March 18, 2015 Meeting Minutes
- Bob performed roll call, we have quorum. This will be an official meeting.
1 Opening remarks (co-chairs)
2 Roll call
3 Review / approval of the agenda
4 Review of previous meeting minutes (January 14 & 28, Feb 11 had no quorum)
5 Old Business
- RSA Conference
- Face to Face
- V2.40 webinar
- V2.41 proposals
- v3.0 Status of outstanding proposals
- Topics for next call
6 New Business
7 Review Action Items
- Motion to add a secretary - Tony Cox
- Dina/Valerie - Oscar's questions poasted to the list.
- BobG: Attending the NIST Post-Quantum Crypto workshop - looking at impacts on PKCS11
Motion to accept agenda
- Tim moved, Jeff seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
Approve Previous Meeting Minutes
==== V2.40 Webinar ====
- BobG: Webinar to held to explain to OASIS voting members whatr PKCS11 is and it's importance. It will be held on March 27th at 11am eastern time and the details will apper on the OASIS website.
- No status update on items
- BobR: has posted an item - discussion deferred to next meeting.
- BobG: asked Tim about status on UEFI profile
- Tim: no responses from Sven - waiting.
Face to Face
- BobG: I'll start on an agenda over the weekend
- BobG: To start a 1 week straw for attendance and also for a PKCS11 dinner
- Valerie: We'll be in the clock tower building. Don not use Waze to find it - you'll end up in the wrong place
All: In principle agreement for a joint PKCS11 & KMIP dinner
- Tony: Will seek opinion from KMIP TC on attendance at joint dinner
- Valerie: With Tim's help, has posted a crowdsourced speaker slot so please vote.
Tony: Weekly status calls with Dee & Jane starting soon.
- Tony: Utimaco have joined the PKCS11 interop
- BobG: Registration code provided by OASIS for entry into the RSA conference expo - check the OASIOS website for that.
Topics for next call
- Oscar So's questions.
- Dina: Asked about 2.40 attributes (modifyable, copyable and destroyable) and how they interplay with sensitive and extractable. How should this look/be used.
- BobG: We need to examine that in the 3.0 context and perhaps look at what we sis in 2.40/2.41. Could you please summarise the question in an email.
- Dina: Registration of attributes via the "PKCS Process". What is this process?
- BobG: There is actually no formal process
- Tim: This should be changed to the "OASIS process". Items should be raised as committee drafts.
- Next call to be scheduled on 1 April 2015
- Valerie: create 3.0 suggestion document, move 2.40 suggestions over into new 3.0 suggestion document. (not started, yet) (09042014.01)
- Bob: will make a first pass by going through meeting minutes. I will send to Valerie, who can clean it up and post to the wiki.(09042014.02) (Complete Aug 3, 2014)
- Valerie (et al): add new suggestions to the 3.0 wiki, so we can track if they have owners and are moving forward. (09042014.03)
- Bob G: how about I take time to write up a couple of paragraphs on how to get out a new mechanism to take to the team by the next meeting? (04062014.01)
- Tim H: send suggestions on how to handle minor updates prior to v3.0 to the list (16072014.01)
- Valerie: Check with her team to see if anyone will be picking up Darren's proposal from a few weeks back (10092014.01)
- Bob G: Check with Chet to see if we have to do anything special for the header files (10092014.02)
- Valerie: Follow up on timeline for new AES-XTS proposal (10092014.03)
Bob G: Start with Stef's document and make an amendment doc. Stef's broken definitions write-up (24092014.01)
- Bob G: I believe we can do errata's against committee spec, so we won't have to wait 90 days, but I will check with Chet (24092014.02)
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim moved, BobR seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Adjourned 1:36PM US-PST.