January 14, 2015 Meeting Minutes
- Bob performed roll call, we have quorum. This will be an official meeting.
1 Opening remarks (co-chairs)
2 Roll call
3 Review / approval of the agenda
4 Review of previous meeting minutes
5 Old Business
- status of vote by OASIS membership
- Initial versions of 2.41 docs
- Status / review of outstanding v2.41 items
- Status of outstanding proposals
- RSA Conference
- Face to Face
- Topics for next call
6 New Business
7 Review Action Items
Motion to accept agenda
- Tim moved, Chris seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
Approve Previous Meeting Minutes
October 08, 2014 (they were published late, so could not be voted on in November 05, 2014 meeting and they were differed, but were mistakenly left off of future agendas.
- Motion to approve both sets of minutes - Tim moved, Chris seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
- BobG: Status update from Chet last Friday on the promotion of the V2.40 documents. At this point the OASIS public review has commenced. Once that completes we need to ensure the OASIS representatives for each organization vote. I'll send out an email when that happens requesting the members vote on the documents. Will circulate the email for comment before sending.
- Chris: just need to get a clarification from Stef on a few items.
- BobG: Templates are now available for all 5 documents - It would make sense for the editors to start working with the new templates.
- TimH: Requested that change tracking be available for updoaded docs.
- Sven: UEFI work - have had another turn around with Dell - so I will send out the list of commands that we are proposing for the standard.
- TimH: Once Sven's sent the items out, we just need to review and will decide on the approach from there.
- TimH: This appears to be the only major new content for v2.41 for profiles - we don't have anything else at this point.
- BobG: Will you be going ahead AESXTS for the v2.41 v of the mechanisms doc
- Valerie: Would like to get it in to this version
- BobG: Aiming at a deadline for v2.41 in Q2, potentially around the RSA Conference face to face.
- Valerie: That sounds reasonable - we should be able to start in February
- BobG: Sven's items - we need to look at any of those you'd like to see in v2.41 in the next meeting or two
- Sven: Yes - we have two major releases coming out and a release in June so perhaps start on this in February
- BobG: Will collate the content for v2.41 so it can be reviewed in the meeting in two weeks
- JohnL: Happy to edit usage guide but will need some content for folks
- BobG: Will check with Sue for any changes to mechanisms
- BobG: Use the face to face to target some of the larger, more complex issues. On the call in 4 weeks - we should start on a list of topics for the face to face meeting
- No items
Face to Face
- Bob G: we need to set a date so we have 3 options (Wednesday the week before, the Friday of the Conference or on the 27th/28th April. I'll put together a straw poll around those dates.
- Bob G: We do need a location. Could we use Oracle?
- Valerie: Will investigate.
- TonyC: Preparations are underway we should start firming up over the next few weeks.
- Sven: We are working on a demonstration with Intel that might be of interest.
- TimH: You should look at joining the booth if there is space available
Sven: to contact Dee & Jane to see if there is a spot.
Topics for next call
- Next call to be scheduled on 28 January 2015
- Collated item list for v2.41 release
- Valerie: create 3.0 suggestion document, move 2.40 suggestions over into new 3.0 suggestion document. (not started, yet) (09042014.01)
- Bob: will make a first pass by going through meeting minutes. I will send to Valerie, who can clean it up and post to the wiki.(09042014.02) (Complete Aug 3, 2014)
- Valerie (et al): add new suggestions to the 3.0 wiki, so we can track if they have owners and are moving forward. (09042014.03)
- Bob G: how about I take time to write up a couple of paragraphs on how to get out a new mechanism to take to the team by the next meeting? (04062014.01)
- Tim H: send suggestions on how to handle minor updates prior to v3.0 to the list (16072014.01)
- Valerie: Check with her team to see if anyone will be picking up Darren's proposal from a few weeks back (10092014.01)
- Bob G: Check with Chet to see if we have to do anything special for the header files (10092014.02)
- Valerie: Follow up on timeline for new AES-XTS proposal (10092014.03)
Bob G: Start with Stef's document and make an amendment doc. Stef's broken definitions write-up (24092014.01)
- Bob G: I believe we can do errata's against committee spec, so we won't have to wait 90 days, but I will check with Chet (24092014.02)
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim moved, Chris seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Adjourned 1:27PM US-PST.