Meetings/Telecon2018.08.09

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of Meetings/Telecon2018.08.02 minutes

  4. Next meeting Meetings/Telecon2018.08.30

  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • TBD
  6. Topics
    • Continued review of query spec
  7. Other business

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[14:09] Martin Sarabura: Martin to scribe
[14:10] Martin Sarabura: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2018.08.02
[14:11] Martin Sarabura: Jim confirms that previous minutes lacked note that the minutes were accepted
[14:11] Martin Sarabura: Minutes accepted
[14:11] Martin Sarabura: Further discussion of query?
[14:12] Martin Sarabura: Error handling section is next
[14:12] Martin Sarabura: Error handling sprinkled throughout the document - consolidate?
[14:13] Jim Amsden: https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/trunk/specs/oslc-query.html
[14:14] Martin Sarabura: Section 11
[14:15] Martin Sarabura: oslc.properties resolution - overlap with .select but can't change existing spec
[14:16] Martin Sarabura: At least one example to demonstrate use of oslc.properties with a query
[14:17] Martin Sarabura: David had a statement that clarified the distinction between the two
[14:17] Martin Sarabura: Jim re examples: Many had encoded query string
[14:18] Martin Sarabura: Every example shows both - reading encoded value is not user-friendly
[14:18] Martin Sarabura: Good for copy/paste - but postman will encode them for you of course
[14:19] Martin Sarabura: Back to errors - re consolidation
[14:20] Martin Sarabura: Recommend an intro statement indicating we use standard OSLC error handling, and another statement saying examples are found in this document, and a final talkking about any additional notes
[14:22] Martin Sarabura: Check for duplicates!
[14:23] Martin Sarabura: Thanks to David for a job well done
[14:23] Martin Sarabura: Schedule for getting a reviewable version of this document?
[14:24] Martin Sarabura: Out next 2 weeks
[14:24] Martin Sarabura: David figures 1 maybe 2 days of editing
[14:24] Martin Sarabura: Jim to add conformance clauses
[14:25] Martin Sarabura: David to remove red editorial comments
[14:25] Martin Sarabura: Close issues? Some of them did not receive a formal vote
[14:25] Martin Sarabura: Need to go through them and vote on whether the issues had been addressed
[14:26] Martin Sarabura: After editing is done
[14:26] Martin Sarabura: Paging - core did not have many examples, the one included in the query doc came from an RTC example
[14:27] Martin Sarabura: Jim recommends we not use localhost in examples
[14:27] Martin Sarabura: example.com is usually what we use
[14:28] Martin Sarabura: Useful to do these examples with curl?
[14:28] Martin Sarabura: David uses httprequestor
[14:29] Martin Sarabura: Records history, allows inline editing and resubmit
[14:29] Martin Sarabura: curl also has history
[14:29] Martin Sarabura: via shell history
[14:31] Martin Sarabura: Query now done for today - move on to TRS?
[14:31] Martin Sarabura: Nick: Not ready for review yet, probably 2nd meeting in September
[14:34] Martin Sarabura: Nick: Will be able Aug 16, not the 23rd, 30th not sure yet. David available on the 30th. Martin away 23rd.
[14:35] Martin Sarabura: Andrew: Question today: Issue filed on Jira?
[14:35] Martin Sarabura: "Summer break" on the 16th and 23rd
[14:36] Martin Sarabura: Behavior re unknown properties on server - not defined in domain spec
[14:37] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-178
[14:37] Martin Sarabura: Issue 178
[14:39] Martin Sarabura: David: # of applications where if you POST or PUT with undefined properties, most implementations return bad request
[14:39] Martin Sarabura: Don't want to mislead client into thinking the property was acceptable
[14:40] Martin Sarabura: Nick: LDP wording is good - OSLC adopt it? Or just reference the LDP spec?
[14:42] Martin Sarabura: David: Generally applications will tend to ignore it
[14:43] Martin Sarabura: SHOULD NOT consistent with MUST
[14:43] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): The Service SHOULD NOT return an error code for unrecognized content.
[14:43] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): LDP servers must respond with an appropriate 4xx range status code
[14:44] Martin Sarabura: Is MUST too strong?
[14:44] Martin Sarabura: Server should be allowed to store the content even if it doesn't recognize what it is
[14:45] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): If an otherwise valid HTTP PUT request is received that contains properties the server chooses not to persist, e.g. unknown content, LDP servers must respond with an appropriate 4xx range status code
[14:45] Martin Sarabura: That conditional must is OK
[14:47] Martin Sarabura: The distinction chooses not to persist is perhaps not saying anything
[14:48] Martin Sarabura: Nick: Recommend either reference LDP or copy the paragraphs
[14:48] Martin Sarabura: David: Do we even have a section in core in which it would go?
[14:48] Martin Sarabura: Resource operations section 4.6
[14:49] Martin Sarabura: Reinforces need to update differences document
[14:49] Jim Amsden: http://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/oslc-core/v3.0/csprd03/part1-overview/oslc-core-v3.0-csprd03-part1-overview.html#resourceOperations
[14:49] Martin Sarabura: Andrew: first question people would ask is "whwat is changed from 2.0?"
[14:52] Martin Sarabura: Propose add explanation re unknown properties to 4.6, and to add anything more to say re version compatibility we put it in 5.0
[14:52] Martin Sarabura: There is a separate document for 2.0 changes but it would need to be rewritten
[14:53] Martin Sarabura: Original thinking was to have parallel implementations of OSLC on a server - 1, 2, 3 each incompatible - this committee decided to be explicitly compatible
[14:54] Martin Sarabura: Between 2 and 3
[14:56] Martin Sarabura: David: Adding short bit of text to core spec makes it easier to read
[14:57] Martin Sarabura: Jim will update section 5; if you find other differences please do recommend changes
[14:57] Martin Sarabura: Andrew to recommend text for 4.6
[14:58] Martin Sarabura: Schedule vote for next meeting
[14:58] Martin Sarabura: Aug 30
[14:58] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): http://www.hyrumslaw.com/
[14:58] Martin Sarabura: Start by proposing text in issue first
[15:00] Martin Sarabura: Meeting adjourned

Meetings/Telecon2018.08.09 (last edited 2018-08-30 15:06:21 by sarabura)