Meetings/Telecon2017.05.11

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of April 27 minutes

  4. Next meeting May 25, 2017

  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Martin to write up formal proposal, to be voted on next meeting (on the quality/nature/contents of acceptable Statements of Use)
    • Jim to ask whether a summer co-op may be available to work on the v3 reference implementation
    • Jim to look at moving the Eclipse 3.0 implementation to Github
    • Jim to poll the OSLC community on the subject
  6. Topics
    • Statement of use proposal
    • TRS
  7. Other business

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:04] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin will scribe today

[07:04] List of attendees: Harish K (Software AG), Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus), Jim Amsden, Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM), ian green

[07:05] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2017.04.27

[07:05] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Accepted

[07:06] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jad will be 15 min lates

[07:07] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: No coops

[07:07] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin to investigate PTC options

[07:08] Martin Sarabura (PTC): PTC may have volunteer programmers

[07:08] Martin Sarabura (PTC): TC to consider alternative resources to help with the v3 ref implementation work

[07:09] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim to look at moving the OSLC v3 implementation in Eclipse to Github

[07:09] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Action from previous meeting

[07:09] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Licensing issues?

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Eclipse license - do we need to feed back to the Eclipse repository if we make modifications?

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): May not conform to the Eclipse process - not sure you can just move it

[07:12] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Need to look at original wording

[07:12] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Action: Jim to check on EPL terms

[07:13] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Contributing back to Eclipse.org may not be so bad anyway? Requires gerrit, review, committer privileges

[07:14] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Moving it to github is making easy problem easier - hard problem is finding contributors

[07:15] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim considering moving sample code and other bits out of the code base anyway

[07:16] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jad joined - unable to put it together

[07:16] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Still looking for volunteers

[07:17] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Last action item: Jim to poll the OSLC community, will first find out about licensing and then can follow up on this action item

[07:19] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Statement of use

[07:20] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Clarification of language needed - SoU submitters will have to indicate that their implementation is indeed a valid SoU for v3

[07:25] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#dStatementUse

[07:26] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Whereas Core OSLC v3 is explicitly compatible with Core OSLC v2 with the exception of two optional features attachments and LDP mechanisms, and conformant to the "Statement of Use" clause in the OASIS process (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#dStatementUse) the committee proposes to accept existing implementations of Core OSLC v2 as acceptable statements of use with the requirement that after review, submitters attest that their existing v2 implementation conforms to the v3 specification.

[07:27] Martin Sarabura (PTC): What are our criteria for acceptable SoU?

[07:28] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Spectrum from HTTP server to full V3 including all optional features

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Is a "reasonable" v2 implementation the minimum acceptable for this TC?

[07:30] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: ...the committee propose to accept subsets of v3 as valid sou including v2 subsets

[07:31] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Want to reach out to OSLC community and ask for v3 sou's

[07:32] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: TC considers that a valid statement of use for v2 is also a valid statement of use for v3

[07:33] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: A v2 subset of v3 is sufficient for submission as a sou for 3

[07:34] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jad: Since v2 is not an OASIS standard, should we even bother to reference v2?

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): The TC can decide what normative reference we make to other documents, but any references we make are not explicitly v2 references

[07:38] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: We should agree on what will be acceptable, at least

[07:39] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Whereas Core OSLC v3 is explicitly compatible with Core OSLC v2 with the exception of two optional features attachments and LDP mechanisms, and conformant to the "Statement of Use" clause in the OASIS process (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#dStatementUse) the committee will consider current implementations of OSLC as candidate statements of use for the v3 specification.

[07:40] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim seconds

[07:40] ian green: ok for ian

[07:41] ian green: +1

[07:41] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[07:41] Jim Amsden: +1

[07:41] Jad El-khoury (KTH): +1

[07:41] Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus): +1

[07:41] Harish K (Software AG): +1

[07:41] Nick Crossley (IBM): +1

[07:41] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Accepted.

[07:41] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: On publishing the material...

[07:42] Martin Sarabura (PTC): OSLC namespaces

[07:42] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Found instructions for open-services.net

[07:42] Martin Sarabura (PTC): No mention of how to update namespaces

[07:46] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim to send a note to find out how to make the changes

[07:47] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Client gets different URL depending on the accept header

[07:47] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim has a set of proposals for changes that we want to make

[07:48] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Asking for rdf or whatever has to be redirected to ttl source file

[07:49] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim to send note to mailing list re set of changes, but still don't know how to actually make the changes

[07:49] Jim Amsden: Brian King <brian.king@koneksys.com>

[07:50] Martin Sarabura (PTC): TC should be aware that Brian is going to make changes to the site

[07:50] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Shouldn't Brian be aware of how the current one is supposed to work in order to make the appropriate changes?

[07:51] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim has received some documentation from previous participants but he can't simply forward that to Brian

[07:51] Martin Sarabura (PTC): TCs should discuss migration of open-services.net and set criteria for what content needs to be migrated

[07:52] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Agenda item for next meeting

[07:52] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: open-services.net has already been through one major update

[07:53] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim to send email to all TCs including CCM, Promcode, domains, steering committee

[07:53] Nick Crossley (IBM): oslc-ccm@lists.oasis-open.org

[07:54] Jim Amsden: http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Vocabulary-index/

[07:54] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim as promcode mailing list, will send email right after meeting

[07:54] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: On TRS, expecting update from Nick

[07:55] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick has been away, action item to do his edits and send update back to Jim

[07:56] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Meeting adjourned

Meetings/Telecon2017.05.11 (last edited 2017-05-23 17:23:31 by sarabura)