December 03, 2014 Meeting Minutes
- Bob performed roll call, we have quorum. This will be an official meeting.
1 Opening remarks (co-chairs)
2 Roll call
3 Review / approval of the agenda
4 Review of previous meeting minutes
5 Old Business
- vote to accept statements of use
- vote to request Special Majority Ballot
- Doc templates
- Status / review of outstanding v2.41 items
- Status of outstanding proposals
- Topics for next call
6 New Business
7 Review Action Items
Motion to accept agenda
- Tim moved, Jim seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
Approve Previous Meeting Minutes
November 19, 2014 posted but need adjustment to remove mention of minutes for 22 October as no meeting was held. Motion to accept the minutes for November 19, 2014 with edits as noted -Tim moved, Gershon seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
- vote to accept 4 (four) statements of use from (Cryptsoft, Feitian, P6R and Thales) - voice vote held - Tim H moved, Chris Z seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
- vote to request Special Majority Ballot - motion follows:
I move that the PKCS 11 TC co-chairs request TC Administration to hold a Special Majority Vote to approve submitting the following documents as Candidate OASIS Standards:
PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface Base Specification v2.40 Committee Specification cs02 at http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-base/v2.40/cs02/pkcs11-base-v2.40
PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface Current Mechanisms Specification v2.40 Committee Specification cs02 at http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-curr/v2.40/cs02/pkcs11-curr-v2.40-cs02.doc
PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface Historical Mechanisms Specification v2.40 Committee Specification cs02 at http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-hist/v2.40/cs02/pkcs11-hist-v2.40-cs02.doc
PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface Profiles v2.40 Committee Specification cs01 at http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-profiles/v2.40/cs01/pkcs11-profiles-v2.40-cs01.zip
Tim H moved, Mark J seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
- Graham S - attempting to contact Doren Cohen in relation to secure key import with no success so will push on with his proposal.
- Document Templates - Bob to post new template documents for Chris Z to use - they will require some editing prior to use
- Status / review of outstanding v2.41 items - no new items to report for today
- Status of outstanding proposals
Topics for next call
- Call on 17 December to be cancelled but may be activated by notice only if there are problems raised by TC Admin with the specification documents progression.
- Call on 31 December to be cancelled.
- Next call to be scheduled on 14 January 2015
- Note from Jane advising a booth spot is available - Tony provided added more detail - any member wishing to participate should contact Jane H as soon as possible.
- Vendor extensions - In answer to Mark J's question to the list, John stated that approach he uses for vendor extensions is to handle them via a config file. Tim stated that as a TC we should look at registering vendor extensions - Bob G agreed.
- Valerie: create 3.0 suggestion document, move 2.40 suggestions over into new 3.0 suggestion document. (not started, yet) (09042014.01)
- Bob: will make a first pass by going through meeting minutes. I will send to Valerie, who can clean it up and post to the wiki.(09042014.02) (Complete Aug 3, 2014)
- Valerie (et al): add new suggestions to the 3.0 wiki, so we can track if they have owners and are moving forward. (09042014.03)
- Bob G: how about I take time to write up a couple of paragraphs on how to get out a new mechanism to take to the team by the next meeting? (04062014.01)
- Tim H: send suggestions on how to handle minor updates prior to v3.0 to the list (16072014.01)
- Valerie: Check with her team to see if anyone will be picking up Darren's proposal from a few weeks back (10092014.01)
- Bob G: Check with Chet to see if we have to do anything special for the header files (10092014.02)
- Valerie: Follow up on timeline for new AES-XTS proposal (10092014.03)
Bob G: Start with Stef's document and make an amendment doc. Stef's broken definitions write-up (24092014.01)
- Bob G: I believe we can do errata's against committee spec, so we won't have to wait 90 days, but I will check with Chet (24092014.02)
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim moved, Jim seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Adjourned 1:24PM US-PST.