May 13, 2015 Meeting Minutes
- Valerie performed roll call, we have quorum. This will be an official meeting.
1 Opening remarks (co-chairs)
2 Roll call
3 Review / approval of the agenda
4 Review of previous meeting minutes (January 14 & 28, Feb 11 had no quorum)
5 Old Business
- RSA Conference
- V2.41 proposals
- v3.0 Status of outstanding proposals
- Topics for next call
6 New Business
7 Review Action Items
Motion to accept agenda
- Tim moved, Sue seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
Approve Previous Meeting Minutes
- Valerie: Lost of interesting conference with interesting conversations. Good to interact with the other vendor. Widespread interest withy multiple vendors being engaged
- Tony: More handoff required. Hopefully more interoperability for next year. Booth has been booked anbd at the right time we need to decide to participate and elect an interop lead
- Valerie: Need to be better organised with the preparation calls.
- Mark J: would like more structured interop like KMIP.
- Valerie: Agreed
- Graham S: Booth layout was better last year for layout
- Valerie: Mixed views on that
- Tim: Gourping can be difficult - it didn't flow like previous years
- Tony: Oasis folks had logistics issues - working on a better plan for next year.
- Dina: will upload header files this afternoon
- Chris Z not on call - waiting for his header file contribution
- Valerie: PR link on OASIS website - any intereste in wider publicity..... non heard.
- Valerie: Wikipedia was updated yesterday but we should get that properly up to date. Volunteers to update it?... Tim H.
Secure Key Wrap Proposal
- Graham S: Need to do some work on that
- Valerie: New guidance from NIST on FIPS compliance related to IV generation needs to be taken into consideration
- Graham S: Agreed - we do need to respond on behalf of the TC
- Valerie: we need to handle this as a TC - Needs further discussion at the next meeting.
- Mark: decided on an EAS keytype and key generation material - that is included in the most recent upload
- Tim: Please limit the upload to just the new part so we can see just the new constants.
- Valerie: Will make time to work with BobR on this.
Topics for next call
David's incoming comments re POSIX
- John L: Usage guide doesn't provide guidance on forking from threads, the incoming comment outlined a problem on this that needs to be rectified in the usage guide
- Graham: Cryptosense has come across this before. We;'ve also seen a driver that catrches these forks and serialises them. We should probably pu[t a recommendation in there along those lines as a strategy.
- Tim: The issue here is not really one of forking, it is more of an implementation issue, rathyer than a specification issue
- Valerie: Understood - it is to be handled in the usage guide
- Tim: This issue is more that those who developed the implelentations with this issue, simply haven't read the usage guide.\
- Valerie: Should still include some additional text.
- Tim: David has made a suggestion to amend the spec as a warning.
- Valerie: Include a wording in the spec and perhaps expand in the usage guide.
- Valerie: Can we ensure that all parties are included in the email stream
- Next call to be scheduled on May 27.
- John L: Send an email about POSIX to David and bringing in the other interested parties: Tim H, John L, and Graham Steele. (13052015)
- Tim H: to update wikipedia page for PKCS11
- Valerie: create 3.0 suggestion document, move 2.40 suggestions over into new 3.0 suggestion document. (not started, yet) (09042014.01)
- Bob: will make a first pass by going through meeting minutes. I will send to Valerie, who can clean it up and post to the wiki.(09042014.02) (Complete Aug 3, 2014)
- Valerie (et al): add new suggestions to the 3.0 wiki, so we can track if they have owners and are moving forward. (09042014.03)
- Bob G: how about I take time to write up a couple of paragraphs on how to get out a new mechanism to take to the team by the next meeting? (04062014.01)
- Tim H: send suggestions on how to handle minor updates prior to v3.0 to the list (16072014.01)
- Valerie: Check with her team to see if anyone will be picking up Darren's proposal from a few weeks back (10092014.01)
- Bob G: Check with Chet to see if we have to do anything special for the header files (10092014.02)
- Valerie: Follow up on timeline for new AES-XTS proposal (10092014.03)
Bob G: Start with Stef's document and make an amendment doc. Stef's broken definitions write-up (24092014.01)
- Bob G: I believe we can do errata's against committee spec, so we won't have to wait 90 days, but I will check with Chet (24092014.02)
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim moved, Sue seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Adjourned 1:44PM US-PST.