Meetings/Telecon2018.10.11

Event details

Agenda

  1. Scribe nomination
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of Meetings/Telecon2018.10.04 minutes

  4. Next meeting Meetings/Telecon2018.10.18

  5. Actions from the previous meeting
    • Martin to do quality review of all core documents
    • Jim to ask Chet about how to reference relative links internal to the current version
    • Jim to do quality review of query spec
    • Nick to update config management spec to reflect decision in issue 183

    • Andrew to propose reconsideration of issue 9 with emphasis on what has changed since issue 9 was originally discussed

    • Jim to email Andrew links to documents on rootservices
  6. Topics
    • Revisit prior resolution concerning whether a query result SHOULD or MUST be an LDPC

    • Paging in core spec - issues 141, 151 and 186.

  7. Other business

Voting Rights

Held by:

Minutes

Chair

Scribe

Attendees

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[14:03] Martin Sarabura: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2018.10.04
[14:04] Nick Crossley (IBM): Minutes accepted
[14:04] Nick Crossley (IBM): Action items:
[14:05] Nick Crossley (IBM): Martin to do quality review of all core documents
[14:05] Nick Crossley (IBM): Martin found several things to do with paging - has created new issues.
[14:05] Nick Crossley (IBM): And one to do with shapes.
[14:06] Nick Crossley (IBM): Next action: Jim to ask Chet about how to reference relative links internal to the current version
[14:06] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: no update from Chet on that issue.
[14:06] Nick Crossley (IBM): Next action: Jim to do quality review of query spec
[14:07] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: not yet done. Has noticed that title is incorrect. Jim will follow up with David.
[14:08] Nick Crossley (IBM): Next action: Nick to update config management spec to reflect decision in https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-183
[14:08] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick: not yet done - I've been out traveling.
[14:09] Nick Crossley (IBM): Next action: Andrew to propose reconsideration of https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-9 with emphasis on what has changed since issue 9 was originally discussed
[14:10] Nick Crossley (IBM): Andrew has sent an email with a proposal, but Andrew thinks it is too early to discuss today - need to allow time for members to read and think it through, and for Andrew to add more scenarios.
[14:11] Nick Crossley (IBM): Andrew: did Martin see feedback to Steering Committee on quality of Core specs?
[14:11] Nick Crossley (IBM): Martin: not yet.
[14:12] Nick Crossley (IBM): Andrew thinks that email should be forwarded to the Core mailing list, since it is mostly about the Core spec.
[14:13] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oslc-sc/201810/msg00000.html
[14:17] Nick Crossley (IBM): Andrew will contact Martin Pain about bootstrap discovery.
[14:17] Nick Crossley (IBM): Next action item: Jim to email Andrew links to documents on rootservices
[14:18] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): http://jazz.net/xmlns/prod/jazz/discovery/1.0/
[14:18] Nick Crossley (IBM): Done, but Andrew wonders if there is something defining the syntax more precisely - vocabulary docs, XML schema, etc.?
[14:19] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: probably not - either never existed, or has gone?
[14:19] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick: probably on jazz.net dev wiki?
[14:20] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RootServicesSpec#Root_Services_Documents
[14:23] Nick Crossley (IBM): jazz.net/xmlns is an older namespace that predates the conventions to have derefenceable vocabulary docs, and so probably does not have such sources.
[14:23] Nick Crossley (IBM): jazz.net/ns is the newer namespace where we do expect machine readable vocals and shapes.
[14:26] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: in the domains call just before this, we discussed the Steering Committee feedback mentioned above, and one of the approaches we could take is to migrate the Core specs to GitHub. This might allow us to integrate the specs and discussion wikis in a way that would improve the readability and reachability of the specs and associated non-normative material.
[14:28] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: we never intended OASIS to provide a community hub for OSLC.
[14:29] Nick Crossley (IBM): Martin: migration to new open-services.net site has taken a while, and really needs to get completed.
[14:29] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: old site was no longer maintainable.
[14:30] Nick Crossley (IBM): Martin: how much history could/should we maintain if we did move to Github?
[14:32] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: Old history would be available on existing web sites - such as SVN for Core, and old issues lists.
[14:33] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: and for specs not yet published (Config Mgmt) there's less to move/lose.
[14:33] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): https://github.com/doctrine/jira-github-issues
[14:33] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): https://help.github.com/articles/source-code-migration-tools/
[14:33] Martin Sarabura: New website, not yet "official": http://oslc.co/
[14:34] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: given the amount of active development, migration to a more unified dev environment would seem to have several benefits - something we would appreciate.
[14:35] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): https://github.com/OSLC/oslc-site-hugo/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22live+blockers%22
[14:35] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim will ask Chet about moving to Github - what is their opinion, what support/tools could they provide, etc.
[14:38] Nick Crossley (IBM): Andrew: if we did this, should we consider different Github projects for different docs, such as Core vs. TRS, etc.? This would help reduce email noise for those only interested in specific parts of OSLC.
[14:39] Nick Crossley (IBM): Martin: all committee members should look at new site. What to do with comments on this?
[14:39] Nick Crossley (IBM): Martin: mail to SC or Core TC, or raise issues there.
[14:40] Nick Crossley (IBM): Andrew: we should also consider staying on Jira, and using integration between that and Github.
[14:41] Nick Crossley (IBM): Andrew: Github wikis support a couple of syntaxes, so migration is easier.
[14:41] Nick Crossley (IBM): Martin: Let's move on to LDPC for query results.
[14:41] Nick Crossley (IBM): David summarized current state and previous vote.
[14:42] Nick Crossley (IBM): David asked Jim about current use of LDP in Core.
[14:48] Martin Sarabura: https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/oslc-core/trunk/specs/discovery.html
[14:50] Nick Crossley (IBM): That text is not clear as to whether the LDPC requirement is a MAY, SHOULD, or MUST - or none of the above.
[14:51] Nick Crossley (IBM): So for consistency, query spec should not say MUST be an LDPC.
[14:52] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Proposal: Modify the Query 3.0 spec, Query Results Container, change "MUST be an LDPC" to "SHOULD be an LDPC".
[14:53] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick: Seconded.
[14:53] Nick Crossley (IBM): +1
[14:53] Jim Amsden: +1
[14:53] Martin Sarabura: +1
[14:53] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): +1
[14:54] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): +1
[14:56] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim: David should fix the query spec title as well as changing this MUST to SHOULD.
[14:56] Nick Crossley (IBM): Motion carried.
[14:59] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick: will provide new TRS draft in next 10 days or so, after traveling next week. To be queued up for discussion the week or two after that.
[15:00] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Updated Query 3.0 and committed to SVN.

Meetings/Telecon2018.10.11 (last edited 2018-10-11 20:23:15 by sarabura)