Sept 10, 2014 Meeting Minutes
- Bob performed roll call, we have quorum. This will be an official meeting.
1 Opening remarks (co-chairs)
2 Roll call
3 Review / approval of the agenda
4 Review of previous meeting minutes
5 Old Business
- Status of V2.40
- Statements of Use
- v3.0 topics
- How to get new mechanisms out faster than v3.0 (AES-XTS, possibly others)
- Topics for next call
6 New Business
- PKCS11 2.40 Header files
7 Review Action Items
Motion to accept agenda
- Tim moved, Bob R seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
Approve Previous Meeting Minutes
- Correction from Minutes posted for August 13 - incorrectly titled as August 30 - no vote required to amend. Tony to amend.
- Approval for minutes for 27 August - Tim moved, Bob R seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
Status on 2.40
- BobG: Chet has posted the ballot to promote to Committee Specification and Committee Note. Once the ballot closes we can vote to promote them to OASIS Candidate Specification. Do we need to wait until after the ballot passes?
- Tim: Yes, we need to wait until we have a version and a date to approve.
BobG: So we intend to promote the docs with the SoUs in the meeting in 4 weeks.
Statements of Use
- BobR: I would like those organizations providing a SoU to submit them within 3 weeks such that they can be reviewed and accepted at the meeting in 4 weeks. Do any of the organizations that have committed to provide a SoU have any issues?........ No
Moving forward with v3.0
How to get new mechanisms out faster than v3.0 (AES-XTS, possibly others)
- Bob G: Bob R do you think this would be feasible for a short term addition?
- Bob R: I think it can be done in the shorter term.
- Valerie: We have implemented but but not as P11 - it will help.
Bob GF:L Bob R could you look at this maybe with Sue Gleeson's help and bring this back in 2 weeks to give us an idea of the scope.
- Valerie: I can't commit to 2 weeks -0 we're pretty busy.
- Bob G: OK when you can.
Topics for Next Call
- Authenticated attributes
- Topics from Sven G
- Forking, handling, threading etc - I'll get something out on that shortly. There may be interest from RSA Australia
PKCS11 2.40 Header files
- Bob G: Oscar SO submitted updated header files for review. Once review is complete, we will need a ballot and Oscar will finalize them.
- Stef: Raised a concern about Unsigned_Long (UL). These should be added in v2.40 as previously decided.
- Oscar to at the UL to the Header Files
- Bob G: I don't believe the header files need a specific vote as they are derived but Bob G will check that with Chet.
- Stef: It looks like that the doc files were missing some content in the appendices.
- Bob G: Can you please check that there's nothing in the header files that needs a reference added to the appendices for any normative content referenced.
- Bob G: I added some content about the topic that Darren Moffat raised - Tim have you discussed this with Darren.
- Valerie: I don't believe Darren is continuing with that - it will need to go to someone else on our team. I'll check to see if I can get someone to pick it up.
Conferences and outbound messaging
Bob G & Valerie to look at a joint presentation at RSA2015 based on the presentation I'll be giving at the cryptographic conference in a few months. Topic is "breathing new life into a standard"
- Bob G: I'd be happy to review and assist in producing the abstracts required for RSA
- Bob G: If anyone would like to co-present with Valerie, please send her an email.
- Bob G: If there are folks who would like to work on publicity etc, please let me know.
- Bob G: Sven's proposal for UEFI - Sven didn't respond - Bob G to check for next call.
- Bob : Graham - authenticated attributes?
- Graham : I've posted an email to the list - happy to add something to the wiki. I would like to see some feedback.
- Bob G: I'll add this to the call in 2 weeks.
- Valerie: create 3.0 suggestion document, move 2.40 suggestions over into new 3.0 suggestion document. (not started, yet) (09042014.01)
- Bob: will make a first pass by going through meeting minutes. I will send to Valerie, who can clean it up and post to the wiki.(09042014.02) (Complete Aug 3, 2014)
- Valerie (et al): add new suggestions to the 3.0 wiki, so we can track if they have owners and are moving forward. (09042014.03)
- Bob G: how about I take time to write up a couple of paragraphs on how to get out a new mechanism to take to the team by the next meeting? (04062014.01)
- Tim H: send suggestions on how to handle minor updates prior to v3.0 to the list (16072014.01)
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim moved, Bob R seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Adjourned 1:34PM US-PDT.