Meetings/Telecon2017.02.16

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of February 2 minutes

  4. Next meeting March 2, 2017

  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Jim to contact Gray Bachelor re Domains TC
    • Jim to contact Paul Tasillo to see if someone from RQM can participate
  6. Topics
    • TBD
  7. Other business

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:10] Nick Crossley (IBM): I will scribe

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): thanks!

[07:11] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim Gammon introduces himself. Uses IBM and PTC products. Jim has an interest in Configuration Management. Interested in the standards and how they evolve, and wants to be in a position to influence those standards.

[07:12] Nick Crossley (IBM): List of attendees: Harish K (Software AG), Jad El-khoury (KTH), Jim Amsden (IBM), Jim Gammon (RTN), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM)

[07:13] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2017.02.02

[07:13] Nick Crossley (IBM): Minutes accepted

[07:13] Nick Crossley (IBM): Next meeting March 2nd.

[07:13] Nick Crossley (IBM): Action items:

[07:14] Nick Crossley (IBM): First, Jim to check in zip file and notify Martin, who will submit request to OASIS TAB for super-majority vote.

[07:14] Nick Crossley (IBM): Chet had reviewed that zip file, and had some requests for editorial/format corrections, which Jim has applied and resubmitted to Chet.

[07:15] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: they may be a new change ReSpec required - the titles of the Additional Documents need to be in italic.

[07:15] Nick Crossley (IBM): Also some minor corrections to dates, URLs, etc.

[07:15] Nick Crossley (IBM): Chet expects to have the result published shortly - perhaps later this week. That will mark the start of the 15 day review period.

[07:16] Nick Crossley (IBM): Other open action: David and Ian to contact Gray Bachelor re Domains TC, and Jim to contact Paul Tasillo to see if someone from RQM can participate.

[07:17] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: No progress on this. Gray is too busy to contribute at this time. Jim does not have time to edit all the specs to move to the Domains TC. Has not yet managed to contact Paul Tasillo.

[07:18] Nick Crossley (IBM): Martin: need to talk to steering committee about this. Martin also does not have additional time to contribute significantly to the Domains TC.

[07:19] Nick Crossley (IBM): Action item: Jim to send Nick details of ReSpec changes needed.

[07:19] Nick Crossley (IBM): And then one for Nick to make those changes!

[07:20] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: has started reviewing the spec for TRS. Too much overlap between Introduction and Base Concepts. Those two sections are marked informative, but they contain some MUST or MUST NOT statements. So editing is needed.

[07:21] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: question on definition of change log. Spec says change log describes changes 'since inception'.

[07:22] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick: this was not the intent. The change log must contain changes from the base.

[07:24] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick: Clients need to keep track of which parts of the change log they have or have not read.

[07:24] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick: Providers may update the base, and truncate the change log.

[07:28] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick & Jim discussed historical basis of terminology and naming of the TRS and ILDP spec - the 'indexing' part is just one example of the purpose a client might have when using a TRS, but this does not need to be part of the formal spec - it might appear in a use case description.

[07:30] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim wants to explore some of the issues, including performance, but wants to get a round of edits first to address the structural issues noted above first.

[07:30] Nick Crossley (IBM): Expects to have a more reviewable copy in a week or two.

[07:30] Nick Crossley (IBM): Or even by the end of this week!

[07:31] Nick Crossley (IBM): Action item: Jim to send note to TC mailing list when the spec is in a reviewable state.

[07:31] Nick Crossley (IBM): Martin: everyone is then encouraged to read and comment.

[07:33] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: thinks we may be ready for public review in a month or so.

[07:33] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim, Martin: feedback from this TC review should go to the TC mailing list, noting that it is TRS draft review in the email subject.

[07:34] Nick Crossley (IBM): No other business.

[07:35] Nick Crossley (IBM): Meeting adjourned.

Meetings/Telecon2017.02.16 (last edited 2017-03-01 19:08:01 by sarabura)