Meetings/Telecon2017.07.06

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of June 22 minutes

  4. Next meeting July 20, 2017

  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Martin to post request for volunteers for v3 implementation work to Eclipse Lyo dev community
    • Jim to ask Brian King to see if core can be published on open-services.net
    • Jim to generate a PDF from each of the old specs and store in the TC documents folders
    • Nick to review TRS spec
  6. Topics
    • What content need to be preserved on open-services.net?
    • Getting statements of use
    • TRS
  7. Other business

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:05] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin will scribe today

[07:05] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2017.06.22

[07:05] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Minutes accepted

[07:06] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin will post to Eclipse Lyo dev community

[07:06] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Eclipse Lyo RIO to github

[07:06] Martin Sarabura (PTC): managed through github now

[07:07] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Andrew introduction

[07:07] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Involved with Eclipse Lyo since last April, now studying full time at kth

[07:08] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Lyo work still needs due diligence - Eclipse contributor agreement needs to be signed, should ease process

[07:09] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Moving to github will still be done under Eclipse, due diligence, etc via the Eclipse framework

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Andrew: Discuss moving some Lyo users to public OSLC github?

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Main concern is getting a v3 ref implementation

[07:11] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Also, migrating the TRS specification and also we should add migrating OSLC Query

[07:11] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Have we covered everything we need for resource preview?

[07:11] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Code generator is a nice way of building oslc adapters

[07:12] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Would like code generator to generate OSLC V3, layered on top of existing code generator to ensure compatibilty with v2

[07:13] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Actions: Verify appendix that describes the compact resource XML representation is migrated to OASIS, and also migrate OSLC query

[07:14] Nick Crossley (IBM): Will be joining con call soon - was held up on customer call

[07:15] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Should we do query? Doesn't belong on open-services

[07:16] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Add to rev2 committee specification; find all v2 references that need to be normative and change them to migrated versions of the same content

[07:17] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Then we need to decide where we want to migrate that to. Query could be its own spec, preview could be an appendix to existing docs

[07:18] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim to create appropriate issues

[07:19] Martin Sarabura (PTC): PDF Documents from v2 all stored now in TC documents folders - our v2 reference should point at these documents now

[07:21] Martin Sarabura (PTC): There have been issues on open-services.net website

[07:22] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Perhaps we can even change old wiki references to the new OASIS documents

[07:22] Martin Sarabura (PTC): JIm: Leave old site as is, new site moving along. SC will make call on when to go to new site

[07:23] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Can also change spec links from the new site to the oasis documents - old urls will be going to pdf documents on oasis instead of wiki pages on old open-services.net

[07:24] Martin Sarabura (PTC): koneksys will advise when we can start reviewing

[07:24] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Old site will be archived. Do we know whether the wiki will continue to serve pages?

[07:25] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Presumably wiki software itself will not be moved

[07:26] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Need to ask Brian King to clarify

[07:26] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin to ask Brian, to report at communications committee meeting

[07:27] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick to cancel ccm meeting next week, hopes to spend time addressing OSLC backlog next week. Rather long list

[07:28] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick submitted a few issues to Lyo, need to set up Gerrit to get issues processed and approved

[07:28] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Link to how to use Gerrit with Lyo? Andrew sent link recently?

[07:29] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim has notes re how to use Lyo process. Andrew can advise on all aspects.

[07:30] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim to send his notes to Andrew; perhaps update the instructions?

[07:30] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Andrew: No guidance on Git currently

[07:31] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Re TRS, where are we currently?

[07:32] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Summarize as spec has too many opinions about how people shoudl use TRS, rather than just the spec itself

[07:33] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Task is to separate fact from opinion where possible to distill out the normative spec

[07:33] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Original author talked about being careful not to allow provider A to talk about provider B's resources, but in many cases that's a reasonable thing to do

[07:34] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Some comments seemed editorial...

[07:34] Martin Sarabura (PTC): There was some duplication, editorial, requires significant contextual editing

[07:35] Martin Sarabura (PTC): That plus Gerrit are the top 2 items on Nick's list for next week

[07:35] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Andrew re interest in TRS? Investigating using MQTT as transport for delivering events

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Only push, not pull. Jim: Pull needed for compatibility

[07:37] Martin Sarabura (PTC): David: Collection of tracked resources, need to discover first time, then you can subscribe

[07:37] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Andrew: MQTT has "retain messages" subscription - allows client to catch up

[07:38] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jim: Considered push semantics to be out of scope, in part because not enough people to work on it

[07:39] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Nick: Need spec for existing implementations, plus push

[07:39] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Push will have to be completely optional

[07:40] Martin Sarabura (PTC): David: Some implementations not good about guaranteeing delivery.

[07:41] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Need a round of review; depends on time frames. Should also have at least one reference implementation

[07:43] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Once Nick's review is done, need a quick round of TC review

[07:44] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Need to ensure we're not excluding adding push semantics to spec

[07:45] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Code for TRS client and server implementation based on Lyo in gitlab, investigating how to make available

[07:45] Martin Sarabura (PTC): This would be an implementation of current spec? If not, why not?

[07:46] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Did code start from TRS spec, or ILDP spec? TRS not ILDP

[07:46] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Time frame for getting code done? Probably in August push to Gerrit; need to notify Eclipse legal, may be some IBM intellectual property

[07:47] Martin Sarabura (PTC): TRS server library published as jar on maven server

[07:48] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Client will be released also, just not on maven

[07:52] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Jad: Holidays? May request leave of absence if you are going to miss more than one meeting in a row

[07:52] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Meeting adjourned

Meetings/Telecon2017.07.06 (last edited 2017-07-06 15:42:09 by sarabura)