Tracking OASIS TC meeting attendance towards voting eligibility.
It is the responsibility of the TC chairs to updating attendance records and TC member voting status "voting member" or just "member".
Record who attended
Go to Calendars, select specific calendar entry
- Select action "record attendance"
- Fill out "Attended" column, scroll down and then the button "Record Attendance"
Report on attendance
From the "Roster" tab, you can select "meeting attendance" or just click this link
- Calculation of voting rights:
According to OASIS TC Process - Membership and participation - Voting member, in TCs that regularly hold meetings:
- a Member shall gain voting rights at the close of the second consecutive Meeting attended by the Member or, if less than two Meetings are called within 60 days after the person becomes a Member, at the close of that 60th day
- a Voting Member who is absent from two consecutive Meetings (as recorded in the minutes) loses his or her voting rights at the end of the second Meeting missed
- a TC Member who has lost his or her voting rights shall regain them for a TC that holds Meetings by attending two consecutive Meetings (as recorded in the minutes), thus regaining voting rights after the end of the second Meeting attended
- I think this boils down to: to have voting rights, a member must meet all of these conditions:
- have attended at least 2 of the last 3 meetings, and
- have been a voting member immediately before those 3 meetings, namely:
- have attended at least 2 consecutive meetings at some point, and
- have had no breaks of 2 consecutive meetings since then (e.g., of 6 meetings, attending #1, #2, #4, #6 would have voting rights, but #1, #2, #3, #6 would not)
or, if it helps to think about it the other way, so you can go down the list and identify the people who do not have voting rights:
- if a member has attended fewer than 2 of the last 3 meetings, then they do not have voting rights, or
- if a member has not attended at least 2 consecutive meetings at some point, then they do not have voting rights, or
- if a member has been absent from 2 or more consecutive meetings since the last time they attended 2 consecutive meetings, then they do not have voting rights
Updating voting status
Go to the "Roster" page (might make sense to open in a separate window from the attendance report)
- In the "Role" column, change only those that need to be changed, then "Submit"