlined

[07:47] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Only contain URLs, client typically needs the data associated with those resources, and must do GET on each of the resources

[07:47] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Therefore TRS patch is intended to eliminate those extra GETs

[07:48] Martin Sarabura (PTC): eg., small change in the old TRS would require getting entire list of resources

[07:48] Martin Sarabura (PTC): via LDPC GET

[07:49] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Applies only to update and not create

[07:49] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: ILDP language may not make this clear

[07:50] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: TRS can get to be very large, and change log very large, for server to reindex from base could take long time

[07:50] Martin Sarabura (PTC): No way for client to page or batch up the GETs

[07:51] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Define a TRS to group up members by some means

[07:51] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Related information, pages, etc. Client does a get on that partition if it knew the partition existed

[07:52] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Partitions would be part of TRS - would be included in it

[07:53] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Hierarchy of partitions? How to determine which partition(s) have changes?

[07:54] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Is any change required in the spec?

[07:55] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Suppose change to LDPC. Can request the properties of the LDPC not the contents.

[07:55] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Add prefer header to get members inline?

[07:56] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Then tool can publish a number of LDPCs that honor the prefer header

[07:56] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Change event listener uses eTags to not re-read resources that are already indexed

[07:56] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Can skip the ones that are unchanged

[07:57] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: So, grouping is LDPC and proposal is to move the grouping outside of TRS

[07:58] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Is there such a prefer header already?

[07:58] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Thinking no

[07:59] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: How would RTCs implement that?

[08:00] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Proposing grouping method in TRS spec that defines a kind of query

[08:00] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Server still has to change

[08:00] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Meeting adjourned

Meetings/Telecon2017.02.02 (last edited 2017-02-02 20:14:12 by sarabura)