July 16, 2014 Meeting Minutes
- Valerie did roll call, we have quorum. This will be an official meeting.
1 Opening remarks (co-chairs)
2 Roll call
3 Review / approval of the agenda
4 Review of previous meeting minutes
5 Old Business
- Status of V2.40 second public review
- Statements of Use
- v3.0 topics
- How to get new mechanisms out faster than v3.0 (AES-XTS, possibly others)
- Topics for next call
6 New Business
7 Review Action Items
Motion to accept agenda
- Tim moves to accept the agenda, Sue G seconds. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Approved.
Approve Previous Meeting Minutes
Minutes up for approval: 18 June 2014
- Chris Z moves to accept the Minutes, Gershon J seconds. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Approved.
Status on 2.40 second review
- Valerie: We need to move forward on v2.40 with a second review after we removed the AES-XTS extensions. Chris, I know you've been working on that. We don't have any major changes correct, Chris?
- Chris: Correct, I've received no additional feedback and I've completed the minor edits.
- Valerie: No material changes, correct?
- Chris: Just editorial changes, correct.
- Valerie: OK so any additional concerns about these documents?
- Tim: Questioned which version was current
- Chris: CDS03 was the last for the mechanisms.
- Valerie: No motion to review this yet. Tim do you think we can take this forward?
- Tim: Just confirming the version (Rev 07?) of the mechanisms as I can only see (Rev06)
- Chris: checking, I'll get back to you
- Valerie: Need to note the removal of AES-XTS
- Hal noted that we need to take a vote to make it a committee spec draft first
- Tim: Motion was made in meeting on 7th May - should be ok, yes?
- Hal: confirmed process was on track
- Tim OK once we have versions confirmed, I'm happy to make the motion.
- Val: Thanks Tim.
- Chris: Current was uploaded on July 2nd (Rev 06) CDS03
- Tim: Confirmed
- Valerie: Tim can you make the motion?
- Tim moves that the PKCS 11 TC approve the following documents as Committee Spec Draft and approve submitting it for a fifteen-day public review - Chris Z seconds the motion:
- No objections or abstentions or discussions. Approved.
Statements of Use
- Valerie: Do was have any Statements of use?
- Bob R: We have prepared one and our legal folks are reviewing it.
- Valerie: OK so we're just waiting for Cryptsoft and EMC to provide a status
Moving forward with v3.0
Valerie: Bob G & I have been collecting v3.0 items we'd like to get up on the Wiki, Wan-Teh, have you got something prepared?
- Wan-Teh: Just a status updated, I posted a revised version of the proposal and have bot received any feedback. I'd not like to update the very early proposal into a formal proposal for the specification.
- Valerie: That would be great.Thank you Wan-Teh. I haven't made any progress on the padding proposal.
- Tim: Are we going to release a 2.41 for minor items prior to the major changes in v3.0?
- Valerie: We had discussed this for minor items, correct Tim?
- Tim: Mainly to cover off on Darren Moffat's new error code request and the suggestion of a new unique attribute.
- Valerie: There seems to be a lot of overhead in the OASIS process for a minor release...
- Tim: I think 3.0 will take 18 months to get through the process, and I think we need to make changes visible even if we only stop at CSD for the minor until we have enough changes to progress it.
- Valerie: Perhaps we should track all the proposals for 3.0 and see if any are small enough to be considered for another minor release?
- Tim: That's a good idea. As a group we we just need to make the decision on minor updates and put it on record or not.
- Valerie: Suggest we take a vote at the next meeting. Tim, can you please send a suggestion to the list and we'll discuss in the next meeting.
- Tim: Will do.
Topics for Next Call
- Per entry above - discussion of minor version releases.
- Valerie: create 3.0 suggestion document, move 2.40 suggestions over into new 3.0 suggestion document. (not started, yet) (09042014.01)
- Bob: will make a first pass by going through meeting minutes. I will send to Valerie, who can clean it up and post to the wiki.(09042014.02)
- Valerie (et al): add new suggestions to the 3.0 wiki, so we can track if they have owners and are moving forward. (09042014.03)
- Bob G: how about I take time to write up a couple of paragraphs on how to get out a new mechanism to take to the team by the next meeting? (04062014.01)
- Tim H: send suggestions on how to handle minor updates prior to v3.0 to the list (16072014.01)
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim moved, Gershon J seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Adjourned 1:28PM US-PT.