Meetings/Telecon2017.08.31

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of Aug 3 minutes

  4. Meeting on Aug 17 cancelled

  5. Next meeting Sep 7, 2017

  6. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Nick to complete his initial edits on the TRS specification in preparation for TC review
    • Jim to complete initial migration of OSLC query specification in preparation for initial TC review
  7. Topics
    • TBD
  8. Other business

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

Jim Amsden: Jim Scribe

Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2017.08.03

Jim Amsden: Minutes approved

Jim Amsden: Next meeting Sep 7, 1/2 hr followed by Domains TC meeting for 1/2 hr - all encouraged to join both TCs and participate in both meetings.

Jim Amsden: OSLC Core TC will focus on Core 3.x, TRS and Config Management

Jim Amsden: Previous Actions:

Jim Amsden: Nick complete edits on TRS for TC review - in progress, but not completed

Jim Amsden: About to create the new doc structure in SCM

Jim Amsden: Project TRS updates done before Dec 7 meeting.

Jim Amsden: It will need an end-to-end TC review. Nick will send an email to the list when it is ready to review.

List of attendees: Andrew Berezovskyi, Harish K (Software AG), Jad El-khoury (KTH), Jim Amsden, Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM), anonymous, ian green Jim Amsden: Action: Jim to complete OSLC query spec migration

Jim Amsden: Started, but not completed.

Martin Sarabura (PTC): 3 new pieces TRS, Config, query

Jim Amsden: Recommend publishing Query, TRS and Config Management as separate documents to avoid having to rev the core multi-part specifications which requires a lot of extra work

Jim Amsden: Selected properties should probably be decoupled from Query and puts into the existing Core multi-part specification.

Jim Amsden: query is a more expensive spec to implement and may be better to keep independent.

Jim Amsden: Action: move selected properties into Core multi-part specification

Jim Amsden: Action: complete migration of Query into a separate Core document - not part of the multi-part specification.

Jim Amsden: Multi-part specifications are more appropriate for factoring a large document into more independently editable parts, but all parts are considered part of a whole

Jim Amsden: Query, TRS and Config Management can be independenly published Core documents

Jim Amsden: Multi-part specifications may also have independently implementable parts.

Jim Amsden: Nick is removing the TRS client sections as a committee note, since only the provider/server should be normative.

Jim Amsden: Next Core meeting should review key deliverables, establish a schedule, ensure sufficient issues have been created to track the work, and have appropriate assignments

Jim Amsden: Three key deliverables:

Jim Amsden: 1. Selected Properties and OSLC Query updates and documents

Jim Amsden: 2. TRS specification

Jim Amsden: 3. Config Management Specification

Jim Amsden: Subcommittees can be used to do more focused work on these areas, and presenting the results for approval and adoption by the core TC

Meetings/Telecon2017.08.31 (last edited 2017-09-06 15:54:04 by sarabura)