November 19, 2014 Meeting Minutes
- Bob performed roll call, we have quorum. This will be an official meeting.
1 Opening remarks (co-chairs)
2 Roll call
3 Review / approval of the agenda
4 Review of previous meeting minutes
5 Old Business
- Status of V2.40
- Vote on request for ballot for V2.40 committee specs / note (cs02, cn02)
- Header files
- Conformance testing proposal
- Sven's list for 2.41 features
- 2.41 Status
6 New Business
7 Review Action Items
Motion to accept agenda
- Tim moved, Stef seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
Approve Previous Meeting Minutes
November 5, 2014 - Tim moved, Stef seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions.
Status of V2.40
Vote on request for ballot for V2.40 committee specs / note (cs02, cn02)
- Tim: Expecting a status update from Chet in the next week.
- Tim: Cryptsoft SoU has been updated
- Bob G: requested folks prepare for the to request the OASIS Membership ballot OASIS Admin to promote the documents to OASIS standards at Dec 3 (2014) meeting
- Stef: I've posted the headers. I'll post the headers for 2.40 after this meeting.
- Stef: The definitions, omissions and errors in the normative document that producing the header files brought to light still remain and I've posted them to the list to review. I'd suggest that for all the allocated items, we consolidate all the feedback into one document for ballot, that would be good and Chris Z has offered to assist with a draft proposal for that.
- Bob G: We should do a proposal on accepting the current version at the next meeting. We should have a vote (likely voice vote) on it at the Dec 3 meeting. From there we can look to add it and any further changes into the into the 2.41 doc set.
We should look to a proposal for 2.41.
- Bob G: I'll request a new set of templates for 2.41 and you can run from that, Chris.
- Bob G: A vote will be required as there are some material changes in addition to the editorial changes.
Conformance Testing Proposal
- Graham S: Project funded by the French Government for pre-procurement testing of PKCS11. We have extracted 118 critical functionality points to asses a PKCS11
implementation against with a range of subjective criteria for assessment. Running the tests for the implementations in the lab, they all have some issues somewhere that would
require correction. These results have been submitted to the list for people to review.
- Tim: I'll look through the content and give Graham some feedback.
Sven's list for 2.41 features
- Bob G: Three points arose on last weeks call:
- Bob G: Multiple pins - Sven will provide a proposal to show which parts of the spec would be impacted/involved.
Bob G: Changes to the spec for error code corrections & enhancements so if anyone has any of those on record I'll put them together for 2.41 release, as well sa some other small items for the usage guide.
- Bob G: Looking to a UEFI profile and Tim will work on that with Sven.
- Bob G: Look to starting work on 2.41 items in the new year.
Older PKCS11 versions
- Bob G: It appears that the earlier versions are no longer available on the RSA site. Tim, do you still have those available on the Cryptsoft site?
- Tim: Yes all versions. We can always post them to the wiki if that's required?
- Bob G: Thanks Tim, can send me a link to those and I'll direct folks there.
- Bob G: We'll discuss the need for a second PKCS11 meeting in December on the next call based on the items we have outstanding.
- Valerie: create 3.0 suggestion document, move 2.40 suggestions over into new 3.0 suggestion document. (not started, yet) (09042014.01)
- Bob: will make a first pass by going through meeting minutes. I will send to Valerie, who can clean it up and post to the wiki.(09042014.02) (Complete Aug 3, 2014)
- Valerie (et al): add new suggestions to the 3.0 wiki, so we can track if they have owners and are moving forward. (09042014.03)
- Bob G: how about I take time to write up a couple of paragraphs on how to get out a new mechanism to take to the team by the next meeting? (04062014.01)
- Tim H: send suggestions on how to handle minor updates prior to v3.0 to the list (16072014.01)
- Valerie: Check with her team to see if anyone will be picking up Darren's proposal from a few weeks back (10092014.01)
- Bob G: Check with Chet to see if we have to do anything special for the header files (10092014.02)
- Valerie: Follow up on timeline for new AES-XTS proposal (10092014.03)
Bob G: Start with Stef's document and make an amendment doc. Stef's broken definitions write-up (24092014.01)
- Bob G: I believe we can do errata's against committee spec, so we won't have to wait 90 days, but I will check with Chet (24092014.02)
Motion to Adjourn
- Tim moved, Stef seconded. No objections or abstentions or discussions. Adjourned 1:26PM US-PST.