Meetings/Telecon2018.06.14

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of June 7 minutes

  4. Next meeting June 21, 2018

  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • TBD
  6. Topics
    • TRS meeting in an hour
    • Request a switch to the TC Terse scheme for Jira notifications. (Andrew)
    • Can the OSLC Prolog library be helpful as a future statement of use? (Andrew)

    • Ways OSLC can prevent ossification given that we don't want to do versioning yet retain the ability to develop the standard beyond 3.0. See the discussion on preventing the ossification in TLS. (Andrew)

  7. Other business

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Jim Amsden

Scribe

Ian Green

Attendees

Resolutions

  1. Andrew is proposing that oslc core tc is removed from CC on each notification (carried).

Actions

  1. Jim to ask Chet to switch the OSLC Core JIRA notifications scheme to "TC Terse".
  2. Martin to reschedule the Core TC meeting (proposed to extend the Core TC length to a full hour and reserve an hour-long slot following the Core TC meetings for subcommittee meetings when needed).

Chat transcript from room: oslc

David Honey (Persistent/IBM):Jim we're not hearing you

Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH):https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2018.06.07

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2018.06.07

Jim Amsden1:Scribe: Ian

ian green:ian to scribe

ian green:Minutes approved

ian green:Retraction - minutes are not approved (they seem to be missing)

ian green:core meeting today 30 mins; domain meeting follows core meeting today.

ian green:Discussion whether to hold the scheduled TRS call

ian green:List of attendees: Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH), David Honey (Persistent/IBM), Jad El-khoury (KTH), Jad El-khoury (KTH)1, Jim Amsden, Jim Amsden1, Nick Crossley (IBM), ian green

Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH):https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2018.06.14

David Honey (Persistent/IBM):+1

ian green:Starting next week, core meeting will be 1hr. Action on Martin to reschedule.

ian green:Jim proposes that domain meeting remain half an hour - the preceeding half hour.

ian green:Jim - we don't have cttee spec draft on outstanding docs.

ian green:Configmanagement has outstanding editorial changes and there is the need for an RFC to cover the new header

ian green:Nick giving priority to TRS

ian green:nearing the end of TRS work

ian green:Proposal to move domains meeting needs to be discussed at the domain meeting

ian green:Nick will do TRS spec editing; others to review.

ian green:Jim: conformance clauses; core spec does not have sufficient conformance clauses. Jim proposing to develop.

ian green:Andrew - can there be a list of adoption items from v2 to v3. Jim - there was a cttee note, now obsolete, which detailed differences.

ian green:Jim points out the v2 -> v3 changes are additive. Agreement that such a document is necessary.

ian green:Jim publishing cttee note is onerous - but seems necessary in this case

ian green:Jim was suggesting adding appendix to core document to avoid overhead of new publication

ian green:Discussion on "what are the oslc conformance requirements".

ian green:Andrew- can we have a cttee vote so that we can change JIRA settings to reduce email traffic.

ian green:Chet needs cttee agreement to make such a change

ian green:Andrew is proposing that oslc core tc is removed from CC on each notification.

Jim Amsden1:seconded

David Honey (Persistent/IBM):+1

Nick Crossley (IBM):Nick seconds

Jim Amsden1:+1

Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH):+1

ian green:+1

Jad El-khoury (KTH):+1

Nick Crossley (IBM):+1

Motion carried.

Meetings/Telecon2018.06.14 (last edited 2018-06-20 14:45:15 by sarabura)