June 10, 2015 Meeting Minutes
- Valerie performed roll call, we have quorum. This will be an official meeting.
1 Opening remarks (co-chairs)
2 Roll call
3 Review / approval of the agenda
4 Review of previous meeting minutes
5 Old Business
- discussion of normative versus working header files.
- Suggestions from Chet on using SVN gate to store header files, and reference them with a committee note.
- discussion / motion to create a ballot for AES-XTS proposal
- AES GCM IV generation
AES GCM & CCM: CKA_VALUE_LEN and C_UnwrapKey (raised by Graham Steel)
- ECDH key derivation function (raised by Dieter Bong)
- discussion of responding to question on PKCS comment list
- update on POSIX discussion
- any works items ready for discussion
6 New Business
- TC Public page
- Any further comments?
7 Review Action Items
Motion to accept agenda
- Tim moved, Chris Z seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
Motion to Approve Previous Meeting Minutes
- Deferred to next week
- Much vigorous discussion about Valerie's proposal. No conclusions were reached.
- Chet to join next meeting.
SVN gate for Header files
- Valerie: Chet has suggested use of SVN for the header files.
- See discussion on Header files above - review next week.
- Valerie: Ok so for 2.41, which we are still planning to do I would like to Mark Powers has had a proposal out for a few weeks now and he has made the modifications between bit and byte that were requested since the last time we met, so I was wondering if there was anyone that was willing to move to take the AES-XTS proposal to ballot?
Motion proposed - A Full Majority ballot be created to determine whether the TC accepts the addition of the AES-XTS mechanism to the PKCS #11 Current Mechanisms v2.41 as defined in the proposal https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/55813/latest/AES-XTS.pdf by Mark Powers on 08-June-2015.
- Tim moves, Dina seconds, No objections or abstentions or discussions.
- Valerie to raise the ballot
AES GCM IV generation
AES GCM & CCM: CKA_VALUE_LEN and C_UnwrapKey
- Graham S: Introduced proposal
- Valerie: Write this up as a proposal and we can take it to ballot.
ECDH key derivation function
Discussion of responding to question on PKCS comment list
Update on POSIX discussion
Topics for next call
- Next call to be scheduled on 24 June 2015.
- Valerie: Raise ballot for AES-XTS proposal (10062015)
Valerie & Tim: Have discussion on Header files (10062015)
Graham S to write up ES GCM & CCM: CKA_VALUE_LEN and C_UnwrapKey as a proposal (10062015)
- Tim H: to update Wiki page for PKCS11 (27052015)
- John L: Send an email about POSIX to David and bringing in the other interested parties: Tim H, John L, and Graham Steele. (13052015)
- Valerie: create 3.0 suggestion document, move 2.40 suggestions over into new 3.0 suggestion document. (not started, yet) (09042014.01)
- Bob: will make a first pass by going through meeting minutes. I will send to Valerie, who can clean it up and post to the wiki.(09042014.02) (Complete Aug 3, 2014)
- Valerie (et al): add new suggestions to the 3.0 wiki, so we can track if they have owners and are moving forward. (09042014.03)
- Bob G: how about I take time to write up a couple of paragraphs on how to get out a new mechanism to take to the team by the next meeting? (04062014.01)
- Tim H: send suggestions on how to handle minor updates prior to v3.0 to the list (16072014.01)
- Valerie: Check with her team to see if anyone will be picking up Darren's proposal from a few weeks back (10092014.01)
- Bob G: Check with Chet to see if we have to do anything special for the header files (10092014.02)
- Valerie: Follow up on timeline for new AES-XTS proposal (10092014.03)
Bob G: Start with Stef's document and make an amendment doc. Stef's broken definitions write-up (24092014.01)
- Bob G: I believe we can do errata's against committee spec, so we won't have to wait 90 days, but I will check with Chet (24092014.02)
- Tony: Put action items into Jira
- John: Review comment made on list.
- Mark: Update AES-XTS proposal with editorial changes
- Valerie: Check with TC admin and Bob G on appropriate handling of the V2.40 header files (committee note or other)
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim moved, Chris seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Adjourned 1:40PM US-PST.